Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When do YOU count CD1

Any one here that has had spotting or pink / brown whatevers just before AF officially arrives. Do you start counting your day 1 from when the spotting etc starts or when the bleeding starts? I had two days of wiping pink blood and then the 3rd day was full blown period, which has gone on for 4 days. So im either on day 4 or day 6 if i include the pink prior!? Sigh!

I also started this pink wiping business on CD21 - which is kinda strange.. My cycles are usually 26 or 28.. not sure whats going on here..

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

3. Thanks squigglepink, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My RE told me bright red flow is CD1. I was also told that if you wake up to AF, just count that morning as CD1 even if it may have started during the night.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Thanks squigglepink, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In your case it was the 3rd day.

A rule of thumb I like to use is that you guys should look back at your other cycles and also when O was to help you understand this better. Some people always start with a day of spotting and it happens religiously every month after a 14 day LP. So since it always happens for them, and their LP was 14 days long, then that is evidently just how their flow seems to, well, flow LOL and they should count as CD 1. But another person, let's say they always start with a heavy day and then all of a sudden, they have slight spotting on 12, 13, and 14 DPO and then the heavy day comes. That is spotting at the end of the LP.

Are you doing the full fat dairy serving every day and 4-6 eggs a week?? If not, do.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a flip side, do you count those last days of spotting as part of the period? I know it's less of an important detail, but I wonder if the rule applies to both ends of a period.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its tricky to look back at my cycles, which have been all over the place since the miscarriage last year! Also the spotting before is not really something ive had in the past. (afterwards yes)

I dont ever know when i ovulate. I have the typical O pains but i dont know if that is before, during or after i ovulate so i just use the opk's for a positive and go from there.. (although doing E4d now)

Not doing the Full fat dairy and not that many eggs no, but something i can do.
    Im sure i read that eggs are not great if you have fibroids?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    As a flip side, do you count those last days of spotting as part of the period? I know it's less of an important detail, but I wonder if the rule applies to both ends of a period.
    Yes if it's spotting at the end of the period, that's part of the period (spotting within 48 hours, ish) It actually ~could~ be important if a person was having midcycle bleeding, and they had a long period so 7 days of bleeding and then midcycle bleeding starting on CD 10 and going thru CD 14...people can easily confuse period with midcycle spotting in that case. Luckily we don't have that as much on this site but it does plague some people. Good question.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    Its tricky to look back at my cycles, which have been all over the place since the miscarriage last year! Also the spotting before is not really something ive had in the past. (afterwards yes)

I dont ever know when i ovulate. I have the typical O pains but i dont know if that is before, during or after i ovulate so i just use the opk's for a positive and go from there.. (although doing E4d now)

Not doing the Full fat dairy and not that many eggs no, but something i can do.
    Im sure i read that eggs are not great if you have fibroids?
    In that case, then I'd assume that since the full flow started after 2 days of spotting then that was CD 1 and not the spotting. another handy rule is "if you think it's AF, then it probably is" meaning if it doesn't seem like AF (and wiping pink does not) and you then later get something that does seem like AF, consider that AF unless it is part of a normal pattern for you.

4-6 eggs a week is not going to make anyone's fibroids grow out of control. I think you're having the spotting because your estrogen is LOW so you can withstand that.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I do like eggs.

Re the spotting.. Im seeing someone this week actually. I cant take it anymore. It also occurs a few days after AF has finished.
    It has been like this since the hysteroscopy in April. I have AF, then AF stops then spotting starts and then stops and then starts and then round about positive OPK it stops. And then about 2 weeks later AF starts again and so the cycle continues. My doc said it could be my hormones / body adjusting but i mean how long? So i dont know if i need something to regulate my cycles..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you may be low in estrogen, in addition to the milk and eggs, let's add in a serving of salmon if you like it and red meat if you don't. Drop fiber and cut back exercise to 4 days a week if you were exercising.

Did they see anything in the hysteroscopy that could explain this, like fibroid or polyps or cervical erosion?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast