Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SA77 View Post
    2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy.

hmmm........i've been told I'm anemic in the past, I'm not taking any iron pills though. So if I am treating my anemia I am more likely to have a boy? If I am not taking my iron supps does it change anything?
    If anything, anemia would make you more likely to have a girl (because low nutrients seem to sway pink) BUT we have no hard evidence that iron sways either way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SA77 View Post
    I actually would like a girl next time....hopefully my prenatals have the correct amount to get me up to where i need to be.
    Prenatals are not the greatest source of absorbable iron - for a TTC pink iron source, try heating cran juice in a cast iron pan - the acidity of the cran will dissolve some of the iron of the pan and this iron is more easily absorbed by your body than the iron in vitamin pills are. You can stir in some Splenda (it's prob. best not to use aspartame as I've read some stuff that makes me think it's better not to heat up aspartame) to make it even more pink friendly, or use blackstrap molasses (sways blue but has extra iron in it.)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea but everyone else in my family have girls and boys only not me.
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    The whole statistics thing fascinates me too. I was just going over the make-up of the families on our former street the other day. It always seems to me that I see more single gender families than mixed. So just for fun I chalked up all the families on our street...there are 14 families with kids, and 30 children on the street. Of those 30, 16 are girls and 14 are boys. Of the 14 families, ONLY 5 are same gender! The other 9 all have some combo of boy/girl, so at least on our street it certainly is the "norm" to have a mix.

It's so surprising to hear the skew of boy conceptions is so high!
    It is amazing isn't it? But that is the actual number, my source is a college-level genetics textbook pub. in 2006 and I've seen it several other places in addition.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    I personally had a girl "surprise", and have 2 other friends, one who had 1 boy and another with 2 boys, who were "surprised" with girls. I think there is definitely something to how it happens ... ours came while I was on BCP's, so the horomones I think had something to do with it. My friends were both breastfeeding newborns.
    My experience has also been the surprises are girls. Almost without exception. Even with women who have had4 and 5 of the same gender already. (Altho Keeley had a surprise boy after 8 girls, so who knows!!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    A lot of people get same or mixed genders because of diet change..... my ob dr is doing a little research based on his 18 years in the OB/GYN bis! I don't know all the % and facts yet, I will update when I know.

1. Most surprise and teen pregs are girls. Because when people want to get pregnant they tend to eat healthier which results in a boy.

2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy.

3. People who are breastfeeding and conceive have a better chance for a girl because the nutri goes to the breastmilk first and then to the mom/baby oven. The earlier you get pregnant the higher the odds, nurser 0-6mths you have a 90% chance at a girl, 6-12mths it is about 70% chance a girl, 12-24mths 40% chance at a girl.

4. People who are "planning" on a 2nd or 3rd or whatever # will change their diet to prepare for a new baby... loosing a ton of weight from the other/s pregnancies or eating a balanced diet. All this will affect the outcome of the gender. One lady resently had a son after 9 girls because the dr told her to gain weight she was under weight.

I have been trying to look at the families lifestyle and comparing it with the swaying facts... a lot is so true about diet, vitamins, herbs, and activities.
    This is def. interesting because based on the Trivers-Willard hypothesis, I had always "expected" there to be more girls born to teen moms but when I researched it, it turns out that overall there are actually more boys.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really interesting...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    This is def. interesting because based on the Trivers-Willard hypothesis, I had always "expected" there to be more girls born to teen moms but when I researched it, it turns out that overall there are actually more boys.
    Well teens tend to eat alot of fried foods,soda,candy,salty fries so i would think more boys make sense right?
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    Well teens tend to eat alot of fried foods,soda,candy,salty fries so i would think more boys make sense right?
    Yes, but many teens are also not fully fertile/physically developed which I would expect to sway pink. They are also less likely to be in committed relationships which also sways pink for reasons we don't understand. And they don't always eat right, either.

Of course, teens that are finished with puberty would actually be at their peak of fertility and teenage boys prob have sky-high sperm counts, so it probably all averages out!

The two teen moms in our town both had boys but one was in a long-term relationship and the other was a big tough girl who just looks like she should have boys.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of how boys are mc more and die more in infancy-it really makes sense that if boys are more fragile than it would be a bad idea to give a boy to a mom who is already lacking vitamins and calories..that would be putting even more odds that a male would not survive.I love all these moments when the things everyone is saying makes perfect sense to me
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast