Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    This is what I point out to people when they rudely tell me "poor you, 4 girls!!" I tell them no actually we are very lucky and very blessed to get 4 girls!!!!
    I agree totally! All one gender families are amazingly special!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of people get same or mixed genders because of diet change..... my ob dr is doing a little research based on his 18 years in the OB/GYN bis! I don't know all the % and facts yet, I will update when I know.

1. Most surprise and teen pregs are girls. Because when people want to get pregnant they tend to eat healthier which results in a boy.

2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy.

3. People who are breastfeeding and conceive have a better chance for a girl because the nutri goes to the breastmilk first and then to the mom/baby oven. The earlier you get pregnant the higher the odds, nurser 0-6mths you have a 90% chance at a girl, 6-12mths it is about 70% chance a girl, 12-24mths 40% chance at a girl.

4. People who are "planning" on a 2nd or 3rd or whatever # will change their diet to prepare for a new baby... loosing a ton of weight from the other/s pregnancies or eating a balanced diet. All this will affect the outcome of the gender. One lady resently had a son after 9 girls because the dr told her to gain weight she was under weight.

I have been trying to look at the families lifestyle and comparing it with the swaying facts... a lot is so true about diet, vitamins, herbs, and activities.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I point out to people when they rudely tell me "poor you, 4 girls!!" I tell them no actually we are very lucky and very blessed to get 4 girls!!!!
    This is so sick! Every gender is a blessing, people are having so much problem to have a baby regardless of gender, how can a human being can say something like this. You said well. !

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy.

hmmm........i've been told I'm anemic in the past, I'm not taking any iron pills though. So if I am treating my anemia I am more likely to have a boy? If I am not taking my iron supps does it change anything?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SA77 View Post
    2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy. hmmm........i've been told I'm anemic in the past, I'm not taking any iron pills though. So if I am treating my anemia I am more likely to have a boy? If I am not taking my iron supps does it change anything?
    If you have anemia you should be taking something for it if you plan to get pregnant because it can affect your baby... iron is very important in pregnancy - online post....

"Iron is essential for making hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to other cells. During pregnancy, the amount of blood in your body increases until you have almost 50 percent more than usual. And you need more iron to make more hemoglobin for all that additional blood. You also need extra iron for your growing baby and placenta. Unfortunately, most women start pregnancy without sufficient stores of iron to meet their body's increased demands, particularly in the second and third trimesters. If you get to the point where you no longer have enough iron to make the hemoglobin you need, you become anemic.

Your risk is even higher if you have morning sickness severe enough to cause frequent vomiting, if you've had two or more pregnancies close together, if you're pregnant with more than one baby, if you have an iron-poor diet, or if your pre-pregnancy menstrual flow was heavy.

This is why the amount of iron you need shoots up during pregnancy from 18 to 27 milligrams (mg) per day. Because it's hard to get enough iron through diet alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that pregnant women take a daily supplement of 30 mg of elemental iron as a preventive dose. Many prenatal supplements contain that amount.

Iron deficiency is by far the most common cause of anemia in pregnancy, but it's not the only cause. You could also develop anemia from not getting enough folic acid or vitamin B12, by losing a lot of blood, or from certain diseases or inherited blood disorders such as sickle cell disease. How does iron-deficiency anemia affect my baby's health and mine?
    Your baby does a good job taking care of his iron needs – he'll get his share before you do. Still, maternal anemia can affect a baby's iron stores at birth, increasing his risk for anemia later in infancy.

Iron-deficiency anemia during pregnancy is linked to an increased risk of preterm delivery and low birth weight. It's also associated with a higher risk of stillbirth or newborn death, so it's something to take seriously.

Iron-deficiency anemia affects your health as well. It can sap your energy and make it harder for your body to fight infection. And if you're anemic later in pregnancy, you're more likely to have problems if you lose a lot of blood when you give birth. You may feel dizzy, have a rapid heart rate, or have other symptoms that require you to stay in the hospital an extra day or two. You're also more likely to need a blood transfusion. And there's research suggesting that anemia may even raise your risk of postpartum depression."

Take iron with C, D, and calcium.... if swaying boy drink a small cup of milk with the vitamins because it will help your body to absorb it.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    If you have anemia you should be taking something for it if you plan to get pregnant because it can affect your baby... iron is very important in pregnancy - online post....

"Iron is essential for making hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to other cells. During pregnancy, the amount of blood in your body increases until you have almost 50 percent more than usual. And you need more iron to make more hemoglobin for all that additional blood. You also need extra iron for your growing baby and placenta. Unfortunately, most women start pregnancy without sufficient stores of iron to meet their body's increased demands, particularly in the second and third trimesters. If you get to the point where you no longer have enough iron to make the hemoglobin you need, you become anemic.

Your risk is even higher if you have morning sickness severe enough to cause frequent vomiting, if you've had two or more pregnancies close together, if you're pregnant with more than one baby, if you have an iron-poor diet, or if your pre-pregnancy menstrual flow was heavy.

This is why the amount of iron you need shoots up during pregnancy from 18 to 27 milligrams (mg) per day. Because it's hard to get enough iron through diet alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that pregnant women take a daily supplement of 30 mg of elemental iron as a preventive dose. Many prenatal supplements contain that amount.

Iron deficiency is by far the most common cause of anemia in pregnancy, but it's not the only cause. You could also develop anemia from not getting enough folic acid or vitamin B12, by losing a lot of blood, or from certain diseases or inherited blood disorders such as sickle cell disease. How does iron-deficiency anemia affect my baby's health and mine?
    Your baby does a good job taking care of his iron needs – he'll get his share before you do. Still, maternal anemia can affect a baby's iron stores at birth, increasing his risk for anemia later in infancy.

Iron-deficiency anemia during pregnancy is linked to an increased risk of preterm delivery and low birth weight. It's also associated with a higher risk of stillbirth or newborn death, so it's something to take seriously.

Iron-deficiency anemia affects your health as well. It can sap your energy and make it harder for your body to fight infection. And if you're anemic later in pregnancy, you're more likely to have problems if you lose a lot of blood when you give birth. You may feel dizzy, have a rapid heart rate, or have other symptoms that require you to stay in the hospital an extra day or two. You're also more likely to need a blood transfusion. And there's research suggesting that anemia may even raise your risk of postpartum depression."

Take iron with C, D, and calcium.... if swaying boy drink a small cup of milk with the vitamins because it will help your body to absorb it.

I actually would like a girl next time....hopefully my prenatals have the correct amount to get me up to where i need to be.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTC5 I love that! Lovely perspective, and an even better retort to someone's rude comment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    1. Most surprise and teen pregs are girls. Because when people want to get pregnant they tend to eat healthier which results in a boy.
    I personally had a girl "surprise", and have 2 other friends, one who had 1 boy and another with 2 boys, who were "surprised" with girls. I think there is definitely something to how it happens ... ours came while I was on BCP's, so the horomones I think had something to do with it. My friends were both breastfeeding newborns.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SA77 - prenatals are prefect for a balance of all vitamins.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The whole statistics thing fascinates me too. I was just going over the make-up of the families on our former street the other day. It always seems to me that I see more single gender families than mixed. So just for fun I chalked up all the families on our street...there are 14 families with kids, and 30 children on the street. Of those 30, 16 are girls and 14 are boys. Of the 14 families, ONLY 5 are same gender! The other 9 all have some combo of boy/girl, so at least on our street it certainly is the "norm" to have a mix.

It's so surprising to hear the skew of boy conceptions is so high!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast