Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it might be worth embellishing your story a little if you want to get prescription progesterone (basically a vaginal suppository or similar as apposed to the body cream you can buy in pharmacies without prescription) as depending where you are based they may not take you very seriously otherwise. I told mine i had been charting for approaching a year. In truth it was no way near as long as that but i knew they wouldnt listen otherwise.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks deaks66, yes your right - thats a good idea, just hope they are willing to help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryapple View Post
    Thanks so much Atomic, I'll book another app. ASAP.

I spoke to the doctor last time about Clomid, which they said they wouldn't give me because I have concieved my 2 children easily! But can you explain what 'prescription strength prog support' is? So I can go prepared, just feel the doctors are not taking my concerns seriously enough and didn't seem to concerned about my short LP last time.

Very frustrating
    it means you get it from your doctor via prescription rather than in a jar from the herb store. the stuff from the herb store is designed for menopausal women and has nowhere near the amount of prog. needed to sustain a pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The way I understand it is that they start right away. It will help with your luteal phase, my Dr told me I wont get a period on them so I need to test and get a bfn before going off to get my period.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryapple View Post
    Thanks mis2ninos, I think your right, she was really unsupportive and dismissive that I had any real problems and to make matters worse she was also heavily pregnant I felt so sad when I came away.

I will make another appointment wit a different doctor, and hopefully it will be a bit more successful.

Hope everything works out for you good luck, I wonder how the progesterone supplements take to get working?
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my advice is to wait for TWO neg. pg tests AFTER AF is due before stopping the prog.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry for the late reply, I had to go away and had no internet connection - very frustrating!
    Thank you so much for all the information about the prescription progesterone. I now have a doctors appointment but its not for another 2 weeks... I wanted to see a particular doctor so I've had to wait! It will be interesting to see if they will prescribe it or want to test my bloods again - I will keep you all posted. Thank you again for all your time

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad I read through this post because I too had short lp before going on bcp. I just got off them and waiting to see how my cycle is.
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also now experiencing a short luteal phase the last 2 months . I have been swaying girl for 16 weeks . Prior to my sway even with breastfeeding I have always been on a 28 day cycle. The last 2 cycles have been 22/23 days and I am getting a positive opk on day 13/14 . I am thinking this may be why I am not getting my BFP . All of our attempts have been 1 attempt at first possitive opk so this month we will try every 4 days unless there is a better solution .. I have dropped all supplements except fibre . My diet is 2 large meals a
    Day with one late night small meal ( all vegetarian ) . I believe I am eating about 1800-2000 calories a day although not counting but I do eat out a lot . I am breastfeeding 2-3 times a day and wanting to wean since my son is almost 2 ( however a little scared it could sway boy ) . Also power walking 5-6 days a week for 60-70 min. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do to get better chances of a BFP and longer luteal phase . I think it's too late to start vitex as I think it takes about 3 months to work properly .
    Last edited by Mommykisses; August 14th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop fiber.

When did you drop supplements in relation to today, and what were you taking?

Add in 1 serv. full fat dairy and 4-6 eggs a week.

DO NOT START VITEX!! That is like throwing gasoline on a flame. Your cycle and LP are short probably due to lower estrogen and vitex, while a godsend for people whose cycles are screwy due to HIGH estrogen, when your cycle has gotten weird from LOW estrogen (and it sounds to me like yours is) this can obviously make things much, much worse.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Drop fiber.

When did you drop supplements in relation to today, and what were you taking?

Add in 1 serv. full fat dairy and 4-6 eggs a week.

DO NOT START VITEX!! That is like throwing gasoline on a flame. Your cycle and LP are short probably due to lower estrogen and vitex, while a godsend for people whose cycles are screwy due to HIGH estrogen, when your cycle has gotten weird from LOW estrogen (and it sounds to me like yours is) this can obviously make things much, much worse.
    I believe it was two cycles ago that I dropped baby aspirin and pep. Tea ( I still have one cup of pep tea every now and then. It always have . and Dh dropped
    Soy/and licorice root . By adding the above foods in would this not sway boy ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast