Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Made2Mumma View Post
    Haha no I understand! I was saying I do a few brisk walks currently, so I suppose moving forward I either need to give it up all together (boys won't be happy!) or ramp it right up, pending advice!
    While originally I was having people stop exercise if they couldn't get the 60 6-7 recommendation, it has been SO effective that now I think it's best to continue even if you can only get up to 4-5 days a week. (60 min is ideal tho)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sorry, i did have multiple attempts, a few days apart, however both pregnancies were unplanned and the attempts were not actual attempts, broken condom, withdrawal etc. the main 'mistakes' were made on ovulation day, so I figured they must have been conceived that day is all!
    I was originally drawn to the o-4 (is that the same as e4d? Sorry still getting used to the acronyms!) Is that better than 14 days in a row with j&d in your opinion?
    Yes my cycles are very regular 28days, I stopped breastfeeding a few months back and they have now returned to normal. I don't think my ovulation is affected, as the usual signs are present at the 14/15 day mark. I will start charting my bbt to get a definite on that though!
    In regards to the cardio, although slim, I am quite unfit so not sure if this makes any impact on a recommendation?
    O-4 is a timing method where you have ONE attempt 4 days before you expect to O. Very low odds of conception when done properly and it is VERY easy to get wrong since people can and do ovulate sooner than they think they will all the time.

E4d is having unprotected sex every 4ish days and so ensuring you have only one viable attempt in the fertile window wihtout having to mess around with OPK and stuff.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you're low weight, when you start the exercise please start off eating upper levels of LE Diet (1800-2000) and even increase if weight flies off. The exercise is appearing to outweigh the need for increased calories provided you still keep protein and fat on the lower side and get most of your pro/fat calories from vegetable sources instead of animal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    You are more than welcome to look at the pH and timing options but our results have shown they aren't helpful. Timing has been totally debunked (same number of girls and boys are concieved each day of fertile window) so if you can let go of that idea it removes some stress. Many experienced swayers have given up on the pH stuff after seeing so many pH opposites. Many of the pH things can also hinder conception so better chances of getting pregnant if you can let that go too. Our results show that one attempt in the fertile window (irrespective of the actual day relative to O) does sway pink.
    Yes this exactly!! So many of us, myself very much included, came to this site with 2 or more failed sways under our belts, having done all the timing and pH stuff to the max and only getting more of the gender we already have. I know it's very hard to give up on some of this stuff before you've tried it, but sometimes it is hard for us to watch others go down the road we already tried and did not work for us!!

I have a couple long posts about pH http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html and timing http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html that have the full case against them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your respone! My weight is 48kg and bmi is 17.8.

So basically everything I'm thinking is wrong lol, good thing im here I think!
    I have been looking at the spreadsheets and have taken most of my cues from what induvdual factors caused a higher success rate for others. I know some of the sample sizes aren't big so perhaps not as accurate to base my attempt on.
    I guess my main concern is that I really wanted to feel like I was doing something different then what I have done in the past. And conceiving closely around ovulation and the Le diet wouldn't be that much of a change. Are the other elements enough to sway confidently? Obviously I wasn't doing any of these other factors then. Naturally I'm a pretty fertile person, from a very fertile family, so I assume I am swayed to blue!

So are you suggesting that I do cardio or that I shouldn't?
    Should I be drinking coffee or alcohol? If so, how much?

I appreciate everyone's help so far, it's so much information to get your head around, and I feel so much pressure to get it right!
    Do proceed with caution because firstly not all sway tactics are right for everyone (and some of them would be a DISASTER given your weight as they are designed for people with PCOS/IR and you'd lose tons of weight if you tried them) and secondly, some of our stats are misleading for other reasons which I go into in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...hts-stats.html

The thing with doing the opposite is this - you only want to do the opposite on the things that were swaying blue for you!!! It is entirely possible that many of the things you are thinking of were either neutral or possibly even swaying PINK! I can't even tell you the number of people who think they have to "do the opposite" and make changes in things that only sway MORE blue than when they got pregnant with their sons. To illustrate, imagine that your lifestyle before took you from being (hypothetically) 80% likely to conceive a boy, to 60% likely to conceive a boy (because you were doing some things that swayed pink in addition to other things that swayed blue). You don't want to then turn around and "do the opposite" on the things that were already swaying pink for you!! That would only make you MORE blue friendly, even if you changed other things at the same time. So you need to change the things that need to be changed and let go of the things that were neutral or even swaying pink.

Yes do cardio if you possibly can and increase calories at the same time to prevent weight loss.
    Coffee and alcohol both gotten good results, just use slightly more than you do normally. There's no set amount, and it is likely that people who never use it only need a little, and people who use some may need to up it just a hair more.

Hope this all makes sense, I covered a lot of ground here so please let me know if anything is less than clear.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,

Thank you so much for taking the time, it is greatly appreciated!
    I do have a few points to clarify. I am more than happy to stick to the one attempt and let go of the stress of timing, would you recommend a CFR? Or a J&D with this one attempt?
    Do you think October (I'll ovulate around the 20th) would be too soon to make an attempt, given the time needed for diet to be affective, folic acid supplements etc?
    I'm not surprised you said biorhythms were created by a crazy person, my husband would certainly say that's a good fit for me ATM and I can't disagree lol
    I wasn't going to base my attempt strongly on those factors anyway, and it certainly wouldn't prevent me making an attempt on any given month! It was just something I came across that I found interesting.
    No I definitely wasn't saying that 65-70% is too low! Mostly I was just saying that that's the figure I noticed most active swayers achieve. Really I would Be thrilled if I could give myself a 70% chance, and just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to put it in that ballpark!
    Happy to do exercise as this is something very different from when I had my boys. I will compensate my intake accordingly. However I've been on 1600 calories for a few days, and I even find that figure a bit tricky to reach. So I think that perhaps my intake requirements aren't really all that high anyway.
    Good to hear about the ph, because it really wasn't something I wasnt all that happy to do, for effort level and risk of infection both!
    I've seen in the last you not recommending myo insitol for non pcos swayers, is this still your stance? I have read it's good for girl swaying and from what I seen quite safe, even helping with gestational diabetes, but I'm not sure if it would be right for me.
    Finally, Do you have any information/experience on thyroid meds with this approach? I am on a very low dose of thyroxine 25mcg. I was not on this medication with my boys, it developed during my last pregnancy. I will definitely chat to my doctor too, but thought you may have some insight?

Thank you!
    Due early sept 2018, to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never recommend CFR. Most of the people in our stats who say they did CFR did not actually do CFR and I believe the sole reason it looks effective is because it's always done with one attempt. 90% of the people who tried CFR failed to do it right or couldn't get pregnant while doing it because when done properly it lowers odds of conception by a lot and actually makes it impossible for many men to "complete the transaction" either unable to get an erection or to ejaculate. Plus it really has caused a massive amount of stress and tension between couples and if he's not totally on board I'd skip it anyway.

J and D has seemed to add something in our results so I'd start off with a J and D after 5 minutes.

Ok I gotcha (both on biorhythms and on success rates). I have a fair number of people who really do plan to skip months (had one woman who was going to only try 2 months in the whole year) and on the other site, there are many, many people who do this so I warn people against it. And I also have quite a few people who think that they can get to 100% if only they do enough sway "factors" but that sadly is not how it seems to work - it just appears that there is an upper ceiling on our potential success rates and I like for you guys to know that going in rather than expecting higher chances than swaying can deliver.

Myoinositol has caused some very weird side effects (in addition to making weight fly off). We've had people whose egg quality became dreadful on myoinositol and others who developed very short LP. I recommend it ONLY for the people who need it - PCOSers and those with more than 50 lbs to spare. Everyone else, you're better off skipping it.

We have lots of people on here who are on thyroid meds. Avoid iodine(unless advised by a doctor), soy, aspirin/cranberry, antihistamine only in the "rescue" method (one day only, day of attempt, 4-6 hours before attempt). I don't use the herbs for thyroid ladies any more because they seemed to cause way more trouble than they were worth (so no vitex, peppermint, saw palmetto)

8. Thanks Made2Mumma thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok great, duly noted! So basically my only options are diet, exercise and single attempt, and I should avoid everything else. Little disappointing, but obviously health is most important. Should I still try to get clomid, or leave it alone?
    I just have a final clarification on the single attempt, how long should we be abstaining prior? We are both 28, so I assume extended abstaining is out of the question?
    Seeing as I'm unable to take anything, can dh? He is pretty receptive. I have started him on olive leaf extract, but can you suggest some other things?
    Both of us seem to be pretty fertile, so swayed to boys anyway, hopefully we can implement some other stratergies if not the herbs, maybe the jelly?

Thank you
    Last edited by Made2Mumma; August 8th, 2017 at 08:00 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But don't worry though, because those things haven't even WORKED for us.

I know it's counterintuitive but we are getting good results (with quicker times to conception and fewer miscarriages than other sites) by ditching the crap that doesn't work and focusing on what does. And the good news is - diet, exercise, one attempt, and Clomid if you can get it (and yes yes do try to get it if you can) is what works. The 11 herbs and spices don't even work anyway so it's totally great to wave them buh-bye with no regrets. You'll have just as good a sway as anyone else and you'll get pregnant much quicker with less chance of a miscarriage as well.

For DH - soy milk 12-36 oz. a day (so 1-3 glasses), smoking if he enjoys that (even if just occasionally has seemed to help), jogging or biking for him (the more the better) have seemed to help. Coffee and alcohol may help for him.

Jelly - at your discretion. Again, has not been effective and does cut odds of conception but I do keep it in the mix for those who want to try it. Just be sure you drop it before adding attempts!

11. Thanks Made2Mumma thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright that is good to know. I certainly feel a great deal more relaxed about my attempt then I felt at the start of the week, so thank you! I think I've let go of the idea that I won't be happy with anything but a girl, because that's not necessarily true, but I still want to give myself the best chance!

What's the best way to get clomid? Do I flat out lie and say my cycles are irregular and I'm not sure I'm ovulating?

Thank you!

13. Likes Mommy2apples, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast