Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin2014 View Post
    Yes we did a lot of research. We are currently with a Canadian fertility clinic who could have been our satellite option.
    The grand total was 18k usd for the egg retrieval cycle and one frozen embryo cycle with PGD and storage. So roughly 25k Canadian at the time . If you had to go another round it was an additional 7k.
    Oh now I see. I didn't realize it included a FET and storage as well and that you were converting to CAD. That makes sense.

I tend to put my blinders on and only think in terms of USD so I don't realize how much $$ we've actually sunk into this
    Last edited by nicoler; September 16th, 2017 at 04:15 PM.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand!
    I need to update my signiture from a pc but we unfortunately lost our second daughter at 20 weeks in june. That's when I started researching like mad on ivf and gender selection. We have decided for now to attempt to sway again.
    What is the cost of cyprus? USA was quoting me $30k for one round with PGD.
    I'm sorry to hear that Did you just do a natural sway with your first daughter? I'm also thinking that could be an option but I feel like it's such a huge chance that perhaps Cyprus and then if that doesn't work we could sway. I'm not intense about wanting a daughter, I just think it would be fabulous! I'm 37 next week so time's a ticking! Not sure about cost for Cyprus, think around $10k? Honestly can't afford more than $20k CAD so would rather go with Genesis as I've read so many amazing stories. My husband is from the UK so we'd combine it with a trip there - really not expensive flights at all so that's a positive! When will you start to sway again?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    $30K sounds steep...which clinic was this? I think HRC is around $16K USD nowadays but there are cheaper US clinics that still have good stats. If you do choose to go overseas PLEASE go into this process very well versed on the process and medication protocols and be able to advocate for yourself vs. blindly trusting their advice. I've been at this a long time, had great pretesting going into the process and conceived my boys easily and it has not been easy for me. Even at a clinic with an 80% live birth rate. There are no guarantees with this process and I would go in fully expecting to need 2 cycles, and possibly more if you go the Cyprus route. The medications and retrieval process isn't the easiest on the body (and the emotional aspect is VERY tough) so you really don't want to have to cycle more than you need to. In all honesty (and depending on your pretesting) it might be worth it to spend more upfront with a bettter clinic than cycle again and again overseas. It might also be worth checking into local monitoring clinics - they may be more hesitant to rewrite prescriptions etc. from a non-American Dr.
    Great points actually. I'm still at the beginning stages of this. Honestly don't want to spend more than 20k CAD which is why Genesis in Cyprus is appealing - not to mention the amazing stories I've read surrounding the Dr there. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the USA clinics are top notch, but I just can't afford it. My husband is from the UK and a flight to Cyprus from England is about $200 and from Toronto to England you can get for $800 so the travel isn't a huge issue... But yes about the medications, etc. I honestly don't know anything about it all!!!! So I'm here to get started. A long information journey ahead no doubt!!!! Any advice is always welcome

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasboys View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Did you just do a natural sway with your first daughter? I'm also thinking that could be an option but I feel like it's such a huge chance that perhaps Cyprus and then if that doesn't work we could sway. I'm not intense about wanting a daughter, I just think it would be fabulous! I'm 37 next week so time's a ticking! Not sure about cost for Cyprus, think around $10k? Honestly can't afford more than $20k CAD so would rather go with Genesis as I've read so many amazing stories. My husband is from the UK so we'd combine it with a trip there - really not expensive flights at all so that's a positive! When will you start to sway again?
    Yes we did 2 natural girl sways and they were successful. I am hoping and praying this last one is successful as well!
    We started last month. I am about to start Clomid today on cycle #2 after the miscarrage. I hope this is my cycle!
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we did 2 natural girl sways and they were successful. I am hoping and praying this last one is successful as well!
    We started last month. I am about to start Clomid today on cycle #2 after the miscarrage. I hope this is my cycle!
    Good luck!!! Will clomid increase your chances of it being a girl?? Or do they prescribe it because of the m/c? I'm so sorry that happened - hopefully it's only positives from here. I have a friend who lost her daughter at twenty weeks - she only found out it was a girl after the report came back to her.. Her first baby as well so tough All the best to you though - I'm sure you'll be successful again

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!!! Will clomid increase your chances of it being a girl?? Or do they prescribe it because of the m/c? I'm so sorry that happened - hopefully it's only positives from here. I have a friend who lost her daughter at twenty weeks - she only found out it was a girl after the report came back to her.. Her first baby as well so tough All the best to you though - I'm sure you'll be successful again
    Thank You!
    I am using it mostly for my sway. It is giving me major side effects though so I am thinking this is my last month using it.

Some days I go back to thinking about going for ivf again in the states. Especially since it took a long time to get pregnant with my last daughter and the thought of going through the bfn for months kills me. I am just praying it happens for me.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You!
    I am using it mostly for my sway. It is giving me major side effects though so I am thinking this is my last month using it.

Some days I go back to thinking about going for ivf again in the states. Especially since it took a long time to get pregnant with my last daughter and the thought of going through the bfn for months kills me. I am just praying it happens for me.
    I can imagine - all that waiting is so tough eh? I have emailed my Cyprus clinic hoping to get some prices, but I have yet to hear back!!! I am sure it is somewhere in one of the forums, but I can't find the actual cost for what I am after. Did you do IVF before? If you said so, I must have missed it. #mombrain Was it for your boys then? Why didn't you do it in Canada, if so? I think you get one free now???

8. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by johigarcia View Post
    Hello mamasboys, welcome to the forum. I hope you will get a good clinic soon.
    Thank you!!!!!!!! Still trying to figure it all out!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can imagine - all that waiting is so tough eh? I have emailed my Cyprus clinic hoping to get some prices, but I have yet to hear back!!! I am sure it is somewhere in one of the forums, but I can't find the actual cost for what I am after. Did you do IVF before? If you said so, I must have missed it. #mombrain Was it for your boys then? Why didn't you do it in Canada, if so? I think you get one free now???
    No never done ivf. I just considered after losing my daughter bc I wanted to guarantee a healthy chromosomal embryo and gender of our choice.
    Canada doesn't do gender selection. Ivf here isn't free. It's still around $12k.
    Luckily though I am getting monitoring with a clinic here to track ovulation etc. All free. So greatful for that!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No never done ivf. I just considered after losing my daughter bc I wanted to guarantee a healthy chromosomal embryo and gender of our choice.
    Canada doesn't do gender selection. Ivf here isn't free. It's still around $12k.
    Luckily though I am getting monitoring with a clinic here to track ovulation etc. All free. So greatful for that!
    Ah okay I see. I have a friend on the list for a free cycle of IVF - not sure where you are, but definitely in Ontario. It's called the Ontario Fertility Program (started in 2014/2015?) - same in Quebec, but there they get two cycles. Yes, def know they don't do PGD here! The IVF wait list here is so long - obviously not an option for us as we don't have fertility issues, but my BF and her husband do, so they have been on the list since it began! Don't know about meds though - think they might be covered to a a point. Oh well, it's all such a waiting game regardless isn't it? I am not sure I will ever make a decision!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast