Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have all been very helpful and sweet. I am embarrassed to have admitted that for all of the obvious reasons. I appreciate your post and know that I will come around and love either gender baby I believe it is pretty likely that we are having a boy and I do think all of you have seen enough nubs that you are experts. Thank you so much. I will update.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks boyish. I want a girl for my first so I completely understand your preference.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking boy, too. Maybe the next scan will prove us wrong! x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also guess boy. If you are disappointed know that is normal & it won't last. I was completely devo at the thought of DS3 being a boy, now I'm super excited about being an all-boy mum! He is due in 7 weeks & I wouldn't swap to a girl now even if I could!!
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

5. Thanks Girlygirl123 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much. I have faith in all of you and am quite sure you are right. We will be thrilled with either it's the initial disappointment that I know will change very soon.

7. Likes PrimalMamma liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to you! That's what my mom told me about our family. We are a family of three sisters. My mom told us when she found out my second sister was a girl she was upset but thought it would be nice to have two close sisters. Then when she had my other sister the tech asked what she had at home and when she said two girls the tech said she was unsure (at 20 weeks if she can really see) was stalling quite a bit and then finally asked if she really wanted to know. She finally said 100 percent girl. She went out crying and told my dad how upset she was. Almost immediately she changed her mind and also said she would never change three girls for anything else. Thank you so much and best to you too

9. Likes PrimalMamma liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know if I can get a private scan now at 14 weeks and are they safe?

Are the 3d scans safe at 14 or 15 weeks through private companies safe and will they be able to confirm gender?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're from an all girl family and it's all you know, it's only natural you wanted a girl. But you will get used to being a boy mom and you will love him with all your heart. Remember that children need the exact same love from their mommy regardless of their gender, they need the exact same amount of cuddles and encouraging words, whether they are boy or girl. I went through GD 3 times, but I love my boys so much, I couldn't live without them. You will be a great mom. I think you are taking this really well already, keep it up!! <3

And yes, private scans at 14-15 weeks are safe and will be able to reveal gender! GL!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely agree with Claire. I'm from an all girl family and now we all produce grandsons and they are gorgeous. I get so proud when I imagine our future together. Now they are tiny and cuddly, but one day they will be tall and big and we will have to look up to them. Gives me a warm and proud feeling, you'll get there xx
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

13. Thanks Girlygirl123 thanked for this post
    Likes PrimalMamma liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all again!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast