Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

24 week gender ultrasound confusion

Alright so I’ve had now three separate ultrasounds to confirm my baby’s gender and I’ve received different answers from everyone and it’s a bit confusing.
    My first one was at 20 weeks and the tech said it was a girl. I’m not sure how she even determined it was a girl considering the photo quality here.

I can’t even see the legs or anything in this photo so I feel like it’s a pretty terrible photo to judge off of.
    Then at 22 weeks, I had my anatomy scan done where I asked them to please confirm the gender and was told it was actually a boy and received this photo.

I just got back from another scan today, I am now 24 weeks. I went in for a 3D ultrasound to get some cute shots of my little pistachios face and figured while I was there, they could check the gender for me once more. This is the photo I got.

The tech said that the cord kept getting in the way the whole time and was going back and forth from girl to boy, and then finally got this clear shot.
    As you can probably imagine, I am SO confused. This has been such a roller coaster. I am obviously excited no matter what, but I am trying to plan my baby shower and get things ready for when baby is here. In the beginning, I had already began buying girl clothes only to be told later it was a boy. Well now I’ve been adding boy stuff to my cart and registry (obviously hesitant to buy anything now) so I’m thinking I’m just going to stick with gender neutral stuff for the time being.

What do you guys think? I’m going to talk to my doctor next week but I’d love some opinions before then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by __cassidilla View Post
    Alright so I’ve had now three separate ultrasounds to confirm my baby’s gender and I’ve received different answers from everyone and it’s a bit confusing.
    My first one was at 20 weeks and the tech said it was a girl. I’m not sure how she even determined it was a girl considering the photo quality here.

I can’t even see the legs or anything in this photo so I feel like it’s a pretty terrible photo to judge off of.
    Then at 22 weeks, I had my anatomy scan done where I asked them to please confirm the gender and was told it was actually a boy and received this photo.

I just got back from another scan today, I am now 24 weeks. I went in for a 3D ultrasound to get some cute shots of my little pistachios face and figured while I was there, they could check the gender for me once more. This is the photo I got.

The tech said that the cord kept getting in the way the whole time and was going back and forth from girl to boy, and then finally got this clear shot.
    As you can probably imagine, I am SO confused. This has been such a roller coaster. I am obviously excited no matter what, but I am trying to plan my baby shower and get things ready for when baby is here. In the beginning, I had already began buying girl clothes only to be told later it was a boy. Well now I’ve been adding boy stuff to my cart and registry (obviously hesitant to buy anything now) so I’m thinking I’m just going to stick with gender neutral stuff for the time being.

What do you guys think? I’m going to talk to my doctor next week but I’d love some opinions before then!

How frustrating! The third shot definitely looks girl to me. I don't see how a nub could just disappear if it was a boy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yikes. The first shot is not a good one I feel. The second looks boy but besides the femur I can’t quite figure out what else I’m looking at and if it’s a potty shot. The 3rd is a potty shot for sure and appears to be girl parts.

I’m so sorry. This must be very frustrating.

Mommy to 6 little blessings.

Hoping to try for #7 in 2019
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

4. Likes __cassidilla liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighme View Post
    How frustrating! The third shot definitely looks girl to me. I don't see how a nub could just disappear if it was a boy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That’s why I’m confused too. But we saw a tiny looking nub thing at one point during the scan today, but then it disappeared and she took the photo I posted. And she was saying the cord kept getting in her way. It’s so confusing! Plus like you said, I’m not sure how a nub could be there and then not be there. Apparently baby is trying to keep us on our toes.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my opinion and again this is just my opinion that second picture looks like her arm and not a gender part to me at all.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017🤰due 2018, would love a to fit into our crazy bunch! Main thing is healthy though!
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

7. Thanks __cassidilla thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2apples View Post
    In my opinion and again this is just my opinion that second picture looks like her arm and not a gender part to me at all.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017��due 2018, would love a to fit into our crazy bunch! Main thing is healthy though!
    Agree, it’d be a tad weird looking penis! That last pic is very much girly !
    What gender were you hoping for ?
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

9. Likes Mommy2apples, __cassidilla liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m going with girl. The first pic is completely useless for anything. LOL. The second pic does not at all look like a penis. The third pic is very girly.
    DH (43), DW (40)

11. Likes __cassidilla liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s a girl! No doubt from the last shot. The two other pic are not good for gender ID

13. Thanks __cassidilla thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Agree, it’d be a tad weird looking penis! That last pic is very much girly !
    What gender were you hoping for ?
    I agree, it looks kind of funny to me but the tech was so confident it was a boy, although i wasn’t convinced; I’m still not convinced. We were hoping for a girl though!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the 3rd shot I am saying girl.

That second shot does not look like a peener to me. Looks like a body part. There is something not right about that second shot. It's too big and too curved and looks too much like what we grownups think boy parts look like and no so much what they actually look like on an ultrasound. Was it a tech that did the second shot or an OB? We have had really, really bad results with OB's doing ultrasounds, they often get gender incorrect.

The techs see a lot in the scan. That you didn't get a good pic with the first pic doesn't mean the tech didn't see tons of stuff indicating girl, it just means that the only pic you have to show us isn't great.

The only complicating factor with the 3rd is that the cord kept getting in the way. But it really does look girly to me.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks __cassidilla thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast