Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you notice any differences after being on the LE diet for a while?

Hi everyone!

I just wondered, what, if any, differences you may have noticed after being on the LE diet for a while. Any physical changes (weight, skin, cm, headaches etc), emotional changes (patience [increase or decrease], calmness/stress etc).

I feel like my skin is the same. I've dropped a couple of pounds, but not as much as I thought I would. I have more cm, but the thing I'm really struggling with is that emotionally I feel like I'm agitated a lot and my patience is thin. Anyone else feel this way?

My diet (vegan, whole foods diet with lots of green juices and smoothies), although was much higher in fat (and protein) was really alkaline. I guess I'm more acidic now and just wondered if me being agitated was a sign of these changes - which I guess is a good thing, but I thought I needed to be a bit more zen to improve my chances of conceiving my DG.

Any experiences the same or different would be great to hear - especially those who got their DG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always found this very interesting so I'm curious what other ladies have to say! I was on it for a year and definitely noticed changes. My skin on my face became drier, clearer. My hands were very dry too. This random dark hair I'd had for years on my tummy disappeared. Really weird but I noticed my ears were a lot less waxy. LOL I started ovulating early in my cycle for the first time ever but I spotted a lot more. I stopped getting so much ewcm. I used to get several days of it but on LE I only got a few if any. My sex drive disappeared. I lost a lot of weight from diet and cardio so my body became rather flabby...very skinny but no muscle tone at all. I had no butt. I also felt rather apathetic but I think it was because I felt a little hopeless and depressed from my losses.

Regarding alkaline/acidic diets: they don't actually make the body more acidic or alkaline. The body is very sensitive to these changes and the blood has to maintain a certain pH else serious health issues or death can occur.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed my skin becoming less oily and more clear! Even blackheads disappeared! However, my hair became limp, lifeless and oily ! I have curly hair so it was a huge change for me! I too lost weight and muscle tone on the diet.

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush, LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The acid-alkaline thing has been debunked but what may happen is that either blood sugar or hormone levels can chaange and both of those things do have a proven effect on your mood.

What I would probably have you do is switch over to the alternate diet in this thread Swaying under special circumstances Part 3 PCOS

I felt calmer on LE and while I didn't notice any differences in skin or anything, I did see reduction in body hair and sex drive. My period also got shorter and lighter.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So AF showed up today, which explains my mood! Feeling better already!

I'm happy sticking to the PCOS LE diet as I have suffered with PCOS symptoms in the past and don't eat any refined carbs. I've asked this on another thread - my only concern is that I'm having a large portion of beans or lentils in some form or other (sauce/salad/soup) for dinner every day (still within limits) and just worried if this sways blue...

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Individual foods don't sway, it's your overall diet that matters. Those foods are perfectly okay, especially within limits. Personally I think eating vegetarian sources of protein is better than eating meat all the time when swaying pink.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

11. Thanks LA_Girl, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Individual foods don't sway, it's your overall diet that matters. Those foods are perfectly okay, especially within limits. Personally I think eating vegetarian sources of protein is better than eating meat all the time when swaying pink.
    ^^^I completely agree with this! One of the biggest differences between my sway back in 2014/2015 and this one was going vegetarian. I only had 6 cheats over the 11mo of my sway that included meat, which was unavoidable due to family get togethers. That and strictly cardio exercise only- no Yoga, Pilates, or weights.

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

13. Thanks LA_Girl, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Your replies and thoughts are really appreciated- particularly from those who've swayed - successfully or otherwise as you understand why you feel swaying works.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're in the limits you are fine. Beans are fine within limits. Some people (and it's a pretty fair chunk too unfortunately) don't DO limits and so some of the recommendations are really more tailored towards them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ