Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling Baby From the Outside

Hi all!

I just wanted to make a quick post to hear some feedback about being able to feel baby from the outside. I will be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow and for the past 2-ish weeks or so have been able to feel an obvious "mass" or bump on my belly when I lay flat on my back. This has to be the baby because the location coincides with where my uterus should be at this point and it isn't always in the same spot. I never remember being able to feel this so early on with my previous pregnancy! I guess it could relate to the location of my placenta this time, but DH and I were curious about how baby could bunch up at the top of my uterus like that when there is so much fluid/room at this point. Has anyone else experienced this early in the 2nd trimester?

Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! I remember being between 14-16 weeks with DS3 and feeling him balled up, pushing against my belly. I'd lie on my back and suddenly have this hard ball push out making my belly lopsided. It's really cool! I'd poke him a bit then he'd move away. Lol If your placenta isn't in the way and there's not much padding there, it's easier to feel/see.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks ittybitty626 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely is bub! I know I get poked back when I prod haha
    I was able to do that with my two 1st too, but then I have a very irritable uterus and I tend to contract at any movement from bub, so it tightens around bub lol could be the case for you too, even if you don’t actually feel any contraction per se
    Happy and healthy pregnancy to you! I’m just a week ahead of you – it’s starting to feel real now especially since I am not nauseated anymore
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

5. Thanks ittybitty626 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay, thank you both for the responses!! I was starting to worry that maybe it was not normal! I am really looking forward to feeling the stronger movements when baby is bigger. Such a cool feeling!
    Thanks so much for the feedback, ksmom! You were so sweet to look at my nub pictures too - I really appreciate that!
    Thank you so much LMSM! I am so glad that your nausea has subsided! I still have a little bit left but it is a HUGE improvement over how I felt during the first trimester! I am so anxious for my anatomy scan (both to check on baby and to find out girl/boy). I think it will feel much more real after that! 3.5 weeks to go!