Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with TTC girl - Am I too late???

Hi,

I'm so happy to have found this site, but I think I found it too late!

I'm 37 and my husband is 44 and we are about to try and conceive our third baby (I have a 5 yr old DD and 2.5yr old DS, and had one miscarriage the month before I conceived my daughter). With my DD we didn't sway and with my son we used shettles timing (obviously we just got lucky as I have since read there is no truth to it). We are planning to try this cycle (Im on CD5 already!) and whilst just checking up on the shuttles timing for girls (which was the plan), I happened across this site and am now kicking myself for not researching sooner!

my biggest concern is that I think I have had more of a boy diet and I have very slowly put on weight over the last 2 months (2-2.5 pounds). I have done only an occasional exercise class and have been taking a prenatal vitamin for the last 3 weeks (and folate for the 2 months prior to that)

I started doing the LE diet today since I only just discovered it - but wondering if there is any point to it for 8-10 days (I'm willing to try), even if just to bring my odds less boy than I think they are now. I have also stopped the prenatal today and am planning to just go back to the folate - how long does it generally take to leave your system, or should I have just stayed on them?

I was planning to attempt once in the fertile window as you now recommend by e4d starting cd5 but in saying that my husband has had to go away tonight and will also be away cd10 so not sure what to do now? I normally have a consistent 28 day cycle and ovulate around day 15, but my last cycle was 23 days and I think I ovulated around day 12. As he is older I was thinking we should at least attempt e4d rather than full abstinence, but Im unsure now of when we should attempt it? Is it worth attempting just cd9 before he goes away or just waiting for CD11 (whilst also BD on CD 6 or 7) and hope that it isn't too late? I will be using opk's. I just have the POAS but also have invested in the clear blue ones to use alongside but i haven't used these before?

We are still planning to try this cycle (due to timing of school years) but obviously there isn't much I can probably do to help sway pink in the next 8-10 days or is it worth trying the above things or any other suggestions?? Obviously if we aren't successful this month, it will give me more time on the diet etc.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated x
    Last edited by onemoregirl; August 8th, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Changing diet for a week isn't going to do anything. Our stats show 12+ weeks is best. If you want to TTC right away you could just do one attempt at pos OPK or do e4d. Prenatal vitamins sway blue. Most pink swayers take only folate.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed, if you want to try this month then you can at least do the one attempt as that sways pink. I'd consider BD CD 9 and CD 13/14. That'd cover you (a longer shot) incase of O at CD 12 and also then if you O as per normal at cd15. Starting LE won't help for this cycle but can't hurt if you do get bfn this month and it takes a few weeks. GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!
    I was pretty sure the LE diet would do nothing this month but I'm going to stick at it so if I'm not successful I will have at least been on the LE diet for longer for next cycle.
    Any idea how long it will take for the prenatals to get out of your system? I could kick myself as up until a month ago I was just on folate!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it can't hurt to start LE Diet now and then if you get BFN this month you'll have longer on diet.

THe important thing is one attempt. What I would do is have your hubby release on his own or with you, with a condom, every 2-4 days starting right away.. Go ahead and have an attempt CD 9 (this will be very unlikely to amount to anything) and then again on CD 11 when he gets back and again on CD 15. This will cover us in case your O is back to normal again this month and also if it's early.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregirl View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!
    I was pretty sure the LE diet would do nothing this month but I'm going to stick at it so if I'm not successful I will have at least been on the LE diet for longer for next cycle.
    Any idea how long it will take for the prenatals to get out of your system? I could kick myself as up until a month ago I was just on folate!
    hey, for all we know, being on them and dropping them may sway pink too. (I don't recommend it as a sway tactic but we honestly don't know how it works). When things like this happen, and they invariably do, I think it's best to treat it mentally as God/the universe/Lady Luck lending us a hand to actually make our sway better.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, I really appreciate you getting back to me!
    I wish I had read this earlier as we BD unprotected last night (CD7) as I was worried about the fact that he is older and needing to get some release in. I then thought we would just attempt again on CD 11 when he returned (so sticking to e4d) thinking that would be ok - BUT then today I got my first flashing smiley this morning (Though non flashy digital was negative and stick was possibly was slightly darker) So I'm thinking it may go positive tomorrow (cd 9) or the next day (cd10) and I'm thinking cd11 could be too late for girl attempt now? CD 9 probably would have been perfect! Not sure why I'm all of a sudden having shorter cycles these last 2 months? So wondering now what the game plan should be. Was thinking he release on cd9 and then we attempt on cd11? Thinking I might have really stuffed this up for any chance at a girl attempt I had! Thanks for any advice you can give Atomic x
    Last edited by onemoregirl; August 10th, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to cry! I realised I've just interpreted the e4d wrongly. I was thinking having done bd cd7 that e4d would be cd11 but I now realise it should be cd10! There is a very slight chance I could convince my husband to bd cd 10 am before he goes away for the night but it would probably be 4am so that's probably closer to cd 9 anyway? I did another poas ovulation test this afternoon and it was definitely darker so based on that I suspect at some point tomorrow (cd9) I will get a positive opk.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, I really appreciate you getting back to me!
    I wish I had read this earlier as we BD unprotected last night (CD7) as I was worried about the fact that he is older and needing to get some release in. I then thought we would just attempt again on CD 11 when he returned (so sticking to e4d) thinking that would be ok - BUT then today I got my first flashing smiley this morning (Though non flashy digital was negative and stick was possibly was slightly darker) So I'm thinking it may go positive tomorrow (cd 9) or the next day (cd10) and I'm thinking cd11 could be too late for girl attempt now? CD 9 probably would have been perfect! Not sure why I'm all of a sudden having shorter cycles these last 2 months? So wondering now what the game plan should be. Was thinking he release on cd9 and then we attempt on cd11? Thinking I might have really stuffed this up for any chance at a girl attempt I had! Thanks for any advice you can give Atomic x
    No that's not stuffed up at all, CD 7 really is slim to no chance of conception. Anything from 2-4 days release is fine, you haven't harmed anything not having a release between CD 7 and 11 *if that is even how it works out! You may NOT get a positive on CD 9/10

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to cry! I realised I've just interpreted the e4d wrongly. I was thinking having done bd cd7 that e4d would be cd11 but I now realise it should be cd10! There is a very slight chance I could convince my husband to bd cd 10 am before he goes away for the night but it would probably be 4am so that's probably closer to cd 9 anyway? I did another poas ovulation test this afternoon and it was definitely darker so based on that I suspect at some point tomorrow (cd9) I will get a positive opk.
    Ok. Deep breath. none of this is as important as you are making it. It's perfectly fine to attempt CD 9 or CD 11. Seriously, the CD 7 attempt has NO chance at an egg, you're just not fertile then 999 times out of 1000 and it doesn't count.

The e4d can be done with BD on the 4th day (CD 10) OR with 4 days between (CD 11) Both are still e4d, either option is still ok (especially given that the CD 7 round has no real chance at the egg). Please try not to worry, either way it is all good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast