Thread: Soy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Soy

Not ttc right now as little chick is full on lol
    I am now back to being veggie after about 7 years of eating chicken and fish and was wondering why soy is not good when ttc a boy??

Thanks
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also curious, especially since the most recent studies are saying the phytoestrogenic effects aren't as profound as once thought, and any effects are raising estrogen slightly only in females, which I thought was a theory here for blue swaying at some point (repeated evidence shows it has no effect on males, including very specifically sperm quality). This is a big topic in the weightlifting community so I'm always seeing some new study shared.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what's confusing me, I thought higher estrogen = boy too? DH isnt vegetarian but would have a veggie meal once a week, which is made with Quorn.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babybeaublue View Post
    That's what's confusing me, I thought higher estrogen = boy too? DH isnt vegetarian but would have a veggie meal once a week, which is made with Quorn.
    From my understanding,the high T/high E for a boy sway is a really tentative theory and not necessarily a strong rec.

I'm guessing since soy isoflavones seem borderline neutral that soy in general would be for the diets? But that HE emphasizes animal fats/proteins, so the ratios would need to be watched (especially since soy IS in a lot of American products now, often in sneaky ways)
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; March 31st, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason is because phytoestrogens are NOT the same as the estrogen your body makes and in fact may compete for the estrogen receptors, making your body not be able to use its own estrogen. Then it may detect this excess unused estrogen hanging around, and actually LOWER production of its own estrogen in favor of the phytoestrogen.

Blue swayers have ALWAYS been able to eat soy 2-3 times a week. That's never changed. I don't want people drinking soy protein shakes every day (cause you don't need em anyway) or taking soy supps (seriously saw tons of people get opposites on IG taking these) or drinking gobs of soy milk (that's just as much from the vegetable oils in that as anything else) But yes, you can have soy foods 2-3 times a week, no worries.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Also curious, especially since the most recent studies are saying the phytoestrogenic effects aren't as profound as once thought, and any effects are raising estrogen slightly only in females, which I thought was a theory here for blue swaying at some point (repeated evidence shows it has no effect on males, including very specifically sperm quality). This is a big topic in the weightlifting community so I'm always seeing some new study shared.
    But do you want to take the chance?

There are always studies going this way and that way and the other way that are all conflicting. That, we can't get around. So what I try to do is weigh these wildly conflicting studies with common sense and necessity.

Common sense: No one is getting boys or girls because of a soybean deficiency, since most people did not ever eat soybeans until fairly recently. It simply cannot be critical (unlike something like animal protein itself, which we've always been eating)

Necessity: Is it necessary? People don't NEED it, can live without it, even as vegetarians, have tofu or whatever 2-3 times a week, it's all good, but no one needs to drink globs of soy milk or have protein shakes to live a happy and full life. It's not necessary to life/wellbeing, we can work around it.

So because it can't be necessary for making boys, and it's not necessary for survival, and there's at least some data that indicates it could possibly sway pink, I think it's only sensible to err on the side of "dietary amounts only".

Hope this makes sense. Not saying anyone can't have it if they think it's key for them, just that that is what my thought process is.

7. Thanks Babybeaublue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I was getting confused as I know that some women (including my sister) have had estrogen led breast cancer and so avoid soy products.
    I drink matcha lattes a few times a week too is that OK?
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually eat no soy, too, from leeriness over the BC link and a strong family history of it. I was more curious from an academic sense!

Babybeau: Matcha is just a type of green tea, which is a blue sway thing. Unless you're drinking it with soy or almond milk instead of cream or whole milk, it would be a boy sway drink.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babybeaublue View Post
    Thanks. I was getting confused as I know that some women (including my sister) have had estrogen led breast cancer and so avoid soy products.
    I drink matcha lattes a few times a week too is that OK?
    Right, but there's some evidence that indicates that even phytoestrogens may cause the estrogen dependent cancer to grow, and then also some additional evidence that indicates phytoestrogens may muck up fertility. So it may mean that soy is both bad for estrogen sensitive cancers but also not good for making boys, either.