Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Announcing my pregnancy to a judgemental family...

Hello everyone!
    My husband and I are expecting our 6th baby we have all girls and just found out that this one is a girl too. I told my side of the family which was VERY supportive and happy for us. My husband's side of the family is a different story. My husband told his mom that we are expecting and she didn't seem the least bit excited and she said "oh...another girl" and then started watching TV. We told her we made plans to tell his dad but she said "well prepare for him to not have a good reaction about it." She also went onto saying prepare for people in the family to talk and gossip. I understand people are going to have their opinions regardless, I just wanted to know of a way to announce it to the judgmental family members. My husband is 31 and I'm 29. This isn't our first rodeo especially with raising yet another little girl. My husband and I are completely excited and I think EVERY pregnancy should be celebrated no matter how many kids someone has. Any advice would be appreciated because she has completely bummed us out with even wanting to say anything at all! Thank you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mashea09 Congratulations!!

ignore them!! you have the most amazing family i dont know if you swayed blue or were hoping for a boy/girl or if you feel any sort of disappointment so this might not be helpful and i apologize if its not.. but for what it is worth you have my dream large all girl family, i cant imagine anything more amazing than 6 beautiful girls

is it an option for you guys to just announce that you are pregnant but say that you are having a surprise? i find people are much less rude when there is a baby in front of them, and if they want to go ahead and hate all over a newborn then they clearly have their own issues..

or announce that this is girl #6 and OWN it!!!! tell them how thrilled you are and again if they want to rain on the parade that is their problem and just shows them up to be quite bitter. im sorry you are being made to feel this way the only people who truly matter in all this are you, your dh and your children and if you guys are happy then thats all that matters xx
    now 6blue5pink

3. Likes Mashea09, NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I think I'm just going to post it and if people want to be negative they don't have to be involved! A pregnancy is supposed to be an exciting time! It just really upsets me the way they are acting about it. I was thinking of just saying we are expecting but not saying the gender until she is born.

5. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your pending arrival!
    I can so sympathise – I have 2 girls and have found out I am expecting the 3rd – and we haven’t announced gender as yet (bar to my parents who are really excited).
    I know the comments will be negative – like people can’t think of something nice to say about the joy of the arrival of a healthy baby, regardless of its’ gender!
    I don’t know how far along you are – but since we haven’t announced the pregnancy “officially” to the world yet (I am barely 13 weeks but we did the NIPT so know gender already), we will announce pregnancy and gender all at once, so people don’t even get a chance to say how much they wish for our sake for it to be a boy etc… cutting them short is in my view the best way to deal with it.
    If pregnancy is known to all already, I think just gushing about how happy you are about your new addition, and how thrilled you all are to add another girl to your tribe makes it harder for people to comment negatively?
    I hope you’ll be surprised by people’s reactions, in a good way, and try not to let your in-laws remove any of the excitement that comes with this new baby girl.
    She will be just as precious as her sisters
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

7. Likes NACIREMADREAM, Mashea09 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did the same. We announced gender and baby at the same time. My in-laws are never excited for us regardless of genders. Mine didn't even call us when we lost our precious baby girl at 20 weeks to ask how we are doing. My mil doesn't even know her name or if she is burried or not etc. We have basically shut them out of our life after this.
    When we get pregnant again... I may not even tell them.
    Just hold your own. Every pregnancy and baby is a miracle and they should be greatful to have another precious grand daughter!
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

9. Likes NACIREMADREAM, Mashea09 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all let me encourage you that you are not alone in this. We told my husbands family that we were expecting and these were the comments. No lie.
    "I can't believe you want more. Isn't 3 enough?"
    "Well, I hope you're done now. You're done after this one, right?"
    "Please don't have anymore. I don't have room on my bracelet for another grandchilds name!"
    I literally almost threw my shoe at her during that last comment!! Seriously, my husband thought he may have needed to hold me back. Ridiculous.
    Here's my advice. Do not allow others criticism and cynical view of life change your view of the joy that awaits. You are having a precious baby! And that alone is a miracle and absolutely wonderful! And 6 girls!!! How beautiful!! They are so blessed to have each other as sisters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes NACIREMADREAM, Mashea09 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! I'll be 13 weeks this friday, I was able to get the blood work done to test for everything. Congratulations to you as well!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! I'll be 13 weeks this friday, I was able to get the blood work done to test for everything. I want to thank each and every one of you for the encouragement I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one that feels this way. I just have to take the good with the bad. I know the ones that care will be there for my family and be supportive and that's all I need. My husband's family has always been hard nosed but I feel like now that this is our 6th baby they are so negative about it. You all definitely lifted my spirits about the situation and gave me some clarity thank you so much ❤️

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with you on this also, we are currently pregnant with #6 we have 5 boys already and my in laws are never excited and we only get criticism when we have told them of previous pregnancies and get asked/told we should be done. I swear my in laws think my hubby has no say in us having kids, I swear his mum thinks I must jump on him while he is sleeping...lol!!!

Im on 6 weeks atm and don't know the gender and haven't told anyone about the pregnancy except my parents and my best friend whom are all so happy for us. But as soon as we announce I know the comments we will get especially with regards to gender. They will think we just want a girl and that's why we had another baby, yet we know more than anyone it could be another boy and it's another child we want but hey we always seem to have to justify.

I have even been trying to think of ways to announce the pregnancy to basically say screw you all and comments about gender, not thought of a great way yet

Mashea you have an amazing family and congratulations, please just enjoy your pregnancy and baby girl and ignore the negativity of others, whom I'm sure will just be jealous of you and your fabulous family. Xxx
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

15. Likes atomic sagebrush, Mashea09 liked this post