Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Girl - not sure if i'm on the right track

Hi Ladies,

Every time I look at this site I read something that make me question my TTC girl gender swaying plan. So, I think it's time to ask for some help. Please let me know your thoughts.

DW 41yo, DH 40yo, DS 5yo, DS 2yo

I've had a Mirena for approx 2 years and just removed that a few weeks ago. I'd been recording dates of AF but not sure how reliable they are from when the Mirena was in. Recently my cycle has been irregular between 25-35 days long, used to be more regular (27-29 days) before my 2nd pregnancy which was pre-Mirena. I'm using FertilityTracker to record everything and have started taking BBT each day, noting CM, and have OPK's to start using.

I've been on a weight loss journey for a year. Lost 13kg in 1 year. Last 4 months have been aiming for 80g carb, 100g protein, 30g fat. Most weeks I'm doing 1 x 30 min weights, 1 x 90 min cardio (Ultimate Frisbee game), and 1 x 20 min cardio (treadmill). Should I drop the exercise or increase to 60 mins per day most days of the week? I've still got about 5 kg's that I'd be comfortable losing.

I'd like to do the LE diet with 1 attempt in the fertile window.
    I'm not entirely clear on what the LE diet is. Is it just a matter of sticking to 1800-2000 cals, 50g protein, 30g fat? Or is there more to it? Are there foods to avoid or include?
    As I've already been losing weight, do you think I still need to be on the LE diet for 12+ weeks before TTC.

1 week ago I started taking 100mcg Aspirin, 500mcg Folic Acid, 150mcg Iodine, 1 x peppermint tea, 1 glass of wine (most days)
    Should I continue with these? Anything I should drop or add?

1 week ago DH started taking 100 mcg Olive Leaf Extract and 2 x peppermint tea.
    Should he continue with these? Anything I should drop or add?

That's all my questions for now. Thank you for reading.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no benefit to tracking your cycles, temping, and monitoring CM as all these things change dramatically while swaying. OPK can help though so keep up with those.

Exercise has gotten such good results that yes I do want you to continue that. The weights 1x a week should be ok, most people will give that up totally but one time a week should not hurt anything.

Yes, the main part of the LE Diet is exactly that. I think you should up protein to 50-60 g though and be sure you're getting most of your protein and fat from vegetable sources instead of animal. Also be sure most of your carbs are coming from fruit, veg, and whole grains instead of white, refined grains.

Are you on aspirin under advice of a doctor?? If not, if this is meant for swaying, please wean off of that by spacing doses (after only a week it should be ok to just drop, but let's play it safe). No one should ever be taking aspirin daily, and we have all but given up on it (except those who need it for medical reasons) because it's had many more risks and side effects for both you and a potential pregnancy, and additionally it hasn't worked for swaying anyway so I'd have you drop that totally.

I would increase folic to 1000 or even 1500 (that is 2 or 3 of the tablets you are taking, spaced out over the day to boost absorption).

Most of us are using coffee as a pink sway tactic so I'd add that.

Everything else is looking good!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Girl - not sure if i'm on the right track

Thank you for your feedback Atomic. I really appreciate your time and knowledge.

I will drop Aspirin and increase folic acid. I'm also plan on increasing exercise to add in 3 walks per week.

Is it OK to take iodine now, or should I wait until BFP?

What are your thoughts on shallow release and DW having big O? Are these likely to affect a sway?

I've never been a coffee drinker but have just added a morning coffee to start me off. Is there a recommendation on how many coffees to have each day? Is decaf as effective as caffeinated?

Are you happy with DH taking peppermint tea and Olive leaf extract? What does Olive leaf extract do? Are there any other diet or supplement changes he can do / not do?
    Last edited by FinalPinkWish; August 12th, 2017 at 09:12 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd start iodine now unless you're eating fish or shellfish 2x a week.

Shallow release has never been proven to sway and I find that it really cuts odds of conception.

We have a silly thread on Big O and swaying here to O, or no? Orgasms and swaying

People have between 1-3 coffees a day. If you haven't been drinking it, it's probable that less sways as strongly for you as someone who was drinking a moderate amount and increases it (hope that makes sense!)

We don't know if decaf is as effective as caffeinated. I wish we could study that!

Pep tea and OLE are something many people use, I don't think they're as strong swayers as some other things but are fine if you want to try them. We don't know what OLE is really supposed to do. It was recommended by a doctor online and some people feel they've had success with it. I'm not sold on it as you can maybe tell, even though some of us have seemed to have success with it, I'm just not quite convinced that this is a real finding yet. it's fine to give it to DH, certainly doesn't sway blue, at any rate!!!

Many people give their husbands soy milk or soy foods. Smoking and jogging or biking also may help (and these two things I do have a high level of confidence in, as opposed to OLE!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post