Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again, Atomic,
    It seems like my little one is starting to tolerate wheat and milk products. So, I can probably start having them soon, too. Now I'm just wondering if it might hurt my sway to reintroduce gluten and dairy products.

I was also wondering if a vegan diet sways more than vegetarian?

I was also wondering if quinoa sways blue? I've been having quite a bit of that (daily) in lieu of couscous.

Thanks again for your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately there are just some things that are beyond my ability to know - such as if adding back gluten and dairy might help or hurt your sway. I just don't know, I'm sorry.

We speculate that is the case BUT can't prove it because vegans are often doing so many healthy, nutrient dense foods and supplements that it muddies the water in terms of results.

Foods in and of themselves don't sway individually, it's the overall nutrient content of your diet that matters. So quinoa can be a part of a boy or girl diet just in the limits of those.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again, Atomic! I guess adding some empty (gluten containing) carbs won't hurt . I'll just try not to go over board with quinoa - it seems to be quite nutritious. But also very tasty.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, there is also rice, that seems ok for gluten free diets usually!

6. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea! On the slow burn diet, does it matter if I go for white or brown rice? Also, would you peel potatoes to reduce nutrition? (I remember you writing somewhere that your daughter is 30% potato, heh)

8. Thanks gwynn18 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weirdly, white rice is well tolerated by people with insulin issues so please use whichever you prefer - white or brown.

Re the nutrition in peelings - we started off assuming that all nutrients swayed equally but over time we've realized that the small amounts of nutrition in fruits and veg really aren't doing much, if anything. We've had excellent results even with people eating tons and tons of fruits and veg and the macronutrients like calories, protein, and fat seem to be much heavier hitters (and also the large amounts of vitamins in vitamin tablets and fortified foods) so I seriously doubt potato peels do anything at all to harm a sway. Totally up to you!

Yes my daughter was conceived on a steady diet of potatoes!! after avoiding salt and potatoes and still getting a boy the 4th time I felt like being a rebel and showing everyone that the whole idea didn't work so I did not avoid either of those things at all!

10. Thanks Lillie thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe, that's excellent! You must be right that the big picture matters more than the details. When I conceived my DD, I was eating quite a bit of junk food (boxes of Ben and Jerry's chocolate for dinner, pancakes for lunch etc.), but very little calories over all. And I didn't feel deprived

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the quintessential girl diet that I see again and again among my blue swayers. Salad and candy and diet coke but only eating 1000 cals a day (not recommending anyone eat like this for a pink sway, just that it's something I see come up a lot)

14. Likes Lillie liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like my kind of diet .

I wanted to ask if you have any advice about fertility and breastfeeding: I would like to try for another little one, but my period hasn't returned yet - probably because of breastfeeding 4-5 times a day. I've read that increasing calories (and insulin) can make the period return while breastfeeding. But, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the girl diet?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok let me explain the reason why I think both diet and breastfeeding sway pink.

I believe that our body's natural birth control mechanisms (the exact thing that makes us stop ovulating when we exercise a lot or diet too strictly or also how we don't ovulate while breastfeeding) is what sways pink. So we are looking for a happy medium where we are ovulating and can get pregnant, but our fertility is not quite 110%. This is a sliding scale with a LOT of ground to cover between the two extremes. So it's totally possible for diet + breastfeeding to be TOO much and make it impossible for you to get pregnant (due to your body's natural birth control mechanisms). So you can relax on diet a little and then your ovulation will resume and you'll get pregnant. It STILL sways pink to do that. You actually need to turn the radio dial a little more towards the direction of "fertility" just in order to get pregnant while doing both LE Diet and while nursing, but that doesn't mean you are undoing any of your sway, you're just making it possible to conceive while still in "girl zone."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast