Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Thank you everyone -- and XX, I forgot you did acupuncture and yoga! I'm going to do both for sure (I already do the latter!). I've been drinking black tea but might try weaning down to green tea. I always get a weird soapy taste from green tea thougj, almost like I do for cilantro!

And you're all right it's an odds game; I'm just shook from how I was getting pregnant against all odds FOUR times in a row! Then conditions are perfect and I don't get pregnant! Gah!
    Hang in there sweetie! I know it will happen for you!

The best green tea by far and away is the Organic Darjeeling Green Tea by the Stash Tea Co.! Oh, it's great! I love it straight, but my DH liked a bit of raw honey in his! Oh, and loose is best but the bags are fine too. I just like to control my caffeine, haha!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther, gwynn18 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drank black tea in the morning with my DS2 and had the green tea I mentioned above in the afternoons! I'm looking forward to being able to drink it again after being off it for 3.5yrs!!!! Gah!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

i conceived DD1 1 attempt in 1 month NOT trying, DD2 took 4 months of not trying not preventing and then 3 months of actually trying for 7 months total to conceive..DD3 i was so frantic to get pregnant with and she took 7 months + clomid (which was the 8th month really)...i found my annovulatory cycles to be particularly brutal about making me THINK i was pregnant when i really wasnt..your body wants to ovulate and if something interrupts that it makes it really pissed off. If i had to guess i think the short surge is suggesting that yes this cycle you didnt actually ovulate and it could have been stress related or it could just be your body still adjusting to normal thyroid levels..

i think the only reason i was able to conceive dd4 (first egg after weaning *completely*) so fast is because i was so convinced it wasnt going to happen without clomid that i wasnt obsessing over getting pregnant like i had been with DD3..the first cycle when i started to wean DD3 (june)was weird to me too and i was worried i was going to repeat the same shit another pregnancy but i didnt pop an egg until i had completely weaned DD3 (july).. i am convinced i am the type of woman who was not going to get pregnant while breastfeeding, my body just refused. Maybe before you could get pregnant while breastfeeding BECAUSE your thyroid levels were off...if that makes sense? maybe now that they are on track your body is not wanting you to get pregnant while you are still breastfeeding
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP – I had not seen this – considering the pattern of your falling pregnant when not trying, I can understand you must have been so at loss and disappointed when you didn’t fall when actually trying. And not having control when you think you do (oh the boy mum traits, eh? )
    Luck is definitely one of the biggest factors, maybe your thyroid being back where it should be also changed the “fertility landscape” somewhat, which doesn’t mean you won’t pregnant next try – and all go well. Maybe you were so hyped about actually trying after waiting for so long to be “allowed” to, and being SURE you would fall pregnant first go that you maybe were too into it and put too much pressure on yourself?
    Giving yourself the best odds next month whilst letting go when and where you can might help – it will definitely happen, you are a super super uber fertile couple, so it’s just a matter of when -
    Oh and the increased nursing might definitely have had an impact – as prolactin is an ovulation inhibitor – so if you go back to your regular nursing pattern you might be good to go
    FX for a BFP asap hon ^^
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post

Maybe before you could get pregnant while breastfeeding BECAUSE your thyroid levels were off...if that makes sense? maybe now that they are on track your body is not wanting you to get pregnant while you are still breastfeeding
    I <3 you and appreciate the comment, but that's not a thing at all. Especially since my levels were hypo, not hyper. And I want to reiterate -- I wasn't just symptomatic, I had some VERY faint bfps too. I think I might have gotten the egg but it was an implantation issue? My LP was 11/12 days (period started on 12 days), but I strongly suspect my LP was like this before DD too.

@LMSM: Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate it. I was actually NOT stressed at all -- I felt pretty relaxed, which made me worry it'd sway pink even, because I was so sure this would be it. And I was a hooooot mess before DD haha, so any stress now pales in comparison to that. I did conceive twice while DD was EBF, no solids, but clearly both were losses, so I'm wondering if implantation is more the issue here. The increase in breastfeeding during DD's ear infection was after O, not before, too!

Focusing on everything possible I can to up fertility this month to be safe. DD'd back to nursing only 2x a day. DH asked if we could have more sex to see if that could help... but I don't think I could handle 10 attempts at O lol
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; August 15th, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

10. Likes MiaMelb, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like at least you've ruled out some things so you can focus on what definitely helps fertility and co.
    In any case, too much sex can sway pink too, so 10 attempts wouldn't be recommended (sorry to your dh lol)
    At the end of the day, take comfort in that you do fall pregnant easily an de though it may not have taken this cycle, noti g says it won't this next one...it's such a luck of the draw, even if all the stars align perfectly, so to speak.
    fX!!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I"m so sorry I keep seeing this go by right when I'm juggling 10 other things.

I know it's really hard when it has happened easily in the past but some months just aren't THE month. Honestly, it's such a miraculous thing that happens that the miracle is not that it doesn't work out when it doesn't, but that it does as often as it does (not even sure that makes sense LOL)

Let's not worry about your sway. Let's look at this as God/the universe's way of making sure you didn't fall pregnant in a month that wasn't right for some reason that only they know. For all we know, this means you will only have a BETTER sway the next time through.

When was the early surge in relation to when AF arrived???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes maximbella liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you EnglishDame!

I'm sort of spinning and figuring out everything I can do. I know objectively it's only a 20% shot, but it looked like I didn't have to worry about those odds myself! I'm trying not to feel defeated by this and thinking about the things that are opened in this next month of TTC (2 or 3 times I can let myself have one beer; more time to lift weights 2 weeks from now; found out DH was adding flax to his cereal so I CUT THAT OUT, DD will be 15 months which will please atomic more than her being 14 months haha).

I'm just concerned it's something wrong with me still. Wr had some awesome things I thought would work well for this last month (DH had some high ass T, I can tell you that) but after ovulation my DD got an ear infection so I went from nursing her 3x a day to like 5 or 6x again, so maybe the egg DID fertilize but my body thought shit was going down?

I'm weaning her down to 2x a day so hopefully that can only help too?

I can't stop thinking >_<
    I guarantee you though - I have had that happen while nursing. My kids were perpetually doing stuff like that, I'd think I had them mostly off boob and then something would happen and I'd be like Gandalf getting sucked back down by the Balrog and I'd be nursing 200 times a day again. And I did get preggo that way. The month I got pregnant with my 5th child, my 4th had been so sick he was in the hospital and I nursed him constantly for about a week straight but I still got pregnant that month!

15. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a bump -- does acupuncture sway blue? I have access to legit, cheap acupuncture and am considering doing it just to be safe/make me feel like I'm doing something. The only info I could find on here is mostly in HT posts, and in one failed blue sway

Also I had weaned off wheatgrass supps maybe 2-3 months ago -- could that have affected anything?
    I want you to stay off the wheatgrass supps. I'm pretty convinced that they're making opposites for us.

I have had a LOT of pink swayers do acupuncture and get blue opposites. A whole lot. I do think that it sways blue, and I don't necessarily believe in it per se, but the idea that you have a quiet moment where someone else is doing something for you - I think that may send some signal to your body even if it's all a bunch of hooey. And if it isn't a bunch of hooey, then even better because it will boost your fertility in addition.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Yes to acupuncture!!! I believe that was a contributing factor with my DS3. Also Yoga and constantly meddling with my sway! Poor Atomic! She's a saint for dealing with me back then!

I cannot say anything about wheatgrass, but green tea was a big factor with my DS1 and DS2.

🤞🏻

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Aww, no you were no trouble at all and you have helped me sooo much over the years you have paid me back 10000 times over.

18. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast