Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and that is entirely what I consider regular periods and probably ovulating.

The month you had EWCM on CD 14 and then didn't get AF till CD 37 you geared up to ovulate and then your body decided to hold off for a bit, and then would have Oed some time after that. LP are rarely long unless you could possilby have had an early miscarriage that month??? But ovulation is delayed all the time, that's really quite common.

I wouldn't use CM for pinpointing O for exactly that reason - too unpredictable. I'd consider having regular sex every 4-5 days instead, you'll always be in with a viable attempt regardless of when you ovulate.

Have we discussed using OPK strips yet?? If not, you may want to look into them as they'll give you a heads up when you have the hormone surge that heralds ovulation within 24-48 hours.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    and that is entirely what I consider regular periods and probably ovulating.

The month you had EWCM on CD 14 and then didn't get AF till CD 37 you geared up to ovulate and then your body decided to hold off for a bit, and then would have Oed some time after that. LP are rarely long unless you could possilby have had an early miscarriage that month??? But ovulation is delayed all the time, that's really quite common.

I wouldn't use CM for pinpointing O for exactly that reason - too unpredictable. I'd consider having regular sex every 4-5 days instead, you'll always be in with a viable attempt regardless of when you ovulate.

Have we discussed using OPK strips yet?? If not, you may want to look into them as they'll give you a heads up when you have the hormone surge that heralds ovulation within 24-48 hours.

Thanks, atomic! No, but I tried using them earlier this month and they got dark, but not dark enough to be considered positive. Yesterday, I actually saw some EWCM in the late evening, so hubby and I attempted again right before he leaves for work on a business trip (around midnight). This morning, I woke up swimming in EWCM. I took an OPK now and it's darker, almost positive (like before), but not yet positive. Perhaps this is another ovulation attempt?
    Edit, 09/20/17 - Hubby and I were actually able to do another attempt last night around midnight, so I'm hoping I ovulate today. No temp rise, but still lots of EWCM.
    Last edited by angelmamma; September 20th, 2017 at 09:51 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update.
    Positive OPK yesterday, lots of small cramps on my right side. Today, I got a temp rise! However, I also started cramping on my right side again and a patch of EWCM for a couple hours then dried up again. Would it still mean I ovulated yesterday? What could be the reason I'm having O cramps and a random patch of fertile mucus today as well? Tuesday around midnight was when I saw EWCM make its debut.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have O pains and EWCM for a day or two after ovulation. The O pains are caused by several different things that can last for days after O (cramping in fallopian tubes, fluid released from corpus luteum upon ovulation, soreness from CL, etc) and EWCM happens because of the surge of hormones, not ovulation. So sometimes when it takes a little longer ofr your body to clear the surge hormones you can continue having EWCM even post-O.

I can't say from here if you Oed or not, it's likely but not guaranteed. Glad you had an attempt! Good luck and pink dust headed your way.

5. Thanks angelmamma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have O pains and EWCM for a day or two after ovulation. The O pains are caused by several different things that can last for days after O (cramping in fallopian tubes, fluid released from corpus luteum upon ovulation, soreness from CL, etc) and EWCM happens because of the surge of hormones, not ovulation. So sometimes when it takes a little longer ofr your body to clear the surge hormones you can continue having EWCM even post-O.

I can't say from here if you Oed or not, it's likely but not guaranteed. Glad you had an attempt! Good luck and pink dust headed your way.
    Hey atomic,

Quite disappointed. Yesterday I was 5dpo, my BBT rose quite beautifully. I started spotting lightly yesterday, then woke up today with AF (moderate to heavy, bright red bleeding that soaked through my pad). This was my first cycle I was on Vitex (CD 1-CD12), though I didn't ovulate until CD 26. My luteal phase was only 4-5 days! Took my temperature today and my BBT actually rose another point! What can I do to lengthen my luteal phase? I read everyone was taking Vitamin B complex, should I start taking that? If so, when should I start and would it effect my son who is nursing? I have also been hearing that women are using progesterone cream from the store, any thoughts on that as well. Vitex decreased my supply. I noticed this is my shortest cycle for a few months (30-31days). Perhaps it's the Vitex or just coincidence?
    Last edited by angelmamma; September 26th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's the vitex, yes. But it may not be AF, it may be just midcycle spotting (esp. since your temp is still up). I would ditch the vitex in upcoming months, eat a serving of full fat dairy every day and 4-6 eggs a week and things should fix themselves over time.

How sure are you about when you ovulated??

Please don't take B complex. I have found that works in 3 months and then people's cycles fix themselves in 12 weeks anyway (meaning it's not really doing anything) Plus, it really, really messes up people's cycles and so people often end up with delayed O AND a short LP.

Progesterone cream from the store is meant for women in menopause. It is NOT strong enough to sustain a pregnancy (regardless of anything else people say online it is much weaker and DOES NOT WORK for pregnancy), it can really mess up your cycle, and if you need progesterone support you need to get the kind that comes from your doctor. (and even that kind probably is only a placebo!)

In short, I think we need to make the changes I talked about and then wait and see. Do not be surprised if you get a proper AF in a week or so but equally, don't be surprised if this IS AF. It may be that you ovulated sooner than you realized or it may be that the vitex just messed things up so we'll operate under the assumption that any of these things could be true and make adjustments accordingly.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's the vitex, yes. But it may not be AF, it may be just midcycle spotting (esp. since your temp is still up). I would ditch the vitex in upcoming months, eat a serving of full fat dairy every day and 4-6 eggs a week and things should fix themselves over time.

How sure are you about when you ovulated??

Please don't take B complex. I have found that works in 3 months and then people's cycles fix themselves in 12 weeks anyway (meaning it's not really doing anything) Plus, it really, really messes up people's cycles and so people often end up with delayed O AND a short LP.

Progesterone cream from the store is meant for women in menopause. It is NOT strong enough to sustain a pregnancy (regardless of anything else people say online it is much weaker and DOES NOT WORK for pregnancy), it can really mess up your cycle, and if you need progesterone support you need to get the kind that comes from your doctor. (and even that kind probably is only a placebo!)

In short, I think we need to make the changes I talked about and then wait and see. Do not be surprised if you get a proper AF in a week or so but equally, don't be surprised if this IS AF. It may be that you ovulated sooner than you realized or it may be that the vitex just messed things up so we'll operate under the assumption that any of these things could be true and make adjustments accordingly.
    AugustFF.jpg

Hi atomic, attached is my temp chart and I do believe I ovulated sometime between the 18th and the 20th of September. Okay, I have cancelled my order for the B6 supplement. I am worried it is AF as now my flow is a little heavier today. My temp never dropped today, it's still higher. I spent all night googling "implantation bleeding" since I definitely had it with my son (but it only lasted for a couple hours), but this flow is a bit heavier and still happening today. Even though it is heavier its definitely light. It's almost the end of the day and I've only had to change my pad once (though bright red bleeding) Would the 12 days of Vitex I took this cycle mess up my next cycle as well?
    Update: Still bleeding today (09/27/17), but my temp is still hasn't dropped at all.
    Last edited by angelmamma; September 27th, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you taking anything else?? Even something that seems really benign like pineapple core?

It does sound heavy to be implantation bleeding. But other things can happen too, like two eggs implanted and only one took, or the baby is implanting on the cervix area which can cause more bleeding, or you have an injury on your cervix that's bleeding, or there's a hemorrhage where the baby tried to implant. These things can cause bleeding, even heavy bleeding, but you can still come out of it with a baby at the end (and this has happened to me personally, so not some dusty friend of a friend story)

Vitex is weird in that it can seem to make trouble even after you stop taking it. I just can't predict, I'm sorry.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you taking anything else?? Even something that seems really benign like pineapple core?

It does sound heavy to be implantation bleeding. But other things can happen too, like two eggs implanted and only one took, or the baby is implanting on the cervix area which can cause more bleeding, or you have an injury on your cervix that's bleeding, or there's a hemorrhage where the baby tried to implant. These things can cause bleeding, even heavy bleeding, but you can still come out of it with a baby at the end (and this has happened to me personally, so not some dusty friend of a friend story)

Vitex is weird in that it can seem to make trouble even after you stop taking it. I just can't predict, I'm sorry.
    No, no other supplements or medications at all. The only thing I took was Vitex for the first 12 days, that's it. Would you suggest I take a test in a few days if my temp is up? So you were bleeding after O and ended up with a sticky baby? Did you continue bleeding? I'm still bleeding today (my temp actually rose), but it's light though a dark red color. I haven't needed to change my pad yet today, but it is a little heavier than spotting. If say two eggs were fertilized and only one took, I'd still shed some lining along with the egg that didn't take? How would that work?

Update (09/28/17): Temp is still up. Yesterday before dinner, the bleeding abruptly stopped which would mean AF was only 1 1/2 days, not even 2 days? The shortest period I've ever had is 4 days (usually 6-8 days). I got overzealous and took a test (bfn), but was okay with that since I would only be 8dpo.
    Last edited by angelmamma; September 28th, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes yes if temp stays up you need to test.

Yes I bled fairly heavily for 5 days straight, which is a long and heavy period to me. I didn't even realize I was pregnant (cause who bothers testing when they have AF, amirite??) but then when I went to my first ultrasound there was a full grown baby on the screen instead of a fish and I was like "wow that thing is amazingly well developed" and then the tech was like "I think you got pregnant a little sooner than you thought." About 2 weeks before I got that heavy bleeding, as a matter of fact. And then it turned out I had 2 placentas, one (the babyless one) was unfortunately right on my cervix and it became pretty obvious what had happened at that point.

Yes, you can shed lining while pregnant (even if there isn't a loss involved) it's called "decidual bleeding" and there is a nice writeup here Early Pregnancy Bleeding But it's not only that, it can also be from a subchorionic hemmorrhage, placenta previa, losing a twin, or even completely unrelated from the cervix area and not even be in any way jeopardizing a pregnancy.

So, what I want you to be on the lookout for is the possibility that it actually IS AF and you'll then ovulate within 10-14 days, OR that you have not even ovulated still. Sometimes people will have a rise, and then another rise, and then only after that will they O. So for all we know, this is midcycle spotting, O is yet to come, and there will be another rise after this. I just don't want to assume anythign at this point that will lead to us missing an opportunity.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast