Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepink13 View Post
    My son is 2 next month and my husband and I were just talking about how amazing he is and how he really is the best thing that happened to us. We are both so happy he is who he is and are so happy he isn't a girl. Everyone that meets him says he is the sweetest happiest kid. He truly is the light of our lives.. I don't have an ounce of GD anymore and don't regret even a little that I didn't sway for a girl (I didn't know it was a thing).
    LOVE, love, love hearing stories like this! I know that in time I'll look back and wouldn't be able to picture it any other way, but for now it's hard. It makes me so happy to hear from people that felt the same way in the beginning. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!! Best of luck to you in your sway, and lots of pink dust!

2. Likes lovepink13 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by graysmama View Post
    I was super worried about the age gap. My son is 7 and my daughter is 1. He adores her and they play all the time now that she's a toddler and interested in playing. I always wanted one of each with a big brother and little sister but I had hope for a much smaller age gap but PCOS related secondary infertility and our financial situation got in the way. I was scared they wouldn't bond at all yet they have. They will cram in a chair together to watch cartoons. She follows him around. I have this American Girl doll table that I think was part of a furniture set for the Kirsten doll. My daughter will sit on it upside down while he pushes her. My son loves to read to her and he will sit and play with her little people doll house with her. It's a different bond I suppose then close together siblings would have but I love seeing them develop a relationship.

Sons don't necessarily abandon their families when they grow up. My dad was super close to his mom until she passed away and he's still close to his dad. My mom also loved his mom and she is close to one of my dad's sisters. We spend a lot of time with my husband's mom and she's just as an important part of our lives as my parents are. I have 3 younger brothers. They are all still close with my parents just as my sister and I are. One of my brothers is married and has twin boys and my mom adores them. She also has a good relationship with my sister in law.
    Every bit of this....THANK YOU!!! I think not growing up with brothers and then seeing my husbands relationship (or lack thereof) with his family has scared me. But hearing stories such as yours (opposite gender siblings with larger age gaps and strong son ties to parents) gives me so much hope that despite me not experiencing it, it is very much possible! Do you think that your experience with your dad/his mom and your brothers, it had to do with their personalities or how they were raised? I think I'll be extra sensitive to making sure that my girls always have a strong bond with their baby brother, and that he'll always feel tied to me and my husband even after he goes off on his own. Thats basically the part that scares me the most, if that makes sense.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindz View Post
    I know it’s hard to not get the family you want. You’re actually getting the dream family I wanted, two sisters close in age to be best friends and the last one a little boy to spoil and be the baby of the family. You’re lucky in that most of us here are dreaming of what a son or what a daughter will be like, and you get to experience both. Others are here dreaming of giving their daughter a sister, but you are lucky enough to have that as well. Your baby boy will find a place in the family. His special personality will shine through and you won’t regret having him once he’s here. You don’t need to know anything about boys. You don’t need to assume he will leave you when he’s older. My husband loves spending time with his parents, and I definitely make an effort to make sure we visit often so don’t assume a DIL won’t love you too. It’s ok to not be excited during your pregnancy. I wasn’t with my second boy, but I loved him the second I met him. My older son isn’t the stereotypical hyperactive toddler and my baby is the sweetest happiest little boy. This article might make you feel better. The author had two girls then a boy, and has a special relationship with him now. The Boy I Never Wanted – Scary Mommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Lindz....a few things. First of all, thank you for sharing that article. I literally started crying right when I saw the article title (geez I'm a hot mess lol). That was incredible to read and I also spent some time reading peoples comments that experienced that same bond, wow! Thank you for sharing that with me - it's always so comforting to hear from people that are in the same shoes. Although I was disappointed in hearing "boy", I'm more disappointed in myself for how I feel, especially after we tried so hard to get pregnant. I appreciate hearing from other moms that felt the same way, especially with being scared of the unknown.

Second, I just wanted to say that I feel awful posting about my disappointment and hard times accepting the situation when I know that many can't get pregnant, would be thrilled to be pregnant with a boy, had boy sways that failed, and others that would dream of a 2 girl/1 boy scenario. I *KNOW* that I'm beyond blessed to have my two girls and now to have this healthy little guy that will join our family. It's just different than what I had envisioned, it's not what I spent months and months swaying for, agonizing over details that probably didn't matter. I think I'm more mourning the 3 daughter vision that I had more so than the son that I will have. Does that make sense? I just wanted to say that because I can appreciate GD for those that don't have one of their desired genders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123