Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't want to count calories, just go vegetarian. We still get good results with that. But do be sure you're eating ENOUGH. One of the main things about LE Diet is that you are getting enough to have a healthy pregnancy.

Most of us totally gave up the salt thing but totally up to you.

Skip the oats, there is a compound in them that may sway blue. YOu'd have to eat a lot of it, but most people just prefer to skip it on general principle.

Vitex has gotten disappointing results (still better than 50-50 for pink, but not as awesome as I'd liek to see) and has cut odds of conception, also really makes your cycle go wackadoo. There are downsides to it.

LR - this can be harmful to take more than 2 weeks straight so be sure he's doing it for your CD 1-14 only and then take the rest of the month off.

I BEG you not to DTD every day. I really cannot recommend that for anyone and I have a full explanation in this thread, not the first post but a few down the page. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...nk-lately.html

Acidic/alkaline diet stuff has not worked for most of us and I have a full explanation of why it is biologically impossible here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

That's totally fine and your call to make not to drink alcohol when TTC, but it has gotten good results for us for pink.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this has been asked a lot, but I was wondering how much folic to take. I'm 37 (38 in October) TTC mid September for a girl. I'm currently nursing and am concerned about how much to take. I don't know if too much can pass to my nursing son? And advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed So confused, need help

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you don't want to count calories, just go vegetarian. We still get good results with that. But do be sure you're eating ENOUGH. One of the main things about LE Diet is that you are getting enough to have a healthy pregnancy.

Most of us totally gave up the salt thing but totally up to you.

Skip the oats, there is a compound in them that may sway blue. YOu'd have to eat a lot of it, but most people just prefer to skip it on general principle.

Vitex has gotten disappointing results (still better than 50-50 for pink, but not as awesome as I'd liek to see) and has cut odds of conception, also really makes your cycle go wackadoo. There are downsides to it.

LR - this can be harmful to take more than 2 weeks straight so be sure he's doing it for your CD 1-14 only and then take the rest of the month off.

I BEG you not to DTD every day. I really cannot recommend that for anyone and I have a full explanation in this thread, not the first post but a few down the page. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...nk-lately.html

Acidic/alkaline diet stuff has not worked for most of us and I have a full explanation of why it is biologically impossible here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

That's totally fine and your call to make not to drink alcohol when TTC, but it has gotten good results for us for pink.
    Thankyou for your reply Atomic. I have been reading all your discussions and am becoming very overwhelmed by it all as it all is so confusing and I have no idea what to actually do that has high success rate. We only want 2 kids so this is our last and final chance to have a baby and I would really really love it to be a girl.

I am only eating Vegetarian at the moment which isn't that hard but I'm a huge meat fan so lets see how long it "isn't hard for"
    The LE diet is low everything but is Bread, rice, cous cous and pasta ok? My husband is making the food and its all really yummy stuff with heaps of veggies but it is with these carbs. What is the best thing to eat for breakfast?

I tried to do the skipping breakfast but omg I just can't do it!!!! I'm quite thin and have always woken up hungry so to have that hunger all the way up until lunch was really hard!! If I do that long term I would go nuts. I also want to mention that my first pregnancy with my son took a huge toll on my body (I had gestational diabetes while pregnant but completely controlled with diet alone) then after I had him while breastfeeding I lost so much weight and just couldn't get enough nutrients into me I had to supplement with sustagen, pregnancy/breastfeeding vitamins. Finished breastfeeding after 13months and only got back to my normal weight 6 months after stopping breastfeeding.

I just need to be careful I don't become unhealthy with these techniques. or is it a good thing that I'm slightly malnourished as I'm getting the impression on here its important for you to be run down and have lower weight and fertility to conceive girls? so confused

I read all your info on timing and wow I'm super confused and need to get clarification as last night my period finished and I'm super excited we can now actively start TTC. So if we did it every 2nd day up until 2 days before ovulation that it is likely to sway pink?
    Is lowering sperm count a girl sway?
    Wouldnt frequent BD leading up to ovulation lower sperm count anyway and increase the chances of conception because theres a lot of swimmers in there waiting for the egg hehe ?
    Ive told DH to not release himself until we start trying is this right? So sorry for all the questions I just don't know which one to try coz there are too many options.

I won't DTD every day like you suggested. But only doing it once makes me nervous. Do you think we should BD 3 & 2 days before ovulation and thats it? Then wait to see if I get pregnant.

Bugger about the Vitex. Should I stop Vitex straight away or is that bad? And should I tell DH to stop the LR? He has been taking it for a few weeks now and we will TTC in the next few days.

Your info on pH is that it doesn't matter what you eat or do the environment would always be what it is and that ovulation creates a path of liquid for the sperm to follow to the egg?

You mentioned you had good pink results drinking? is that right? Please explain?
    Last edited by TeamPinkhope; July 27th, 2017 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Adding something to it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I know this has been asked a lot, but I was wondering how much folic to take. I'm 37 (38 in October) TTC mid September for a girl. I'm currently nursing and am concerned about how much to take. I don't know if too much can pass to my nursing son? And advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
    I like you guys to take 1200-1600 mcg. Many prenatals have 800-1000 and so it's just a bit more than that. This is because people are following a restrictive diet and sometimes taking supplements that may deplete their folic supply. It both prevents neural tube defects but also may help prevent chromosomal abnormalities.

I think it's perfectly fine to take while nursing and in fact I had to take 4000 mcg with my last two pregnancies (both of which I was nursing with) and I was told to do this by my doctor (who knew I was breastfeeding) because my 3rd child has a mild neural tube defect. And I was taking 800 mcg folic acid with him, since that is how much is in my prenatal! That's part of the reason I like to be sure you guys are getting enough, since we did experience that situation ourselves even on 800 mcg folic and a very healthy diet as well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you have such a hard time keeping weight on, I think you need to just stay vegetarian and don't worry about the rest of it. Grain foods are fine for most people. Under normal circumstances I would have people with a history of gestational diabetes use whole grains instead, but only if you can keep weight on while eating those.

Don't worry about skipping breakfast, it's just one little thing. Many people don't skip it. And even if you just pushed your first meal back an hour, that still may help. There is no magic to breakfast, you're just trying to extend that time overnight with no food coming in.

Yes, we are aiming at being slightly lower in condition and fertility but please don't take that too seriously. It is a MINOR thing and you very well may already BE in that zone. Remember, most people get boys and girls not realizing they are even doing anything any different than they did before!

No, every 2 days is really really blue friendly. It doesn't work. Please do only every 4 days or even further apart. Even if you put a cutoff onto that (and trust me, from one who knows firsthand, timing does not work, most of us on here have timing opposites, plural) you are doing a frequency pattern that may sway blue.

While technically yes, lowering sperm count is ~supposed~ to sway pink, I feel that it is best to do what actually has gotten results instead of counting on dusty old theories that most of us got opposites with. And what has worked by far and away best, is one attempt. And if you don't want to do one attempt, do e4d instead. But do NOT go any closer than that at least not until you've given it at least 3 months.

BD 2 and 3 days before O got me at least 2 of my 4 boys. I cannot sign off on that plan for anyone who has not already been TTC for a while. Everyone assumes they cannot possibly get pregnant with one attempt but people on this site and elsewhere do it every day. Every ejaculation has enough sperm to get millions of women pregnant.

If your husband has been taking LR for "a few weeks" he needs to stop it immediately and stay off of it for at least a month. It can raise blood pressure through the roof and that is why we take it only 2 weeks at a time.

Vitex is totally at your discretion whether to continue or not, it's just not a stellar sway tactic, unfortunately. I do wish it was as easy as taking an herb but it doesn't seem to work that way. Plus it can delay O.

It does matter what you eat but pH does not depend directly upon the foods you eat in the way that people say that it does. PLUS, it is simply impossible that low pH is neccessary for conceiving a girl, since no one's pH is really low at ovulation and if it were, pregnancy would not occur, since low pH kills sperm. Some people may find that coincidentally, changes in diet seem to lower pH, but that is because the foods you eat affect your hormone levels, and hormones make EWCM. So when your hormones have lowered, you may have less CM, and in turn lower pH, but that does not mean that low pH is the reason why this sways or that just shooting some goo up into the VJ does anything. In fact, we know it doesn't, since none of the low pH jellies have gotten good results, with the same % of people getting boys and girls with and without them.

Yes, ovulation creates a path of EWCM that the sperm swim through to get to the egg. No theory there, that's a fact.

Yes, we've had good results with drinking 1-2 drinks a day as a part of a sway. What part did you need me to explain?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you have such a hard time keeping weight on, I think you need to just stay vegetarian and don't worry about the rest of it. Grain foods are fine for most people. Under normal circumstances I would have people with a history of gestational diabetes use whole grains instead, but only if you can keep weight on while eating those.

Don't worry about skipping breakfast, it's just one little thing. Many people don't skip it. And even if you just pushed your first meal back an hour, that still may help. There is no magic to breakfast, you're just trying to extend that time overnight with no food coming in.

Yes, we are aiming at being slightly lower in condition and fertility but please don't take that too seriously. It is a MINOR thing and you very well may already BE in that zone. Remember, most people get boys and girls not realizing they are even doing anything any different than they did before!

No, every 2 days is really really blue friendly. It doesn't work. Please do only every 4 days or even further apart. Even if you put a cutoff onto that (and trust me, from one who knows firsthand, timing does not work, most of us on here have timing opposites, plural) you are doing a frequency pattern that may sway blue.

While technically yes, lowering sperm count is ~supposed~ to sway pink, I feel that it is best to do what actually has gotten results instead of counting on dusty old theories that most of us got opposites with. And what has worked by far and away best, is one attempt. And if you don't want to do one attempt, do e4d instead. But do NOT go any closer than that at least not until you've given it at least 3 months.

BD 2 and 3 days before O got me at least 2 of my 4 boys. I cannot sign off on that plan for anyone who has not already been TTC for a while. Everyone assumes they cannot possibly get pregnant with one attempt but people on this site and elsewhere do it every day. Every ejaculation has enough sperm to get millions of women pregnant.

If your husband has been taking LR for "a few weeks" he needs to stop it immediately and stay off of it for at least a month. It can raise blood pressure through the roof and that is why we take it only 2 weeks at a time.

Vitex is totally at your discretion whether to continue or not, it's just not a stellar sway tactic, unfortunately. I do wish it was as easy as taking an herb but it doesn't seem to work that way. Plus it can delay O.

It does matter what you eat but pH does not depend directly upon the foods you eat in the way that people say that it does. PLUS, it is simply impossible that low pH is neccessary for conceiving a girl, since no one's pH is really low at ovulation and if it were, pregnancy would not occur, since low pH kills sperm. Some people may find that coincidentally, changes in diet seem to lower pH, but that is because the foods you eat affect your hormone levels, and hormones make EWCM. So when your hormones have lowered, you may have less CM, and in turn lower pH, but that does not mean that low pH is the reason why this sways or that just shooting some goo up into the VJ does anything. In fact, we know it doesn't, since none of the low pH jellies have gotten good results, with the same % of people getting boys and girls with and without them.

Yes, ovulation creates a path of EWCM that the sperm swim through to get to the egg. No theory there, that's a fact.

Yes, we've had good results with drinking 1-2 drinks a day as a part of a sway. What part did you need me to explain?
    Thankyou again for you reply Atomic , I know there was a lot to read. While I waited for a reply I got my DH to read a few threads to give him an idea what information I am reading but to also explain things to me and formulate a plan for TTC this cycle.

We worked out DH has been taking LR for 16 days and have stopped that now. (been 2 days) He joked saying if he has a heart attack for high blood pressure he is blaming me for making him take it. :OP
    --When you said he should stop it immediently and stay off it for a month. That means he can re start it if we don't succeed in Pg???
    I have also stopped taking Vitex. (hope it doesn't delay ovulation this cycle)

So our plan will be:
    I will delay breakfast a few hours on the 2 days I don't work and on weekends.
    I will have smaller meals (I think I'm over eating at lunch & dinner)
    The only plan we can trial this cycle is Compressed FR with 1 attempt so I will do OPK every day to monitor O and I'm estimating O on Wednesday 2nd August so DH will FR x3 times on Monday and x3 times on Tuesday.
    BD day (Wed 2nd August) DH will FR once in the morning and try once in the afternoon. He has indoor cricket and will be home around 9pm so will do our 1 attempt then. Shallow with missionary and no Big O for me

Is DTD on O day likely to sway pink? Or would it matter if it happens once 2 days before OR 1 day before? Im just concerned timing our 1 attempt on an OPK day.

We haven't been drinking alcohol at all for 5 weeks as we didn't drink for 2 or so months before trying to conceive with DS and figured we want to be our healthiest while trying to conceive #2. But I really really want to have a glass of wine here and there but my DH is struggling more than I am because he drinks a lot more than I do (and never knows when to stop) so I don't want start something I can't stop. Does alcohol damage sperm quality?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well 16 days is not really more than 14 days. The impression I had on your other posts was that he had been on it nonstop for months.

Yes, when you get your next AF in a couple weeks he can retake it for another 2 weeks, then come off it again. That way his body always has a break. No longer than 6 months doing that in total, then he needs to drop it totally.

DTD on O Day does not sway blue (been debunked, read more here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html) but it is also not good odds of conception. Please feel free to DTD 1 or 2 days before O not for your sway but because either one of them is better odds of conception than O day.

The day of positive OPK is NOT O Day. It is 24-36 hours on average before O day. So DTD on the day of first positive OPK is actually having sex the exact day you were suggesting. We do this not for swaying but because it is the best chance of conception with one attempt. For reasons we do not know, one attempt sways pink regardless of the day of intercourse.

I would simply stay away from the alcohol in that case. Please do not let swaying make you think you need to start up with anything that will be bad for DH in the long term. I will say from sad experience that if your husband drinks to excess and you have any chance to get him to cut back on that, do it sooner rather than later because it can really wreak havoc on your life in the long term. It isn't worth it for your sway at all.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well 16 days is not really more than 14 days. The impression I had on your other posts was that he had been on it nonstop for months.

Yes, when you get your next AF in a couple weeks he can retake it for another 2 weeks, then come off it again. That way his body always has a break. No longer than 6 months doing that in total, then he needs to drop it totally.

DTD on O Day does not sway blue (been debunked, read more here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html) but it is also not good odds of conception. Please feel free to DTD 1 or 2 days before O not for your sway but because either one of them is better odds of conception than O day.

The day of positive OPK is NOT O Day. It is 24-36 hours on average before O day. So DTD on the day of first positive OPK is actually having sex the exact day you were suggesting. We do this not for swaying but because it is the best chance of conception with one attempt. For reasons we do not know, one attempt sways pink regardless of the day of intercourse.

I would simply stay away from the alcohol in that case. Please do not let swaying make you think you need to start up with anything that will be bad for DH in the long term. I will say from sad experience that if your husband drinks to excess and you have any chance to get him to cut back on that, do it sooner rather than later because it can really wreak havoc on your life in the long term. It isn't worth it for your sway at all.
    Hey again,

I did a clearable ov test Tuesday night and got "not fertile". On Wed morning (BD day) I had clear egg white CM and on a cheapy opk got a light positive line so tested again yesterday afternoon and got an even darker line and when I got home from work (7pm) the digital test was Peak fertility. My CM wasn't thick anymore and was clear slippery. I was like woah that happened quick so was super excited for DH to come home to do our planned one BD attempt. But you were saying that a positive opk test isn't when you are ovulating and just before it right? I was a little worried I had missed the timing, what do you think?

Well... our BD last night was a disaster!!! I think the pressure to DTD got to DH
    he had been doing compressed FR since that was the only technique we could try this cycle so he FR x3 times Monday, x2 Tuesday and once on Wed morning (BD night). He felt like he had nothing left and couldn't reach climax which was really disappointing/stressful. He was very frustrated but determined to "put a girl in me" hehehe he managed to finally get there but it was a pathetic amount of semen so I tilted hips up for a bit after and stayed lying for a few mins then when to the toilet to clean up. Not much semen was wiped away so I would be very surprised if this resulted in a pregnancy.

So would you agree that its not the best method for my DH? If this doesn't work we will try one of the other methods (maybe FR once a day for 7-10 days up until O)
    Fingers crossed we get an BFP this month but I'm realistic it probably won't. Now the wait ...
    In the meantime you recommend to continue the LE diet? What else should I do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, see, this is why I don't even use the CFR any more. Coupled with the LR it ends up this way for 90% of everyone who's tried it and it can create longstanding issues with DH and BD that are really unpleasant when trying to conceive! I do not think it's the best method for anyone's DH.

You ovulate about 24-36 hours average after first positive OPK. Yes, it can happen very quickly just like that. Worst thing that happens is you get a BFN, so don't worry that your attempt was too late. It probably wasn't, and it doesn't hurt anything too badly even if it was.

Yes continue diet, I like you guys to stay on diet even after attempt since our results show clearly that 12 weeks on diet is much much better results and 2-4 weeks is abysmal (so going off and on diet is not a good idea)

Just keep exercising if you were and try to stay chill, you never know you could actually have conceived, or if not, it just wasn't meant to be THE month.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic,

So you know how I said our first and only BD was a disaster? I kept doing pregnancy tests every 2nd day from 7dpo and kept getting negative results even though I felt things like advanced smell, change in taste and a dull ache in my lower pelvis. It was so frustrating because I felt a little different. AF was due on Friday 18th August and I got my BFP on he 17th August (15dpo)
    I am in absolute disbelief that some sperm actually went in because DH was having such a hard time as he CFR leading up to our attempt and felt as though there was nothing left to come out.

Fingers crossed its a sticky one and I make it over the 12 week mark. What is the likely hood of our pink sway being successful?
    We DTD at a positive ovulation test, missionary, shallow release, had been on LE diet for 5 weeks, DH was on LR for just over 2 weeks but stopped well before our BD. He was frequent releasing 3 days before BD. I only skipped breakfast about 5 times in the 5 weeks and the rest of the time I had early dinners and delayed breakfast. We also both had hot showers before BD and for 5 weeks had a salt lamp in the bedroom.

I really hope its a little girl!!! I can't believe I'm pregnant! First month trying again (we got BFP the first month with DS)

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, sunstars liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast