Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Prenatal Gummies & coffee

Hi all! I am very early in my pregnancy. This will be my 3rd child. I am 100% I can't stomach Prenatals or Flinstones once I hit 5 weeks. I just googled prenatal gummies with DHA and there are so many I felt overwhelmed. Any recommendations? I am in the USA.

Also I became anemic my last pregnancy. So anemic I was fainting everyday at work. I couldn't even kneel at church because I would faint. My body felt awful. What are the best iron pills to take that are small and will give me minimal gagging? My last pregnancy I stopped taking them because just looking at the pill made me start dry heaving. I was also on Zofran.

Also I drink coffee every morning. Can I continue that? It's just 1 cup.

Thank you!!!
    DS then swayed for a DD in 2014...and got her! Now back to sway for a girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Literally everyone I know IRL had coffee in their pregnancies and I personally think sane intake is fine.

I think you are going to be better off trying the ones WITHOUT DHA. I feel like the DHA gives them an off flavor which is only going to compound your ability to get them down. I only tried gummies once and that was enough (for that reason) I swear I could taste the fish in them. Hoping others chime in with their experience.

Now iron, I have taken and this is the kind I SWEAR by. https://www.amazon.com/Feosol-Comple.../dp/B00AKZTN6M I have been anemic off and on my whole life since I was a child (so taken all different kinds of iron) and during my last pregnancy I got very, very anemic, feeling faint, palpitations, and the whole 9 yards. I stumbled onto that Feosol brand and it was the only kind I ever took that didn't make me get super sick and better yet, actually worked - since usually I'd take the supps and they didn't even help my iron levels any. So that's a brand that has worked for me.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Literally everyone I know IRL had coffee in their pregnancies and I personally think sane intake is fine.

I think you are going to be better off trying the ones WITHOUT DHA. I feel like the DHA gives them an off flavor which is only going to compound your ability to get them down. I only tried gummies once and that was enough (for that reason) I swear I could taste the fish in them. Hoping others chime in with their experience.

Now iron, I have taken and this is the kind I SWEAR by. https://www.amazon.com/Feosol-Comple.../dp/B00AKZTN6M I have been anemic off and on my whole life since I was a child (so taken all different kinds of iron) and during my last pregnancy I got very, very anemic, feeling faint, palpitations, and the whole 9 yards. I stumbled onto that Feosol brand and it was the only kind I ever took that didn't make me get super sick and better yet, actually worked - since usually I'd take the supps and they didn't even help my iron levels any. So that's a brand that has worked for me.
    I will definitely remember these iron pills you recommended. Thank you! My DR last time prescribed me some insane amount and I literally would hold the pill in my hand and start gagging. So awful!

I found some gummies without DHA. I think I am good there now!

Do I take the iron you recommended as preventative or wait until I am anemic to take them? Like I said, I was extremely anemic with my last pregnancy, moderately with first pregnancy, and had it 3 times in college.

Thank you!
    DS then swayed for a DD in 2014...and got her! Now back to sway for a girl.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take them now provided that there is not some massive amount in the prenatals. Most gummy prenatals have ZERO iron in them and so if yours is one of them, I'd take them daily. If not take 3x a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks TeacherMom thanked for this post