Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the food limits?

I read it somewhere and thought I'd saved it but I haven't!!

I feel like I am going in blind - trying to eat small amounts of bland food like potatoes, pasta, etc, but have no idea what actual amounts I should be eating?? I mean of carbs/protein/fat. I will need to start measuring it in my fitness pal.

We want to start TTC girl in October. Is that enough time? I have been tying to sway for a month now - on and off, mostly on - like skipping brekky , way less meat, not snacking, eating bland etc. could probably do more like cut out all meat and start exercising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why are you eating bland foods? You can eat whatever you like and season it however you want. If you feel deprived on LE then you're not doing it right. The limits are 1500-1800 cals, 30-60g fat (I know this is a huge range but it's based on whatever is 20 to 30% of your total cals), 50-60g protein.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush, Nowmarriedgirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Calories:

Most eat 1500-1800 cals daily.

A very small minority of people - usually those who have more than 50 lbs to spare or very petite women 5 ft tall or less who may not eat more than 1500 cals a day regularly and who have gotten boys eating that, drop to 1200-1500 (seriously, this is only like 3% of all swayers at this cal intake, most should be higher)

A larger minority of people - those who have a fast metabolism, who are tall, exercising a lot, breastfeeding, whose weight is flying off them will go up to 1800-2000 or even beyond that. I'd estimate about 20% of people eat this much to start with, over time more will have to increase to this amount if weight really drops off quickly.

Low carb vegetables are free and unlimited, you do not count them in your day's cal count.

Protein:

Most do 40-50 g protein and you do NOT count the protein in fruit and veg (so you actually may need to eat more than you think)

PCOSers, those with insulin resistance, poor egg quality, who are breastfeeding, or who are very tall up this to 50-60 g while keeping calorie count the same.

Fat:

Most do 30-60 g (this used to be 25 g, you can still read that here and there on the site but it wasn't enough and people stopped ovulating with that low an intake)

PCOSers, those with insulin resistance, poor egg quality, who are breastfeeding, or who are very tall up this to 50-60 g while keeping calorie count the same.

you don't count the fat in fruit and veg, they are free for fat.

Getting most of your fat from vegetable sources has been shown in animal studies to lead to more mammal female babies conceived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Calories:

Most eat 1500-1800 cals daily.

A very small minority of people - usually those who have more than 50 lbs to spare or very petite women 5 ft tall or less who may not eat more than 1500 cals a day regularly and who have gotten boys eating that, drop to 1200-1500 (seriously, this is only like 3% of all swayers at this cal intake, most should be higher)

A larger minority of people - those who have a fast metabolism, who are tall, exercising a lot, breastfeeding, whose weight is flying off them will go up to 1800-2000 or even beyond that. I'd estimate about 20% of people eat this much to start with, over time more will have to increase to this amount if weight really drops off quickly.

Low carb vegetables are free and unlimited, you do not count them in your day's cal count.

Protein:

Most do 40-50 g protein and you do NOT count the protein in fruit and veg (so you actually may need to eat more than you think)

Fat:

Most do 30-60 g (this used to be 25 g, you can still read that here and there on the site but it wasn't enough and people stopped ovulating with that low an intake)

you don't count the fat in fruit and veg, they are free for fat.

Getting most of your fat from vegetable sources has been shown in animal studies to lead to more mammal female babies conceived.
    Thank you so much Atomic!!!!!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post