Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats exciting news!! We are only guessing off of a few short seconds of video It only takes baby to be at a slightly jaunty angle to not show the full of his or her bits when it comes to nub guessing which is why even the clearest picture is only ever given an 85% vote When will you be having your next scan?? I would put blue back in the running with your obs guess, if you buy anything I would keep the labels on lol but definitely back in the game!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girl! I would love a sister for my girl!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    Thats exciting news!! We are only guessing off of a few short seconds of video It only takes baby to be at a slightly jaunty angle to not show the full of his or her bits when it comes to nub guessing which is why even the clearest picture is only ever given an 85% vote When will you be having your next scan?? I would put blue back in the running with your obs guess, if you buy anything I would keep the labels on lol but definitely back in the game!
    That's interesting, would you say though that mine were clear pictures? And does that mean that ignoring my OB's guess, would the pictures suggest an 85% chance girl?

Yes I would love a sister for my little girl too, but we also thought it would be interesting to have a boy and a girl and I'm close to my brother so we figured she'll be getting a playmate no matter what.

My scan is scheduled for 20/4, so about a month away. I'm struggling with the wait lol spending all my spare time (fortunately I have almost none lol) looking at threads about people who got all girl guesses but then had boys. Doesn't seem to happen very often though so I think at this point, I'm going to be surprised whatever it is.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 days till we find out now, the wait is killing me. Well really I'm just looking forward to getting to see my baby again because it feels like it's been ages. But there is a part of me that is feeling a bit sad because I feel like I've missed out on ever getting to have a son. I know we don't know for sure, but I feel like with 100% girl guesses it's very unlikely I'm going to hear anything other than girl on Thursday. My partner still thinks it's a boy, that's the part I'm dreading most. I don't want to tell him that he won't be having a son. I don't feel like it's a boy anymore, now I feel like it's a girl. Not sure if that's because of the nub guesses or what though. I can't talk about this with anyone, so I'm grateful to be able to post here.

Anyway, thought I'd also post in case anyone had any last minute guesses. Be kind of glad once I do find out for sure because maybe then I can stop being so obsessed with searching for nub shots lol

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

8. Thanks No.2SomethingBlue:) thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's looking girlie to me too based on the pics & video, but your dr was able to take a closer look than all of us, so fx your dr is right! Can't wait to hear Cute either way!

My Ovulation Chart
    2013 2015 2017

My Ovulation Chart

10. Likes No.2SomethingBlue:) liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I keep checking back what was the verdict?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cbe8

My Ovulation Chart

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, sorry about the delay in posting, was kind of an experience and not in a good way. Most importantly, Baby appears to be healthy but is now measuring 2 weeks ahead of my initial due date so bit nervous about delivery.

My partner wasn't sure he wanted to know the gender, so we asked them to write it on a piece of paper. The sonographer wasn't very nice; we didn't get any nice photos this time unlike last time and she didn't say anything really except to tell me when I asked one question about the head that if I asked about everything, it was going to be a very long scan.

Anyway we got to the end and she told us to wait outside. Then she brought us one sheet of photos - for my 12 week scan I had like 20 photos, for this one, which was longer, we only got 7 and they are all terrible, all blurred and only of the face, nothing else. But you can't actually make out anything on the face. I almost feel like crying because it was just such a horrible experience. She completely forgot about our request for the gender and then when I asked the receptionist, she told us she'd gone to lunch. She said she'd call and write it down for us though which was nice. But then we could hear that the sonographer hadn't really checked - it was a long phone call for only one question. So when the receptionist got off the phone, she handed us a piece of paper but told us it was only a 60% guess.

I didn't tell DP, but I opened the envelope when we got home and checked. It said, 60% only - girl. I don't even know even know how to take this. I was really hoping that after today I would know one way or the other and could just get on with things, but this doesn't really make me feel very confident at all. I paid $285 for that scan, I was so excited this morning and now I just feel so sad. I feel like anyone who wants to be a sonographer and trains to do morphology scans could surely show a little compassion for pregnant women who just want to be able to enjoy one part of the pregnancy experience when they get to see their baby. She wouldn't even let us listen to the heart beat.

Anyway, sorry bit of a vent. I don't know if this counts as an update or not - 60% doesn't seem like great odds to me. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is knowing that next week, I have another appointment with my OB and she will do an ultrasound then and maybe I'll get to have a look at my baby in a comfortable setting. I'll ask her about the gender then because DP can't come with me to that appointment, and hopefully I'll have an answer then to update.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds terrible! I' so glad LO is nice and healthy for you thats the main thing But I would ring up and complain about the scan especially if you have paid alot! of money for it. If they are not helpful on the phone and don't offer a refund or another scan then I would let them know that you will be leaving a google review for them telling people how poor their service is. As for the 60% guess I think that you can still not rule anything out with that so lets see if your ob can see for you xx

15. Thanks No.2SomethingBlue:) thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's horrible I would definitely be calling to complain to a boss or if she's individual I'd give a bad review so sorry I'd be so upset

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cbe8

My Ovulation Chart

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast