Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Canadian Newbie seeking IVF/PGD Baby Girl!

Hi all!
    Just joined to get some more info on some of the clinics in Cyprus for IVF/PGD/PGS (not sure of all the acronyms just yet!) I am 36, but healthy and conceived two lovely boys naturally (2 and 4 now). I read a post before I became a member that I could find more info on the "stickies" if I joined, so here I am. Still not sure what the "stickies" are, so feel free to fill me in!
    Thanks for having me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! There are a few of us Canadians around here

Can I ask why you are considering Cyprus? Many US clinics have superior statistics and our proximity to the US for travel makes it a whole lot easier than heading overseas if you don't have to....
    Last edited by nicoler; September 15th, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are also in Canada and considered gender selection after our loss. We found some GREAT USA ones.
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

4. Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the price to be honest! Only way we can afford to do it

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The USA clinics look great, but with no guarantees I think Cyprus is for us if we do need a second or third round! Congrats!!

7. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasboys View Post
    The USA clinics look great, but with no guarantees I think Cyprus is for us if we do need a second or third round! Congrats!!
    I totally understand!
    I need to update my signiture from a pc but we unfortunately lost our second daughter at 20 weeks in june. That's when I started researching like mad on ivf and gender selection. We have decided for now to attempt to sway again.
    What is the cost of cyprus? USA was quoting me $30k for one round with PGD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    $30K sounds steep...which clinic was this? I think HRC is around $16K USD nowadays but there are cheaper US clinics that still have good stats. If you do choose to go overseas PLEASE go into this process very well versed on the process and medication protocols and be able to advocate for yourself vs. blindly trusting their advice. I've been at this a long time, had great pretesting going into the process and conceived my boys easily and it has not been easy for me. Even at a clinic with an 80% live birth rate. There are no guarantees with this process and I would go in fully expecting to need 2 cycles, and possibly more if you go the Cyprus route. The medications and retrieval process isn't the easiest on the body (and the emotional aspect is VERY tough) so you really don't want to have to cycle more than you need to. In all honesty (and depending on your pretesting) it might be worth it to spend more upfront with a bettter clinic than cycle again and again overseas. It might also be worth checking into local monitoring clinics - they may be more hesitant to rewrite prescriptions etc. from a non-American Dr.

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    arrived May 2018

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, which US clinics do you recommend? We're on the verge of booking a consultation with The Fertility Institutes in New York but I would like to be sure we're choosing the best clinic before we book. We are travelling from the UK & will be in New York in November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes melissadeland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used HRC and was happy with them, but there are many others that have nearly as good of stats. It's worth it to become a Dream member on this site as you'll have access to past cycle diaries and tons of info. Most of the girls that have done gender selection ivf only tend to post on the private member boards. With your membership you also get a free consult and $1000 off your cycle with Dr Braverman (in NY) or Dr Potter (HRC).

It's also worth your time to check out the sart website, they're an organization that reports on the most recently available statistics for clinics in the States. I believe Gender Dreaming also has an area with clinic stats as well.

arrived May 2018

13. Thanks jolouprocter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoler View Post
    $30K sounds steep...which clinic was this? I think HRC is around $16K USD nowadays but there are cheaper US clinics that still have good stats. If you do choose to go overseas PLEASE go into this process very well versed on the process and medication protocols and be able to advocate for yourself vs. blindly trusting their advice. I've been at this a long time, had great pretesting going into the process and conceived my boys easily and it has not been easy for me. Even at a clinic with an 80% live birth rate. There are no guarantees with this process and I would go in fully expecting to need 2 cycles, and possibly more if you go the Cyprus route. The medications and retrieval process isn't the easiest on the body (and the emotional aspect is VERY tough) so you really don't want to have to cycle more than you need to. In all honesty (and depending on your pretesting) it might be worth it to spend more upfront with a bettter clinic than cycle again and again overseas. It might also be worth checking into local monitoring clinics - they may be more hesitant to rewrite prescriptions etc. from a non-American Dr.
    Yes we did a lot of research. We are currently with a Canadian fertility clinic who could have been our satellite option.
    The grand total was 18k usd for the egg retrieval cycle and one frozen embryo cycle with PGD and storage. So roughly 25k Canadian at the time . If you had to go another round it was an additional 7k.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast