Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Skull Shape Theory for Early Gender Determination

In adults skulls there is a noticable difference in skull shape, which can determine gender in 92% of skulls found from skeleton remains. Using these differences it is sometimes possible to have a guess at what babies gender may be, combinig this with a good nub shot can often lead to good results

I've found that in about 80% of the u/s pictures I've seen posted over the years the skull could go either way, usually because baby was just looking slightly one way or anohter so throwing the pic out, but every now and then you get a perfect angled picture which heavily leans one way or the other. For me, if I see a skull with a deep slope from the eyebrows to the fore head, in a straight line, then this is what I call a lovely 'caveman brow' and is a strong indicator of a boy! The pic below, pic 1, shows the adult skull, a noticable difference in ski slope brow on the male!

So when looking for a boy, I look for the caveman brow if its super obvious or sometimes even if the forehead just looks very flat from eyebrow to forehead.

When I look for a girls skull I look to see how rounded in general it is, so a nice obvious semi circle from eyebrows to forehead, or even slightly more pointed at the fore head.

I've attached a pic, of Coulditbemyturns 12 week, confirmed!, nt scan (thank you Couldit xx) Now this to me is a lovely example of what I would look for in a girls skull, a nice semi circle from eyebrow to forehead

I've also attached a pic, of my confirmed boy pic, not the clearest of caveman brows, more flat, but you can see that the main height is nearer eyebrow than forehead, causing a flat slope back to the top of the head Plus Rainbowflowers (thankyou Rainbow) Ds's nt pic which shows a more flatter forehead but which again would have made me think boy from the lack of any girly curve

I'll add more good examples when they turn up ok

But!! Other ladies guess in different ways and have had great success, some I believe take into account the shape at the back of babies head even! Would the main curve on the back of babys skull be higher on a girl maybe??? Sometimes if ladies post a full face skull shot with eye sockets showing then I'll also try and see how wide babies chin is, as boys may be showing a wide chin and girls a little pointy chin

At the end of the day, skull guessing is just for fun really, as if it was as accurate on fetuses as it can be on adults then the medical profession would have been using it long ago Have fun!!!

I know there are some good skull guessers on the site, so if anyone else wants to post what they look for then please go ahead!! these are just descriptions of what I look for

EDIT: Just a quick add on, I imagine a marker point at he eye brow and another at the start of the hairline and look for the shape between these two points itms, I'll add some colour points to the pics when I have a little more time
    Name:  skull1.jpg
Views: 128974
Size:  29.7 KB

GIRL'S
    Name:  girly head.jpg
Views: 194204
Size:  22.2 KB

BOY'S
    Name:  1_22.jpg
Views: 274971
Size:  45.8 KB
    Name:  jellybean_12wk_censored.JPG
Views: 138475
Size:  45.2 KB

2. Thanks curlysue, Marita87 thanked for this post
    Likes iwonder liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ELP- Could you post an example confirmed girl pic and a confirmed boy pic, please?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    ELP- Could you post an example confirmed girl pic and a confirmed boy pic, please?
    Definately As soon as I can track down some good examples and get owners permission I'll adjust the opening post here aswell to give a brief description of what I look for Others look for different traits and have been even more succesful with their guessing, but I'll list what stands out for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just added some initial pictures, hope this helps someone

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the top scan pic a girl and the bottom one a boy?
    8 4 3

3x mc's

PDG Aug 2010 - Transferred 2x Blast - BFP @ 6DP5DT - m/c at 7 wks 4 days

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Top is a girl and bottom is a boy

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

skull theory

here are two photos-the first one i know the gender so what do you guys think about gender of that one based on skull theory?

taking a poll!

also, the second one is a different baby-what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    top boy bottom girl
    UK Mummy to 4 beautiful boys, need to stop dreaming of a princess
    DS1 05
    9wks 5 days
    DS2 08
    DS3 10
    DS4 12
    Swayed for but failed twice
    GD SUCKS

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wrong! top is girl-bottom is unknown! (as of now!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieispy View Post
    top boy bottom girl
    LOL!! I was gonna guess exactly the same I hope we get the girl part right!!

But these show perfectly what I say in the opening post, in at least 80% of pictures the skull could go either way Purely for fun

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast