Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Would luv a son3 View Post
    I’m not sure how that’s even possible. All I feel is pain from my left and not a thing from my right. When I had DD’s I felt pain from my right side and now I only feel pains from the left side.
    The pain can sometimes be from pressure building up in the non dominant ovary. Additionally ovarian cysts can cuase tenderness on ovaries -- have you had your ovaries checked? Clomid increases chances of cysts.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing to keep in mind is what your weight is at, and wether there is any chance you are diabetic. You could have insulin resistance, and or PCOS.. I had the most mild form of pcos possible per my RE back with DD3 but still had it.. I'd get those cranky twinges all the time but Not always the ovary I ovulated from.. especially my clomid cycle it was brutal.. also with DD3 on clomid my left ovary was totally "quiet" as they say and my right ovary ended up looking like a string of pearls but thankfully one egg ended up being DD3.. however I was still able to get pregnant so even if you were to have a more dominant ovary it doesn't mean you won't conceive. I wonder at this point about still having a weak ovulation, maybe upping the clomid or switching to femara.. maybe even metaformin depending on your glucose numbers
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TP- Yes my OB checks my ovaries via ultrasound before every round. November will be my third and I think she wants to increase my dose but if I'm ovulating on 50mg then I wonder it if should even be increased? I absolutely love my OB and trust her so ill see what she says.

Burakoam-Thats interesting you say that. My OB says that Skinny PCOS can even be brought on by stress. She told me a lot more women have it then you think. I did have GD while pregnant with DD #2 but had my A1C levels checked twice after her birth and they went back to normal. Every year I go for a physical and they haven't said there was any elevation in my glucose levels. I will most likely have my dosage of clomid increased if my OB says I don't have cysts after my ultrasound.

I read something very interesting.....
    The left ovarian vein drains to the left renal vein and he right ovarian vein to the inferior vena cava. So the left ovarian vein is thought to be under higher pressure and drains slower. So they say thats why right sided ovulation favors pregnancy more then left sided ovulation. Has anyone heard of this? They also went on to say that toward perimenopause
    that women are more likely to become left side dominant?? I hate Google sometimes!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay. I was also wondering....There have definitely been some changes with my body since having my girls. For starters I’m pretty sure I O’ed from my right side cause I had O pain and had EWCM when trying to have them but it seems that now only my left ovary is ovulating and I have only watery CM. Every cycle so far I’ve felt left side O pain. Do you think my right ovary has given up? There have been follicles on my right side when my OB checks them before going on Clomid but it seems that I never feel a thing from that side. Have you ever heard of this?
    You can't tell what side you are ovulating from on the basis of ovulation pain because both ovaries develop eggs on each side every month. 15-30 eggs (that is a LOT of eggs!) and only the biggest and best one or two "win the race" and are ovulated. So both ovaries get big and swollen and can hurt and ovulation can actually release the pressure (kind of like picking a ripe zit, LOL)

We have had tons and tons of people - I am sure like 100 people by now - who have said to me "that isn't true, I felt pain on this side, I had to have Oed from there" - and some of them even got rather grumpy with me for saying otherwise LOL. But then when they had an early ultrasound done they found the corpus luteum where the egg had emerged and indeed it was actually on the side that had not experienced the pain! It is just a funny thing your body does.

Yes, what you read is what is believed to be correct - most women ovulate most months from the right because of blood flow. It means more hormones get to the eggs developing on the right and thus one of them is the egg that develops fastest and so it gets released. But some months there's a better egg on the left and so you ovulate from that side and it is very likely that the right side (because it gets so many more hormones and stuff) kinda gets "worn out faster" and so older women do tend to start ovulating more from the left but it's ok to O from the left, it isn't a bad thing, we all do at least a few times every year anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I just have to stop questioning every little thing and just hope that one day I’ll get pregnant again. I just couldn’t imagine my life with only two kids. Thanks so much for all of your help and knowledge Atomic. I do not understand how you make the time to help all the women here and also take care of 5 children. It’s much appreciated.

Thanks to all the other women that took the time to respond to me too.
    I will be seeing an RE in December and hopefully he can shed some light on my situation.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like, NEVER clean my house.

I am so happy to be able to help you guys in some small way when I can. Please keep me posted and let me know if you need anything at all. You will get pregnant again.

9. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol!! Have to give something up, right?! Haha!
    I do have one last question.....
    Does clomid increase a woman’s luteal phase? I’m finding that my period is taking longer and longer to show up. My LP was ALWAYS 14 days. I’m two days late with STARK white pregnancy tests. Have you ever seen this before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does clomid increase a woman’s luteal phase? I’m finding that my period is taking longer and longer to show up. My LP was ALWAYS 14 days. I’m two days late with STARK white pregnancy tests. Have you ever seen this before?
    Clomid does indeed lengthen the luteal phase.

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi XX! So I’m thinking that is what’s going on with me. So far 16 day LP. I hate the in between-not pregnant but don’t have my period either.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can extend it to normal range but I think you ovulated later than you think!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast