Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Long time trawler, first time poster! TTC girl, please help!

Hi everyone!

I have spent a number of months on and off researching my girl gender sway. I have 2 beautiful boys and have convinced dh to try for a third, October will be our first attempt.

I've found a lot of information, studies, methods etc very contradictory, however the resounding figure that seems to be achieved across the board is between 65-75% success for active swayers. So I have based my plan on what I did with my boys. Both were not planned, on low magnesium (I'm extremely deficient) and low dairy. Both conceived on or very very close to ovulation. I would have had only 1-2 days between attempts, ds2 was everyday. Both in a full moon. Low caffeine, low alcohol, no folic acid, no multivitamins, not overly high in salt and potassium, higher in sugar, not much if any exercise.

So all that being said, I'm thinking of trying the FGD, 4 day cutoff, one attempt, j+d. Magnesium powder, calcium supplements, folic acid, aspirin, antihistamines(will be spring so will be on them anyway!) and peppermint tea.
    I'm thinking of taking up cardio based exercise, but I do need to be careful, especially on this diet as I am very slim/naturally underweight even despite a fairly full fat diet (not junk food)
    I will also try to take into account the moon cycles, biorhythms, lunar cycles, positive ions, and a few old wives tails.

Any tips or hints for me? Sorry for long post, I'm just desperate to get this right as this will most likely be our last attempt. I can talk DH into just about anything as he is very open minded, so any tips for him would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Due early sept 2018, to complete our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're following the FGD, you're not doing the swaying advocated by this site. Same with biorhythms, moon signs and all of that scientifically disproven stuff.

Read about this forum's LE diet. I personally followed it before knowing about swaying and got a girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome fellow Aussie.

I can understand the desperation to get this 'right'. I've been researching sway stuff for almost a year and won't even ttc til first part of next year.

I'm not a girl swayer obviously so some of the specifics will escape me but it does seem like you're using some strategies promoted by some of the old school swaying sites, many of which are quite different from what most women do here. Many women here are seasoned swayers and have moved away from things like the FGD, Mg/Ca, long cutoffs, ions, moon phases etc. Most pink swayers here are following the LE diet and having one attempt at +opk. It is however "your sway your way" round here so if there are strategies you're passionate about that's your choice.

There will obviously be more pink swayers dropping past to give you their opinions on the specifics. GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I did notice that, and I have read about it, including the studies related to it, and I'm not closed off to the idea. My only concern was that diet is low in magnesium and calcium and that was the diet I was on when my boys were conceived. Also I am worried about weight loss with that diet. I just thought maybe it wouldn't be affective for me, but I could be wrong.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be so confusing, and your right, I'm very desperate to get it right! If I'm honest, I will be totally devastated if this doesn't work. However, my ds2 was born with a birth defect, so health is my number one concern.

I'll keep looking into that diet, and hopefully will receive some more information from other pink swayers!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Magnesium and Calcium are not the only minerals in the world. Most people are very deficient in magnesium and don't realize and and plenty go on to have boys, so magnesium alone won't play a factor. It is your overall health that plays a factor as well as the frequency of intercourse. There may have been things you were unknowingly doing that were improving your health at that time.

Basically, improvement in health and fertility sways blue and a decline in health and fertility sways pink. There is no way that the body would interpret supplementation as a decline in health unless it was toxic doses

My two cents. Best of luck!
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thank you for your input! So basically the suggestion is to follow Le diet, and avoid the supplementation, perhaps focus more on my other sway elements like timing, ph altering etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Made2mumma if you dont have the weight to lose the you need to just try and maintain. You'll likely need to do the upper limits of the LE diet order to do so, especially if you will be doing the cardio (not sure being naturally underwieght that cardio is for you ) I would never recommend a 4 day cut off - your odds of conceiving from that are slim at best. What's getting results is LE diet for 12+ weeks prior to conceiving and one attempt (usually done at pos opk). Other strong tactics are the cardio and clomid or femara if you can get it. Stay away from aspirin unless your taking it for medical reasons. The magnesium, calcium and peppermint tea Atomic will advise on. Moon cycles and other owt's are up to you but I wouldn't be skipping a cycle based on any of these. Something will always line up when something else doesn't if you get what I mean....

Can you provide a bit more info as in your current weight and bmi for when atomic answers.

Good luck! All the best!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Made2Mumma View Post
    Ok, thank you for your input! So basically the suggestion is to follow Le diet, and avoid the supplementation, perhaps focus more on my other sway elements like timing, ph altering etc?
    You are more than welcome to look at the pH and timing options but our results have shown they aren't helpful. Timing has been totally debunked (same number of girls and boys are concieved each day of fertile window) so if you can let go of that idea it removes some stress. Many experienced swayers have given up on the pH stuff after seeing so many pH opposites. Many of the pH things can also hinder conception so better chances of getting pregnant if you can let that go too. Our results show that one attempt in the fertile window (irrespective of the actual day relative to O) does sway pink.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your respone! My weight is 48kg and bmi is 17.8.

So basically everything I'm thinking is wrong lol, good thing im here I think!
    I have been looking at the spreadsheets and have taken most of my cues from what induvdual factors caused a higher success rate for others. I know some of the sample sizes aren't big so perhaps not as accurate to base my attempt on.
    I guess my main concern is that I really wanted to feel like I was doing something different then what I have done in the past. And conceiving closely around ovulation and the Le diet wouldn't be that much of a change. Are the other elements enough to sway confidently? Obviously I wasn't doing any of these other factors then. Naturally I'm a pretty fertile person, from a very fertile family, so I assume I am swayed to blue!

So are you suggesting that I do cardio or that I shouldn't?
    Should I be drinking coffee or alcohol? If so, how much?

I appreciate everyone's help so far, it's so much information to get your head around, and I feel so much pressure to get it right!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast