Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all the helpful advice ladies! I'm very much hoping for b/g twins (moreso than g/g twins), but my gut says it's b/b! I worry with 3 boys my DS will feel left out. It seems a couple of ladies on this site have a boy then b/b twins so I will definitely be looking for support and advice if that ends up being the case.

Thank you 1+2+3 for posting your scan - I love seeing twin scans, it's so fascinating to me! As you said, that line is so thin I can't even make it out - wow! I'm really praying mine are still both doing ok when I go back for my 15 week scan - I can't wait to see what they look like and to hopefully confirm they are di/di.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    di/di twins are at less risk during pregnancy too which is a big bonus. I always wanted 2 boys and a girl but when I knew my twins were prob identical I hoped for girls because otherwise I would get none. When I found out I was having 2 more boys my first thought was "looks like I'll have to have 4 children." DP has agreed to one more and to do HT. We can not really afford it but will make it happen because having a daughter is really important to me. To have a girl is the only reason I want another child so I think a gender garuntee is a smart choice for me. I love little boys though. I was never one of those ladies who preferred girls and I grew up as a tomboy. My boys are the best of mates. The twins look up to DS1 so much and sometimes I feel like them being boys was the best thing because they are close enough being twins and at least DS1 can relate to them more by being the same gender. I call my twins his "twinions" (minions) sometimes

I am happy to help in any way I can. Us twin Mums need to stick together. I really appreciated all the advise and support I got from other twin Mums with older twins than mine. No one else can truely know what it is like so it helps to hear from people who have been there and now I love to do the same for other twin Mums/Mums to be. It is such a special thing. Whether they are Id/same sex frat/BG frat, twins are a pretty unique and amazing experience.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like your initial reaction was pretty normal. I have to say, from what I know of you via your posts, you seem like an ideal candidate for a twin mum. I think you will do fabulously with them and your family. Why do you prefer B/G over G/G? Also, how many kids do you want total do you think? Will you consider getting the Panorama (which can at least tell you if you're having 1-2 boys or 2 girls)? I can't wait until you find out gender. Fx they both have long, healthy gestations.

Thanks for your kind words about my twin MC. It was brutal psychologically bc I've always dreamed of having twins - never dreamed of a singleton, I wanted 6 sets of twins lol - and my first 5 pregnancies were all singletons so I was surprised despite the family history and knowing I hyper O. But I do believe things happen for a reason, maybe twins would have made my back far worse, or who knows - I trust in my fate despite how unpleasant it's been to me at times. And now I am very happy with, in fact prefer the idea of a singleton. But I'd be okay with twins, too. Just at least 1 girl in there, please!
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 19th, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is scary when you first find out - esp when you start reading about the risks. I have to say I am really pleased my twins are same sex (boys). They have always played together so well. Much less work for me compared to my singleton DD!! I think it would of been really hard work with one wanting me to play cars/traffic jams and constantly on the move and the other wanting to sit and read or play dollies and tea parties. The other thing that's really great about naturally conceived twins vs IVF is that you have a much better chance of getting them out naturally or at least with minimum intervention. My OB (who was prof of fetal medicine at a top london hospital) used to tell me that naturally conceived twins generally have less issues. So you've got that going for you!
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1+2+3 & Matilda - thank you for sharing your experiences with raising same sex twins. You have definitely made me feel better and less scared of the prospect of raising twin boys! At this point I'm so excited about the possibility of having twins that I'm hoping that helps some with GD also. I know it will be the most difficult challenge I've ever faced, but as you both have said it is unique and special and I hope I'm blessed with the opportunity and that both of these babies make it. DH is open to the idea of a 4th if these babies make it and we survive the first 2 years without killing ourselves (J/K). We both prefer even numbers and even if it is 4 boys, I'm at peace with that. 1+2+3 - HT is very smart in your case, I definitely would pursue it if my desire for a DD was stronger.

maiden - thank you for your kind words! I had my blood drawn on Monday for maternit21 and I hope to hear next week , but I'm not sure if it will get delayed with the holidays. I feel very certain there is at least one boy and it's going to drive me nuts waiting until mid January to find out how many! I agree that things definitely happen for a reason and I hope you get your happy ending and BFP soon. I know how exhausting the diet and exercise is after so many months!
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to post this question for anyone that has been pregnant with twins before.. When did your pregnancy feel "different" than your singleton pregnancy? I'm nearly 11 weeks, so I realize I'm very early . So far this pregnancy has been far easier than my singleton pregnancy with DS. I'm less moody, less sick, less bloated, and I'm nowhere near showing yet. I know there is plenty of time for horrific twin pregnancy symptoms to start, it just makes me nervous that I haven't experienced any yet! Do you remember when you started really showing with your twins? Was your pregnancy different in the first trimester ? Thanks!
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the ladies above. I obviously wanted a boy, but I would have preferred g/g twins to b/g. It's not that I don't think that they are absolutely adorable, it's that I really don't see them being as good of playmates or maintaining the bond as they age. That is just my own observations and my assumptions could definitely be wrong! Also, the only time I noticed a difference in my pregnancies was in the beginning. With my daughter I never got sick. With the twins it really depended on the day. Some days I was fine, others I didn't leave my bed. Also, I saw differences near the end. My biggest issue was that there was so much going on in there that I had to eat very tiny portions or I would get sick because there was no room.
    One perfect born 7/11.

HT identical twin boys born 4/14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, are you from TX? Lol
    One perfect born 7/11.

HT identical twin boys born 4/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I felt more sick with my singleton pregnancy. I was way more tired though in that first trimester with the twins. I have never felt so incredibly tired in my whole life. It was sheer exhaustion and I could barely get off the couch because my limbs felt so heavy and I could have slept al day. I have heard of other ladies saying their single pregnancies were worse for morning sickness. Maybe since they had had HCG in their body before they were a bit more used to it even though there was more than last time? So I would not be worrying. Also I had a cute little belly by 9 weeks and I had just gotten my flat stomach back so it was noticable. No belly starting to show until 13 weeks with DS1.

It is funny how people have such different perceptions of things. I thought B/G twins would be perfect after a singleton of either gender. The older sibling has a same sex sibling to be close to and the sibling who is the only one of their gender in the family will be close to their twin so no one will feel left out. I think you just have to make work what you have though and there are so many possible variations of personalities as well putting gender aside.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ejk741 - yes from TX Another thing to keep in mind if I do end up with identical or same sex twins. Selfishly I want b/g twins, but for the kids and my family dynamic perhaps the g/g or b/b is the preferred split. I can't wait to find out in a month!

1+2+3 - I have been much much more tired this pregnancy. I have blamed a very high energy 2 year old that keeps trying to drop his nap, but it definitely could be related to having twins. Everyday when DH gets home at 5:30 I pass out in my bed from 5:30-7:30 PM . I feel very lazy because I want to spend most of my days home with DS on the couch, but keeping up with him at the park and such makes me so very tired! Glad to know others weren't as sick with their twin pregnancies. I'm definitely still sick, but it was so much worse with DS.
    DS1 (2012)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast