Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very short luteal phase - advice desperately needed!

Please could any give me some advice, we have have been ttc girl for the past 7 months with no joy. My cycles have been very irregular, but hopefully my ovulation time is now finally settling down and seems to be around day 20.

My big concern is the length of my luteal phase, it is very short ranging from 6-9 days. I'm am ovulating at the moment and desperately want to get a BFP this month. Would it be worth taking 50-100mg of vitamin B6 (starting today from ov)? Also, I've just read a thread, suggesting drinking
    raspberry leaf tea? Would I take both, or is one faster acting - don't want to loose this month of trying!

Please has anyone else had a similar problem, got any advice or managed to still get pregnant with such a short luteal phase? (Need some positive thoughts that we're still in with a chance of getting a BFP)

Thank you for your help in advance

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryapple View Post
    Please could any give me some advice, we have have been ttc girl for the past 7 months with no joy. My cycles have been very irregular, but hopefully my ovulation time is now finally settling down and seems to be around day 20.

My big concern is the length of my luteal phase, it is very short ranging from 6-9 days. I'm am ovulating at the moment and desperately want to get a BFP this month. Would it be worth taking 50-100mg of vitamin B6 (starting today from ov)? Also, I've just read a thread, suggesting drinking
    raspberry leaf tea? Would I take both, or is one faster acting - don't want to loose this month of trying!

Please has anyone else had a similar problem, got any advice or managed to still get pregnant with such a short luteal phase? (Need some positive thoughts that we're still in with a chance of getting a BFP)

Thank you for your help in advance
    Vitex! My cycles were on average 34, 35 days long. I started taking Vitex and first month on it I had a 28 day cycle!
    DS #1 - 2010 Liam James #2 - 2012 Ezra Keaton

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can attest to Vitex & vitamin B to lengthen your luteal phase. I'm on month 2 of taking Vitex & B50 and last month it added 3 days to my LP. My LP was only 8-9 days so its a big difference for me. I also O'd earlier this month so well see how it goes.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had a short lp and neither b6 or vitex made any difference. after two chemicals, my gp gave me progesterone crinone to maintain a pregnancy which worked first month. i have recently found out that it was my thyroid causing my weird cycle (very similar to yours). this last month i started the medication for that and it has worked immediately at regulating it perfectly. perhaps get yours checked out.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for all your great replies

I am a bit worried about taking Vitex again, I tried this for a while and think this is what made my cycles go very irregular and long originally - so might leave this one for now. But I am going to start taking B6 today (day after ov) and hope that it helps lengthen my LP and if not, maybe try vitex again.

Hi deaks66, thats really interesting about your thyroid effecting your cycle (hope its the meds work for you), I have recently had a full blood test screening to check if there was a reason for my irregular cycles but nothing came back so hopefully this isn't the problem - but thank you for suggesting it, I will ask the doctor if I find I need to go back.

Has anybody heard anything about the raspberry leaf tea helping?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is too late for b6 or rrlt to have an effect, and they are unreliable at best anyway. I would recommend seeing a doctor. L.p. of 6 days needs medical I intervention, not herbs. Clomid or prescription strength prog support.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, I'll book another app. ASAP.

I spoke to the doctor last time about Clomid, which they said they wouldn't give me because I have concieved my 2 children easily! But can you explain what 'prescription strength prog support' is? So I can go prepared, just feel the doctors are not taking my concerns seriously enough and didn't seem to concerned about my short LP last time.

Very frustrating

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi there, I just wanted to say im in the same predicament (luteal phase of 6 days) . my dr just put me on progesterone supplements. good luck to you!
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryapple View Post
    Thanks so much Atomic, I'll book another app. ASAP.

I spoke to the doctor last time about Clomid, which they said they wouldn't give me because I have concieved my 2 children easily! But can you explain what 'prescription strength prog support' is? So I can go prepared, just feel the doctors are not taking my concerns seriously enough and didn't seem to concerned about my short LP last time.

Very frustrating
    Maybe you need a new dr? i told mine i had been charting for 6 months after a miscarriage and that my luteal was always less than 9. she had no problem prescribing it to me.
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mis2ninos, I think your right, she was really unsupportive and dismissive that I had any real problems and to make matters worse she was also heavily pregnant I felt so sad when I came away.

I will make another appointment wit a different doctor, and hopefully it will be a bit more successful.

Hope everything works out for you good luck, I wonder how the progesterone supplements take to get working?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast