Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

gender scan at 15 + 3- will it be accurate

i have been looking at where i can get private gender scan done. they say on their website they can determine gender from 14-15weeks. i thought this was a bit early but the receptionist said they do these all day and the tech is very experienced. what do you think? are there any techs with an opinion on this. should i wait til after 16weeks? feel sick just thinking about it.....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me I would wait til the 16th week. If it's going to stress you out afterwards and make you second guess the tech, I would wait. 16-17w is a pretty good time for accurate guesses. Good luck mama! I know how tough it is to wait I wanted a repeat scan done at 17w and the one and only place that will do it has told me no guesses before 20w... Ugh.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you can tell early. My son was obvious at 13 weeks. With a girl, if you go early, you may still doubt the results zo waiting until 16 weeks is probably the most efficient thing to do.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks all, i think i might postpone it then

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking at places close to me yesterday (I know, I know, I don't even know if I want to find out yet!) and they all said from 20 weeks - which isn't much help at all as my NHS scan will be at 20 weeks and they will tell me anyway!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I was looking at places close to me yesterday (I know, I know, I don't even know if I want to find out yet!) and they all said from 20 weeks - which isn't much help at all as my NHS scan will be at 20 weeks and they will tell me anyway!
    That stinks I would do the exact same thing but I don't want the 45min scan...I wish I had the balls to walk in, get them to check for sex, and then say, "Thanks! See you later!"...and then walk out So instead I have to pay $120 at a non diagnostic place...ugh. I hope you get some great nub shots! One thing you could do Z, is tell the scanner that you'd love to have an all body profile shot to announce your pregnancy...you may get better shots that way or if you have a fantastic tech just ask her outright if she could capture the nub area... no guesses necessary...you're just really interested in the whole theory Worked for me!!! xoxo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a scan a week on tues, will be 15w5d and really hoping they can give me some kinna clue either way! Prob not! My next scan will be at 20wks and the wait will be awful! lol Hope u can find out! Keep us updated. x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can be done pretty accurately with the right tech. I had a scan with my last baby @ 14W and it was very obvious he was a boy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think with boys it's pretty obvious--I knew ds3 was a boy at his NT scan and this was back when I knew nothing about nubs. I just saw it protrude on the screen and asked if he was a boy. I agree that you should wait IF you will second doubt the results. I'm a doubter so I know even if the tech was 100% on her guess, I would find some reason online why i should have waited. But that's just my
    3 handsome s!
    our sway worked!
    Thought we were done...but expecting a surprise #5 nub looks promising for --shock of our life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We found out at 16w DD2 was a girl
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast