Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberRose View Post
    Also I was wondering if the PH of DH swimmers matters? Thanks!
    Probably not, and most of us have pH opposites to prove it (myself included.) The pH Pickle
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for getting back to me! Ok no baby aspirin! I have read so much information and its hard to know what to follow so thank you for your knowledge!

Sorry for not being clearer but yes my question is after the attempt when is it safe to have unprotected sex again?

Also I told you that I should ovulate on the 15th which is tomorrow but I don't think that will be the case. I think I will ovulate more likely on the 17th or 18th. This morning I got my first flashing smiley on a digital OPK and a really really light line on my cheap dip OPK. We have not DTD since the 10th... Should DH release on his own or With me with protection or should it be ok to wait a few more days then just have our one attempt on the positive OPK?

One attempt on positive OPK is making me really nervous. I feel like everything I have read says that you should BD 2-3 days before ovulation. Is there some info on this page about one attempt on positive OPK?

I read the information on the lime tampon and if I decide to do that do you leave it in the applicator when you put it in?? It says check your PH every 30 minutes then after 4 hours take the tampon out. My question is, do I put in a new lime tampon every 30 minutes or am I using the same one some how?

Is there anything else you can tell me without a custom plan to help me improve this attempt? Thank you for all the advice you have given me so far it has been truly appreciated!

I am trying to convince my husband on getting a custom plan but it has been a losing battle so far. At this point he just wants us to have a baby and doesn't care what it is since this is month 3 with no luck. I know that that's not that long but for us it seems like forever since all our others were conceived pretty easily. We have three boys and I really want to do all I can to say I tried to sway and if its another boy then we have another boy but I want to at least try.

Thanks for everything!
    Last edited by EmberRose; August 14th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AT least 4 days after the attempt and please always keep in the back of your mind it is possible for your body to gear up to ovulate and then not ovulate, so you may still be fertile.

Whichever option you prefer. if you want an abstain, he'd not release, if you don't care about abstain (it hasn't worked and does cut odds of conception) have him release one time now (on his own or with you with a condom) to "clean the pipes" so there's a nice fresh batch to greet the egg.

I know everyone loves their timing but most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites. The full case against timing is here: The TROUBLE with timing! You are more than welcome to aim at a 2-3 day cutoff if you prefer, I understand it's a lot easier to give up on timing after you've gotten boys, plural with it as I and many others have LOL. The important thing (and I can't stress this enough) is that you have one attempt. Don't BD 2-3 times 2-3 days before O!! 2 and especially 3 attempts has swayed strongly blue, so have that attempt when you want but only one. I know it's hard when you've been trying a while to keep that one attempt, but I really, really, really, really want to urge you to ditch things like lime tampons before you add attempts, because the one attempt has been an unexpected but key discovery that has really helped improve success rates.

You leave it in the applicator as you make it but then you insert it like a normal tampon. You test the pH without ever removing the tampon, if I recall (it has been ages since anyone did lime tampon). If you do prefer to take it out, I think you'd need to make a new one because I can't imagine it would cooperate about going back in.

My main concern is that lime tampon cuts odds of conception hugely and so I honestly hate to see anyone use it, especially if you've been trying more than 1-2 months and your hubs is getting impatient. I do understand that feeling of wanting to leave no stone unturned; the trouble is that these kind of "kitchen sink" type sways (doing everything but the kitchen sink LOL) can actually harm your sway because it makes you very "control-freaky" and having to manage all these details all the time, and something about that sways blue. So personally, my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth, is to skip the lime tampon and stick with the timing + one attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you once again Atomic! Having someone to ask question is seriously the only thing keeping me sane right now lol! I am trying to dial back a bit and not stress so much but its hard. Lots of hot baths anf relaxing music ��

I will stick with the one attempt at positive OPK with no lime tampon and hope for the best. Our youngest is 10 month so I feel like if I can get pregnant in the next 8 months that would be great but the hubs wants it to be sooner.

What do you mean by my body could gear up to ovulate but not but still be fertile? Could I not get a positive OPK and still get pregnant?

Is it better to have fresh swimmers or just keep with the abstain? Are you saying abstain decreases the odd of conception if so how?

After we DTD my plan is to wait 5-10 mins then jump and dump(this just means stand up and use the bathroom right?). Is it better to do it sooner rather than later? 5 vs 10?

Also I have not had any ovulation cramps yet and it is making me nervous... is there a reason I might not be getting the cramps this month? Also my CM has been almost non existent. Very creamy and kind of chunky... sorry if thats TMI! My OPK line was really light this morning but a tiny bit darker than yesterdays.. I first thought that I would ovulate today but I feel like I'm not even close.. any thoughts? Thanks!

Oh and I have been drinking Crystal light lemonade is that ok?

Ok I am really confused... I'm not sure why I haven't ovulated yet. Yesterday I had some cramps on my right side as well as my lower back. I had a stretchy clump of CM discharge last night but this morning my OPK test was lighter than yesterdays? I haven't had a temp drop yet though... Could I just be off and it might come in the next day or two? IDK what to do... Every part of me is screaming to just BD so I don't miss this window but I really want to wait till positive OPK. Also when is the best time to do a OPK? a.m. p.m.? and if I ever do get a positive OPK is it ok to wait till the evening or do we need to DTD as soon as I see a positive OPK?
    Last edited by EmberRose; August 17th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes your body starts to ovulate and will even have the surge (and you can detect this on OPK) and then somewhere along the way, for whatever reason (diet, stress, sickness, etc) it kind of decides "nah, not yet" so you think you have ovulated but you didn't. And the opposite is also true - you can not get a positive OPK simply because it never reaches the proper concentration in your urine (but it has in your blood!! which is what triggers ovulation, not urine) and so you don't detect the surge, but it has happened and your body releases an egg which can be fertilized.

Better in terms of what??? Swaying, or conception?

Abstain suppresses sperm production and some of the sperm in waiting will die or become weak/unhealthy over the course of time so it cuts odds of conception in two ways both of which cut back on sperm count.

Yes that's fine, I prefer J and D after at least 5 minutes as immediate J and D has really cut odds of conception to nothing.

People's cycles change when swaying. People stop having symptoms they've always had and start having symptoms that are totally new to them. It is possible (even likely) that your ovulation is still a few days out, having maybe been delayed.

I don't think Crystal Light does anything but if you want to use it, totally up to you. I prefer you guys stick to the "approved by FDA for pregnancy" intake of 2-3 12-/16 oz servings a day and no more than that.

When deciding when to attempt, an early attempt has a shot but a late attempt doesn't. So I'd have an attempt now, it will cover you for at least 2 days, and then on the 4th day, have another attempt. If you're on the 3rd day and you get a positive OPK and you can't decide whether to attempt or not, flip a coin and do what the coin says.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sometimes your body starts to ovulate and will even have the surge (and you can detect this on OPK) and then somewhere along the way, for whatever reason (diet, stress, sickness, etc) it kind of decides "nah, not yet" so you think you have ovulated but you didn't. And the opposite is also true - you can not get a positive OPK simply because it never reaches the proper concentration in your urine (but it has in your blood!! which is what triggers ovulation, not urine) and so you don't detect the surge, but it has happened and your body releases an egg which can be fertilized.

Better in terms of what??? Swaying, or conception?

Abstain suppresses sperm production and some of the sperm in waiting will die or become weak/unhealthy over the course of time so it cuts odds of conception in two ways both of which cut back on sperm count.

Yes that's fine, I prefer J and D after at least 5 minutes as immediate J and D has really cut odds of conception to nothing.

People's cycles change when swaying. People stop having symptoms they've always had and start having symptoms that are totally new to them. It is possible (even likely) that your ovulation is still a few days out, having maybe been delayed.

I don't think Crystal Light does anything but if you want to use it, totally up to you. I prefer you guys stick to the "approved by FDA for pregnancy" intake of 2-3 12-/16 oz servings a day and no more than that.

When deciding when to attempt, an early attempt has a shot but a late attempt doesn't. So I'd have an attempt now, it will cover you for at least 2 days, and then on the 4th day, have another attempt. If you're on the 3rd day and you get a positive OPK and you can't decide whether to attempt or not, flip a coin and do what the coin says.
    Thank you Atomic!

Ok so DH had a release on the 15th I started cramping on the 16th and we BD on the evening of the 17th. I woke up this morning to a darker OPK but still not a positive. Now I'm worried we DTD to soon! I had flashing smileys from the 14th - 17th and this morning it was a solid smiley (using the digital clearblue OPK).. was our one attempt to soon? I also J and D after about ten mins. I'm worried that because DH had a release on the 15th that the sperm count might have been low on the 17th... I have a feeling that in the morning I will wake up to a positive OPK if thats the case is O day tomorrow or the next day? If it's the next day than that means we BD on the 17th and O day is the 20th... is that to far out?

This is random and probably TMI but can you get constipated around O time?

If my OPK is positive tomorrow should we BD again? I feel like that would be way to close together..

Any thoughts would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberRose View Post
    Thank you Atomic!

Ok so DH had a release on the 15th I started cramping on the 16th and we BD on the evening of the 17th. I woke up this morning to a darker OPK but still not a positive. Now I'm worried we DTD to soon! I had flashing smileys from the 14th - 17th and this morning it was a solid smiley (using the digital clearblue OPK).. was our one attempt to soon? I also J and D after about ten mins. I'm worried that because DH had a release on the 15th that the sperm count might have been low on the 17th... I have a feeling that in the morning I will wake up to a positive OPK if thats the case is O day tomorrow or the next day? If it's the next day than that means we BD on the 17th and O day is the 20th... is that to far out?

This is random and probably TMI but can you get constipated around O time?

If my OPK is positive tomorrow should we BD again? I feel like that would be way to close together..

Any thoughts would be great!

This is from this morning. Is this a positive?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From 15th to 17th is plenty of time for sperm to recover.

You will O an average of 24-36 hours after first positive, I can't pin it down any closer than that.

Let's just go ahead and attempt again on the 20th. that way, you're covered (even though I think you will have Oed by then if you haven't already!)

Test pic does not look positive but it may have been that the Clearblue was correct, and these ones just aren't detecting the surge. OPK can suck sometimes.

Yes totally normal to be constipated around O.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    From 15th to 17th is plenty of time for sperm to recover.

You will O an average of 24-36 hours after first positive, I can't pin it down any closer than that.

Let's just go ahead and attempt again on the 20th. that way, you're covered (even though I think you will have Oed by then if you haven't already!)

Test pic does not look positive but it may have been that the Clearblue was correct, and these ones just aren't detecting the surge. OPK can suck sometimes.

Yes totally normal to be constipated around O.
    Thank you! We had another attempt on the 20th now it's the waiting game!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=EmberRose;935473]Thank you! We had another attempt on the 20th now it's the waiting game!

Is there anything that I should or shouldn't do during the 2ww?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast