Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I always envisioned myself to have all boys. Partly because I never had a great relationship with my mother and partly because I was a tomboy growing up and still into "boy" things.

It wasn't until I became a mother that I realized gender has nothing to do with the way you parent your children (at least it shouldn't anyway!), and I always assumed we would have a mixed gendered family.

People always assumed I would only have boys, and they were right until now! Don't let people's comments affect you- people say dumb things all the time without thinking how what they say can be perceived by others. You totally have a chance at having a girl!

🤞🏻!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

2. Thanks Praying4agirl thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People told me that all the time. Trust me, after 4 boys over 20+ years, people saying that can cut like a knife but EVERY woman can have a girl! Even this woman had a girl The Arndt Family

I know people I have met online who have had boys after 8 girls and girls after 8 boys. My own great-grandma had 2 boys after having 6 girls in a row and my husband's grandma had a girl after 5 boys! You have only one little boy, you can completely and totally have girls, I promise!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Praying4agirl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Praying4agirl View Post
    Thanks y'all. Good to know I'm not alone. This has helped lift my spirits. I don't think they are trying to be hurtful but they do know how badly I want a daughter so it can be hurtful to me. I guess when they say that it puts me in a bit of a panic mode especially since my mom was right about the gender of my son as well as the gender of my sisters son. But I know I have a shot at a girl and even if i have a son what's meant to be will be. Thanks again ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there's a chunk of people who really think they're doing us a favor, like we won't get our hopes up if they say that, as if they are helping somehow by saying that. They don't mean to hurt our feelings but in their minds, it's better now than after we get pregnant and get our hopes sky high. There are the occasional few who really are out to hurt but most people are just innocent nitwits.

6. Thanks Praying4agirl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    i was told by a doctor i probably couldn't successfully carry girls after our 2nd baby (first girl) died mid pregnancy.. i then spent 4 years completely convinced this was true, then had 2 healthy girls one after the other so clearly the dr was wrong, ignore anyone who tells you you wont have a boy/girl its such a stupid comment to make!!

good luck with your sway i hope you get your girl
    there are quite a few doctors and nurses who still say things like this and they are all so very full of you-know-what that they all deserve to have their medical licences revoked. :/

8. Likes MrsTheatrical, Praying4agirl liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    there are quite a few doctors and nurses who still say things like this and they are all so very full of you-know-what that they all deserve to have their medical licences revoked. :/
    YES!! i should add the doctor who said this to me was the Consultant who was overseeing our whole "case" including post-mortem results etc, her postmortem was normal and all my tests came back clear/normal, i think he said it to me as some kind of answer as to why she died, seen as all the tests showed up with no medical reasons for it and we already had a healthy son so clearly it had to be her gender..
    it did a huge amount of damage because i couldnt get it out of my head and thought it was my fault for my body rejecting and killing a perfectly healthy baby girl who would have been carried to term alive by anyone else, even when i had my girl on #5 i was completely convinced she would die before she was born, i dont think these professionals understand the damage they can do when they say these things..
    now 6blue5pink

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Venting and a bit discouraged.

-
    Last edited by Praying4agirl; February 22nd, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People said this to me when I was pregnant with a girl and they didn't know it was a girl

Of course, I desperately wanted a boy, so it hurt that they all thought I was getting one when I knew I was having a girl, but people pegged me as whatever.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have said this to me all my life! I've always just sort of shrugged​ it off as people say all sorts of insensitive and silly things in the name of conversation and it really doesn't matter what they think. I know it isn't that easy for everyone not to take such hurtful comments to heart though.

Having read loads of the info on this site now, I have a theory that people maybe tend to say this to more 'alpha' type, strong women so it's almost a backhanded compliment about how they see you but really they have no idea what they are talking about... opinions are like a#£eholes, everyone has got one!

I do now have 2 wonderful boys and will either be going HT or swaying for a girl in the next 12-18 months. Who knows if I'm 'destined' to only have boys or not, but I'll give it my best shot anyway! Fingers crossed for you too!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Praying4agirl liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Venting and a bit discouraged.

-
    Last edited by Praying4agirl; February 22nd, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Praying4agirl View Post
    That's funny you say that bc I am very much an alpha/ leader type personality. So I can easily see how my personality could come across that way. That's interesting. I hope we both go on to have little girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lots of women in leadership positions have all/mostly or at least SOME daughters - Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, The Queen Mum, Queen Elizabeth 2 herself, Nancy Pelosi (she has 4 daughters and one son), Margaret Thatcher had BG twins, Elizabeth Warren has a son and daughter...we could make examples all day!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 15th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.

19. Thanks Praying4agirl thanked for this post
    Likes Girlthing liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast