Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 weeks too early for nub prediction??

I had a scan today because I've had some bleeding. After learning that everything is ok, I was telling the sonographer that I have three boys. So she looked (toilet shot) and said, "My guess is that this is boy #4! There's definitely something between the legs." My heart sank for just a minute, but I'm honestly relieved that all is well with the pregnancy. Plus I have no regrets about my sway...so if it is a boy, I know I did all I could.

I was surprised that she made a prediction at all this early especially based on that angle...not nub. (I didn't ask her about the nub)

I don't know much about nub shots and if they can be seen in these pics or not. Or if they'd even be accurate this early.

Thoughts are much appreciated!
    Name:  photo 1 (2).JPG
Views: 3215
Size:  578.0 KB
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 1037
Size:  285.1 KB

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How far along are you?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry. At 10 weeks, you cannot tell gender. They all look like aliens with a tail!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes BabyGirl2013 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I thought too! I couldn't believe she even guessed. When would be the ideal time for me to get a nub shot? I guess that little line sticking out between the legs isn't a nub??

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    13 weeks is best!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah even with a potty shot at this gestation they all look exactly alike so take her guess with a grain of salt. 13 weeks on is best. I personally like 15 weeks for those late developers makes it harder to play the what if game.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

8. Likes BabyGirl2013 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Babycakes I know we already discussed this but I"m C and P my response here in case of others stumbling onto this thread with the same question:

That tech should be fired because she knows nothing about biology or fetal anatomy.

Baby boys and girls are IDENTICAL at that stage of getstation. The Y chromosome is dormant till late in the 10th week and does not even begin to make testosterone until that point. Without testosterone, the genitals of boy and girl babies are indistinguishable - they are exactly the same (both girls). Only after the Y chromosome "wakes up" and starts growing the testicles, which in turn make testosterone, does the baby's "clitoris" turn into a penis in boys. THis process takes till the 13th week to continue and I find that even in the 12th week it is totally unreliable. No nub guessing till the 13th week gestation!

Potty shots are completely inaccurate up until 16 weeks gestation. So not only is the tech wrong about the baby possibly looking boy at this stage, they could not tell from a potty shot anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ