Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

We've decided to go for it!

After an insane amount of back and forth, my husband and I have finally decided to try for our third. Logically two kids is easier, but I can't get the idea of a third child out of my head (regardless of the gender). I figure my feelings shouldn't be totally ignored and my husband agrees. So, now that we've finally decided, I want to do a 'light' girl sway. I don't want to get too crazy, partly because I'll just stress more if I don't get every little thing right. From what I've read here it seems like Clomid, Diet, and exercise are the most important things? (Correct me if I'm wrong).

My friend has clomid she doesn't need anymore. I don't have an issue taking it, but I'm worried about multiples. Does anyone know the chances of multiples with Clomid?

Also, is E4D more important than I think it is? I'm always hesitant on scheduling sex because my husband probably wouldn't go for it. But if it is that important I can maybe try without him realizing it.
    due August 2021!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LE Diet plus fiber, coffee, and alcohol (and NOT taking probiotics and prenatals) 12 weeks or longer
    Exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week
    One attempt
    Clomid or Femara

For DH: Jogging/biking and smoking. Maybe OLE and soy milk.

Those are the things I really believe in for swaying. The nice thing is that if you do only those things it doesn't cut odds of conception by much.

I always recommend Clomid if you can get it. Risk of multiples is real, about 8-10% twins conceived on Clomid. Don't take more than 50 mg. Higher order multiples can happen rarely but haven't to any of us and taking only 50 mg is key.

The one attempt (and if you can't do that, e4d) is a real thing. Don't know how or why it works, only that it really does seem to. If you can swing it, great. If not, the other things without the one attempt are good too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes vnmora100 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    LE Diet plus fiber, coffee, and alcohol (and NOT taking probiotics and prenatals) 12 weeks or longer
    Exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week
    One attempt
    Clomid or Femara

For DH: Jogging/biking and smoking. Maybe OLE and soy milk.

Those are the things I really believe in for swaying. The nice thing is that if you do only those things it doesn't cut odds of conception by much.

I always recommend Clomid if you can get it. Risk of multiples is real, about 8-10% twins conceived on Clomid. Don't take more than 50 mg. Higher order multiples can happen rarely but haven't to any of us and taking only 50 mg is key.

The one attempt (and if you can't do that, e4d) is a real thing. Don't know how or why it works, only that it really does seem to. If you can swing it, great. If not, the other things without the one attempt are good too.
    What does OLE mean? Lol sorry

Also one attempt means you only do it once you've gotten a positive OPK? So no BD prior or after..

Sorry with the silly questions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Olive Leaf Extract (dry leaf 500-1000 mg, or use liquid, if you use liquid follow dose on bottle as those can vary by brand)

Yes one attempt is no unprotected sex except right around positive OPK. Just one time then (or at a cutoff, if you must)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely get the back and forth on the third kid thing but fortune favours the brave and pretty sure we are going to make the same decision as you. I wish you all the best and you can have all my pink dust.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    Completely get the back and forth on the third kid thing but fortune favours the brave and pretty sure we are going to make the same decision as you. I wish you all the best and you can have all my pink dust.
    And you can have my blue dust! I really do suck at making decisions, so something this big makes me really nervous. Like, we have two healthy boys, and life will get a little easier in the future, so why start over? But that urge to have another baby is just so hard to ignore. Good luck to you!

Thank you for the advice, Atomic. You're a gem! I'll keep you guys updated.
    due August 2021!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I forgot to ask, do you know if antidepressants sway at all? I'm currently taking 40 mg of Prozac every day. I wasn't taking these when I conceived my oldest, and stopped them two months before I conceived my second. Also, I'm still taking spironolactone 75 mg daily. I've been given the okay to continue this until I get a BFP. Hopefully it will help a bit.
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Antidepressants sway pink!

Crossing my fingers for you Greydore (and you too MiaMelb!)!!!

12. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really?! Why is that? Asking out of curiosity, I find this stuff so interesting!
    due August 2021!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Atomic, I forgot to ask, do you know if antidepressants sway at all? I'm currently taking 40 mg of Prozac every day. I wasn't taking these when I conceived my oldest, and stopped them two months before I conceived my second. Also, I'm still taking spironolactone 75 mg daily. I've been given the okay to continue this until I get a BFP. Hopefully it will help a bit.
    Spiro for sure sways pink and I've seen quite a few people get girls while on it.

With the antidepressants, we believe they sway pink but do not know why. I know the old school sites have a song and dance about pH but I find pH very hard to believe in any more. I suspect it may be that it mitigates the control-freakishness element or it may be that it affects your hormones/fertility a bit, both or neither. We just don't know the whys of most of these things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast