Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update from me - but hopefully more info soon

Hi ladies. We had our 20 week scan today and it was a bit mixed. The sonographer said the baby's head was small, about the 9th percentile, so there's a possibility something is wrong, or she said the baby just has a very small head as all the other measurements she took were good. She also seemed to think it's a girl but wasn't being conclusive, which was highly frustrating but I'm too worried about the head thing to think about that. I feel tense. We may have our girl, which would be awesome, but we may not. And we may have problems to come with brain development or something horrid, but we may not. We have to go for another scan on the 9th of May but we might not get any more info then as they might just say to have another scan. I don't know. They took bloods to check for various viruses that are known to affect growth and I'll get the results in a week or two. So tough not knowing what's happening! Anyone else here had a small fetal head measurement?
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh weezie! (((HUGS))) That is so troubling. I am so sorry you got disturbing news. Praying that nothing is wrong and that all the measurements on the 9th are perfect! You will be in my prayers for sure!
    I have never had small fetal head measurements, so I am no help there. I hope someone has answers for you!!!
    me (42 ) DH (43)
    1995 (gave up for adoption)
    2005 2010 2013 (failed IG sway) July 2015 (swayed, lost his triplet siblings at 11w3d) 2017.

Swayed for our but had all . Our family is complete.

My Ovulation Chart

3. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.

5. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs hun xx
    21 18 13 7 4 and our ht 10 months...

Swaying and praying for our

Our sway worked baby girl joining our blue gang in November

7. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've done a bit of Google research (so obviously reliable!!!) because at my 21 week scan little 'un had a head circumference on the 5th percentile. The sonographer pointed out to us that it was on the small side but said as long as all of the measurements are on the scale they're not too worried. From what I've read it appears that hospitals in the UK fall into 2 camps - one like yours that orders another scan and those like mine that don't worry about any measurements provided they are on the scale and you continue to grow roughly as expected. Of all of the forums I've read I've only come across one story where it was indicative of a problem and even then there were other markers at the scan. Fingers crossed (for us both!) that there's no problem and that your hospital are just being extra careful x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, Kittybear liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update from me - but hopefully more info soon

Oh Weezie, my heart goes out to you! I'm hoping and praying that all is well with your sweet baby! I'll be checking back for updates!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

11. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Weezie, I'm sorry to hear that. I do have a good news story for you though. One of the old IG girls (and everyone would recognize her name but for some reason I can't think of it right now ) had a surprise baby, just out of the blue without telling anyone. It turned out that the baby had some sort of growth issue very much like what you're describing and the doctors had no explanation, told her to expect the worst for the entire pregnancy which was why it was all so hush-hush. But then the baby was born small (barely 4 lbs) even though full term, but in every way perfectly normal.

One of my babies was also very small headed - 13th percentile at birth, all other readings normal and he's normal too, although he is my smallest child both at birth and still to this day - his younger brother is the same height as him despite being 2 years younger!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. I'm not feeling too bad as I know the most likely explanation is just a smaller baby. I've also heard that measuring the head while baby is breech, which it was, is tricky and less reliable than other positions. So I'm hopeful that my next scan with the consultant will be positive and clarify things. X
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush, netti02, Kittybear liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try not to worry too much (I know, way easier said than done). At my 20 week scan my ultrasound tech was doing measurements and talked about him having a tiny head (she gave a percentile but I can't remember it) but didn't say it was any cause for concern. Everything else measured normal except his arms and legs were on the longer side lol. He was born with no complications and just has a small head (it doesn't look too small or anything). He's very healthy! Just try to focus on the fact that you might have a sweet little girl in there!!

17. Likes weeziewoozles, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello lovely weezie. I know we have already discussed this, and I am glad you are having some follow up to investigate what is happening, but I wanted to reiterate that we are all unique - we are not all 'average' along the standard distribution curve; some perfectly normal people are right up there at the top (and they are not giants) and some perfectly petite people are down at the bottom (without having any related genetic anomaly). It's just how they are. And just because 'part' of us is average doesn't mean 'all' of us is also the same...

Take me, I am a slightly above average height (at 5'6'') (probably at the moment slightly above) average weight female BUT I have a BIG head (and not in the 'I am great' meaning ); I take after my dad, who took after his mum, and both my boys also have big heads.

Then there is my DH who is 6ft and a fine stature of a man (if I do say so myself) and yet we joke that my head is bigger than his... (he takes after his mum as both his dad and younger brother are 'big heads').

Neither of us look out of proportion or have any 'issues' (well, bar the usual parental craziness! ) we are just a big head who fell in love with a small head

Please try not to panic yet. I know you cannot allow yourself to get carried away yet, but I am so (cautiously) optimistic that this is your girl who you have waited so long for, and she will be perfect.

Sending love and hugs xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

19. Thanks atomic sagebrush, weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Likes Pink Pony liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast