Well I've been "swaying" for almost a year now (since I was about 4/5 months pregnant with my daughter!) for a boy, just to get my lifestyle super changed. Despite not TTC yet, we got unexpectedly pregnant (despite precautions) at 3/4 months postpartum, but I lost that pregnancy around 7 weeks.

Now, with another cycle since that loss under our belts, we thought, "Well, maybe we'll not actively prevent, but see if things are meant to happen." Boom: chemical -- tested when I was a day late and felt symptoms (especially since my period is very regular, even postpartum) and got strong positives. Heavy bleeding started literally a day later, I kept getting positives and researched everything -- wondered if it was vanishing twin syndrome, or even just a reaction to the sex my husband and I had just had. But today all my tests were super faint bfps

So it seems I can get pregnant by just looking at my husband, but keeping it is another story. My midwife said that early MCs can just happen, and she doesn't suspect it has to do with having had my daughter almost 7 months ago -- she insists I wouldn't be ovulating if it was my body "not being ready." The real concern? My thyroid levels dipped again My TSH is in the "hyperthyroid" zone while my T4 is solidly hypo. I guess the T4 being low could be enough to contribute to this, so my endo's getting back to me since

We weren't actively going to try, especially since I was definitely feeling the sting of atomic recommending not to try so soon and worried I wouldn't have support here if we did -- but it looks like, since BC is out of the picture for me now for a variety of reasons, we might just have to be a condom household... which will be a big bone of contention in our household :/ I had hoped that at least BDing unprotected on nonfertile times would keep things boy friendly down there, and used OPKs, monitored CM, my DH pulled out EARLY, etc. to help keep things in line -- nope.