Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Made2mumma I got the impression from your first post that you had multiple attempts with your boys? The one attempt has been a strong sway tactic when combined with the LE diet By all means include some other tactics as well, increased caffiene (2-3 coffees daily), alcohol, j&d etc as they are things you can drop first as time goes on. If its preferable than one attempt at pos opk you could consider doing e4d? That gives you one attempt and gives you a chance of either a 4-o plus o day, 3-o, 2-o or 1-o attempt. Might take the stress out of knowing how close to o your one attempt is and gives you a good shot of a 2-o or longer cutoff.....

With the cardio I would think your weight and bmi would be too low to include it however Atomic is the lady that will advise yay or nay and why

How are your cycles? Are they fairly regular? Usual length? Just wondering basically if your weight has had any effect in it or do you seem to be ovulating as normal?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Likes Mommy2apples, Pokster liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sorry, i did have multiple attempts, a few days apart, however both pregnancies were unplanned and the attempts were not actual attempts, broken condom, withdrawal etc. the main 'mistakes' were made on ovulation day, so I figured they must have been conceived that day is all!
    I was originally drawn to the o-4 (is that the same as e4d? Sorry still getting used to the acronyms!) Is that better than 14 days in a row with j&d in your opinion?
    Yes my cycles are very regular 28days, I stopped breastfeeding a few months back and they have now returned to normal. I don't think my ovulation is affected, as the usual signs are present at the 14/15 day mark. I will start charting my bbt to get a definite on that though!
    In regards to the cardio, although slim, I am quite unfit so not sure if this makes any impact on a recommendation?
    Due early sept 2018, to complete our family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    E4d means dtd every four days so for example cd8, cd12, cd16, cd20 etc which gives you one attempt in fertile window. Even with charting and getting an indication of when o 'usually' happens wont gaurantee you'll o on those same cycle days when it comes time to ttc. That's when cycles usually go haywire on us hence the recommendation for one attempt at pos opk OR e4d. I cant see there's any way you'll nail a 4-o attempt except with pure luck unfortunately and again chances of conceiving are slim with that attempt (but has and does happen). By all means though give it your best shot for first cycle ttc if that's what you're drawn too. Maybe do the temping over the next few cycles to hopefully pinpoint o to a couple days and then aim for an attempt 3 days prior to the earliest o day recorded. Not at all saying that will work (it likely wont) but if your really wanting to try for the long cutoff it gives you some chance of achieving it. The downside is there's no gaurantee your body wont decide to o early and you end up with a 2-o or closer attempt.... Avoid bding for 14 days followed up with a j&d. It's very unlikely that 14 days in a row is even possible plus dh would have nothing left in the tank sperm wise by then so to speak so a j&d would be irrelevant. Atomic will advise if she thinks hubby should do frequent release with you or without you (protected until actual attempt if with you) and for how many days etc prior.

The recommendation used to be either 1 hour cardio (no less) 6-7 times per week or no exercise at all. Being unfit should fit in with your pink sway in the way of no exercise. It's moderate exercise that sways blue so I'm thinking you're better off avoiding it all together. Again though, wait for Atomics advice She will respond to your thread but give her a few days to do so.

5. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok fantastic, you've been very helpful, thank you so much!
    Haha I think it would be as much of a test for me 14 days in a row no O! Sounds like a pretty great time...
    I look forward to hearing from atomic for some more clarification, and will definitely consider e4d, I might be more comfortable with that idea, but like I said, I'm not closed off to any suggestions.
    I guess I do low intensity light/moderate exercise now, running around after kids, housework, walks etc I'm a sahm, so am on my feet most of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries and sorry, just to clarify moderate exercise I mean like brisk walking for 30-45mins, weight lifting, aerobics class that's 30-45 mins etc 3-4 times'ish a week

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok, definitely no exercise class, but brisk walk a couple times a week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You want to avoid moderate exercise like those listed above so if you're walking a couple times a week then I'd stop. Moderate exercise sways 'blue'. Sorry I think our wires got a bit crossed there

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha no I understand! I was saying I do a few brisk walks currently, so I suppose moving forward I either need to give it up all together (boys won't be happy!) or ramp it right up, pending advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    spot on

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are always welcome to follow whatever sway tactics you would like BUT I would like to toss out a few caveats:

1)One attempt has been a huge pink sway for us so it sounds like that one thing will be a big change. I really want to stress to you that timing has NOT worked, number of attempts has, so please err on the side of conceiving with one attempt instead of slavishly sticking to Shettles, which about 90% of us on here have timing opposites.

2)In light of that, I cannot ever recommend anyone do a 4 day cutoff. The odds of concepiton are vanishingly small with a 4 day cutoff (especially when swaying using other methods that also cut odds of conception) so I would suggest moving that a day closer for 3 day cutoff at the longest and ditching cutoff BEFORE adding attempts. Also, doing a J and D plus a 4 day cutoff - you may as well take a birth control pill as try that. You're not going to get pregnant.

3)Aspirin has not worked and had many risks and side effects that were considerable (for both you and unborn baby). I am rarely using it any more (except for those who insist upon it or who are using it under the advice of a doctor)

4)Antihistamines have also not worked, same % of people getting girls with and without them, and cut odds of conception considerably. If you are using them anyway that's one thing, but especially when using a cutoff you will lower your odds of BFP hugely for something that is doing nothing to assist sways.

5) Peppermint tea, again, not effective for us and has cut odds of conception significantly and also made people's cycles go crazy, delaying ovulation and making LP become short.

6)Biorhythms were invented by a mental patient based on the idea that all women have 28 day cycles (they don't) and have been debunked in over 134 studies. Moon cycles and ions make no biological sense. People think they work because there is a 3 day window that you can change around till the gender of your baby comes out right and I've seen people do this trick with my own two eyes. Use at your own peril because people should NOT be skipping months while swaying especially when they have little to no weight to spare.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say 65-75% - are you saying that this is too low for you and so you're going to do the opposite of what you did when you got boys instead, in hopes of getting better than 75%? Because swaying cannot ever BE 100% and if 75% is a disappointment (keeping in mind that many of us are probably coming into a sway 75% "set" for boys!!) I think you need to take a step back because it just doesn't seem possible to get better results than about 75% (80% may be a theoretical upper window, but real life stuff gets in the way of that.) There's just always going to be a huge luck factor involved or the whole human race would have died out a long time ago - first time there was a famine and no boys were conceived. So if you're ok with 65-75% possible success rates, great, please do what has worked for most peopel, most of the time. If that is too disappointing then please consider HT because that's the only way we can seem to get better than 75% max (unfortunate truth. :/)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast