Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I wean DD? :(

So after a chemical today, I spent a manic day researching and recalibrating --

My LP is still only 10/11 days, and I have at least one hormonal migraine a month. Both indicate low progesterone, which can be caused by nursing.

DD is 15 months and only nursing once in the morning and once before bed. Would dropping one of those be enough to make a difference? My LP was 9ish days until she stopped night nursing.

Or should I just wean completely? I'd always imagined nursing through pregnancy to tandem, or at least nursing until she seemed less interested (she's getting there mich faster than I was hoping!)

I know it would only help my blue sway, but I'm worried dropping weight from nursing (which I expect will happen) would also throw things??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No idea honey.... just wishing you the best of luck and hope you get your rainbow soon xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; April 13th, 2021 at 12:09 PM.

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no telling if it would help or not. I nursed DS1 while pregnant with DS2. While nursing DS2 we were TTC our third and I had 2 chemical pregnancies. I stopped nursing (because he was done, not for TTC purposes) and I had another chemical pregnancy so clearly it wasn't the issue for me. Breastfeeding and pregnancy are generally safe together. I think it just boils down to whether or not you're ready to wean yet.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen sooo many people wean their baby only to continue having issues, and people who refused to wean and the issues went away on their own, that I never advise weaning unless YOU want to.

Think of it this way - worst case scenario (and I do not in any way, shape or form think this is going to happen to you, but it HAS happened to people) you wean. And the problems continue. Then heaven forbid, what if you never have another child (again, in no way do I think this is even the remotest concern, but it has happened). You are going to miss out on the experience you want to have with your daughter and it may not come again. (this goes double for weaning for the sake of a sway!!) I think it is best to live in the moment, take it day by day and even IF the nursing is having some effect, it WILL go away over time. Remember, the older your baby gets the more and more "happy" your body will be about taking the chance on conceiving again.

And just to clarify about hormonal migraines (which I get too, boy howdy do I ever) it is really not so much "low progesterone". I know they make it sound that way, but it isn't. It is the sudden drop in progesterone that can happen at some points of the cycle OR a sudden huge rise in estrogen without any prog. So this is why it happens before AF comes and this is why it happens before O happens. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to treat it (and in fact, the ones you get before O, I just cringe when I see people smearing themselves with prog cream for those because prog cream at that point of the cycle can delay or even stop O and even cause ovarian cysts to form). I get 2-3 migraines a month, before O, before AF - and I have NEVER in my life had a short LP. Never. And I was able to get pregnant while nursing wayyyyy more than you are, 2 times. I mention that not to say "this means our bodies are the same in every way" because obviously this is not true, but I just don't want you reading too much into a headache when it really doesn't mean anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I have seen sooo many people wean their baby only to continue having issues, and people who refused to wean and the issues went away on their own, that I never advise weaning unless YOU want to.

Think of it this way - worst case scenario (and I do not in any way, shape or form think this is going to happen to you, but it HAS happened to people) you wean. And the problems continue. Then heaven forbid, what if you never have another child (again, in no way do I think this is even the remotest concern, but it has happened). You are going to miss out on the experience you want to have with your daughter and it may not come again. (this goes double for weaning for the sake of a sway!!) I think it is best to live in the moment, take it day by day and even IF the nursing is having some effect, it WILL go away over time. Remember, the older your baby gets the more and more "happy" your body will be about taking the chance on conceiving again.

And just to clarify about hormonal migraines (which I get too, boy howdy do I ever) it is really not so much "low progesterone". I know they make it sound that way, but it isn't. It is the sudden drop in progesterone that can happen at some points of the cycle OR a sudden huge rise in estrogen without any prog. So this is why it happens before AF comes and this is why it happens before O happens. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to treat it (and in fact, the ones you get before O, I just cringe when I see people smearing themselves with prog cream for those because prog cream at that point of the cycle can delay or even stop O and even cause ovarian cysts to form). I get 2-3 migraines a month, before O, before AF - and I have NEVER in my life had a short LP. Never. And I was able to get pregnant while nursing wayyyyy more than you are, 2 times. I mention that not to say "this means our bodies are the same in every way" because obviously this is not true, but I just don't want you reading too much into a headache when it really doesn't mean anything.
    Although I'd LOVE to get rid of those headaches, that's for sure. BC and pregnancy have been my only cure there.

I usually only have the one right around CD 2 or 3, always. This last one on 8dpo or so was very out of the ordinary... but regardless, I hate them!

You're echoing responses I've got elsewhere, while I have others insist they finally carried a baby to term after dropping nursing.

I'm torn, but on the flipside of your logic, I've thought, "What if I have future kids who NEVER want to wean, and here I've got a kid who truly is weaning herself and *I* am the one prolonging it." I'm officially dropping that morning feed anyway because she points to the kitchen as soon as she wakes up -- she's definitely lost interest in it outside of evening.

So that might me by compromise right now, while I call doctors anyway just to get everything checked I can without an RE. It just sucks, because there seems to be so much, "What if you feel guilty or miss it" statements everywhere... but I think you guys are missing how those same feelings are here with these losses

11. Likes MiaMelb, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, but we don't know what would have happened if those same people wouldn't have weaned. That's kind of what I'm getting at here. It's like the people who say "I got pregnant taking Miracle Herb #17" and then when pressed they admit they only took it for 3 days or for 6 months and there's no way of really knowing if the herb had anything to do with it or could have even possibly made it take longer.

Follow what your heart and gut is telling you. While I do feel that there are other aspects of all this possibly messing with your head and making you feel a time pressure that doesn't exist (at least, not over the 3-6 months kind of time frame we're talking here) it's your choice of course and I am wishing you the very best of luck conceiving very soon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ