Thread: TTC Boy help

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Boy help

Sorry if this is tmi but I was hoping to get some input. I am ttc a boy next month and have noticed that I have pretty good EWCM for a couple days and then the second I get my LH surge/ positive opk I get really dry up to ovulating which is about 24-30 hours later. This concerns me bc that means my main BD attempts (at positive opk, the next morning and next night BD are all happening when I have little to no EWCM. Can I do anything about this? I've been taking mucinex with no results. Should I rearrange my BD attempts? I feel super discouraged and worried that maybe I'm just not boy friendly around Ovulation. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    2013 2015 .....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From seeing this kind of question around the place before I think it's important to remember that what you observe on the outside is not necessarily a reflection of what's present on the inside. There is likely more inside then you have evidence of. I would not shift BD attempts to coincide with cm as it can be off from O time, go with what the opk indicate. Some blue swayers use preseed also. GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. That's what I was thinking. Is this common? I do feel like it's how I've always been. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I conceived my last daughter using preseed so I had been on the fence about using it but I had a lot of other girl factors in play with her. How much preseed is the right amount and how far in advance before BD should it be used? I'm sure it's best at body temp but I'm not sure how long that would take. Also my friend conceived her son using an instead cup but I think I read here that that's a no? Wondering if that would be a good idea for me since I don't have much EWCM around o time. I use them for my periods on occasion so I'm familiar with putting them in appropriately. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks for the advice!
    2013 2015 .....

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agh, I read this and then had it open since I wanted to post the link to your Custom Forum and then something happened and I must have closed without posting.

Betty, if you post here in your Custom Sway Forum you will get a way faster response!! https://genderdreaming.com/forum/com...o-ttc-boy.html

This is TOTALLY normal, what you're describing. it is actually the most common pattern I see EWCM come in. What you have to keep in the back of your mind is a) there is always more up inside where you cannot see, than what you can and b) we evolved in a world without daily baths to wash that stuff away.

So what I would do (provided you are not hung up on Shettles timing, that is) is have one attempt on the day you feel is going to be your peak day of EWCM. And then still have the 3 around positive OPK like we've talked about already. That way, if there is anything to this idea for you, you're still covered, you'll still for sure be in with at least one attempt when the CM is egg white.

I got a boy in a month where I had ZERO EWCM. I mean, none. I was testing with pH sticks 2-3 times a day and my pH never went up and I didn't even know I"d ovulated, that's how little I had!! My pH didn't go up until after I had already ovuated. And he is all boy! It is totally possible to get a boy without lots of CM, I promise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyBlue View Post
    Thank you. That's what I was thinking. Is this common? I do feel like it's how I've always been. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I conceived my last daughter using preseed so I had been on the fence about using it but I had a lot of other girl factors in play with her. How much preseed is the right amount and how far in advance before BD should it be used? I'm sure it's best at body temp but I'm not sure how long that would take. Also my friend conceived her son using an instead cup but I think I read here that that's a no? Wondering if that would be a good idea for me since I don't have much EWCM around o time. I use them for my periods on occasion so I'm familiar with putting them in appropriately. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks for the advice!
    It is totally the most commonly reported EWCM pattern I have on here!! It is one of the main reasons why I know for a fact that all those people who try to use EWCM to hit certain timing methods are getting it all wrong - many of them are BD 2 days before O even happens and thinking they did their attempt on ovulation day!

No instead cup. Please. Unless you get lucky, it's pretty much just sealing the cervix shut. I have seen tons of people get girls using the Instead Cup and more than that getting BFN for ages that way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ