Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Questions about SP, vitex,BBT, Femara for 2018 girl sway

Hi all,

I am a Mum to 2 boys and planning a girl sway in 2018. I will stop breastfeeding in January in order to get my cycle back.

I was overly anxious about my fertility both times when ttc (which is why I think I unintentionally swayed boy twice!). My mother's side have typically taken years to get pregnant so with DS1 I did everything - acupuncture, vitex, high protein diet, full fat dairy, no alcohol / caffeine, preseed etc. Conceived DS1 on cycle 2 off bc. I was 32.

I then had my AMH tested three times and it gave low results (ranging between 1 - 7 pmol) so this freaked me out again and - fearing my son would be an only child - My personalised plan from atomic went out the window and I did all of the above again. Conceived DS2 on cycle 4. I was (and am) 34. All other results - FSH etc - normal.

I now intend to sway girl in 2018 and wil use the personalised plan I had from atomic but I just had a few questions before we begin. I intentionally don't want to be asking questions and obsessing while ttc as I think this will affect my mental health / fertility chances!!

Any advice on the following would be great:

1. I don't have PCOS - far from it - I had between 6-10 AFC when it was checked a year ago. I took vitex to conceive my first DS throughout my cycle. Should I try vitex again? And what dose? I took 1000 from memory before.

2. I have quite low BBT - 36.2 pre o and 36.7 post o - which I have heard sways boy. Should I incorporate Saw Palmetto into my sway to raise bbt? I have no idea about testosterone levels but am a manager at work and fly off the handle quite easily / wear the trousers at home so I would guess they are high?!

3. I am willing to take Femara to improve my sway but I wouldn't be able to get a prescription for it. I have seen that you can buy online from the US. Is this right? Would people recommend doing it unmonitored? And what days should I take it?

4. Things I am focusing on doing: LE diet, one attempt at pos opk following bd every five days, fibre supp, skip breakfast, coffee, alcohol.

Any advice massively appreciated!! I really hope I can hold my nerve this time and not start getting anxious about my fertility! I am a classic type A personality so trying to suppress this as much as I can!

Many thanks ladies - so grateful

MM xx

2. Dislikes naturediva disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that is what happens with TONS of people on here. Even without reason, we get very worked up thinking we are infertile for some reason and so we launch into these big pre-pregnancy fertility boost projects and then have boys. (me too!) So that will be one of your challenges, to unplug your mind from the assumption that if you don't get pregnant immediately that you're infertile or you have to drop swaying totally just to conceive.

I think you need to leave out vitex and SP. The temping thing has never been proven and both V and SP have terribly low success rates for us (better than 50-50 but only just) They can also mess up your cycle hugely, cut odds of conception, and my fear is that if that happens you are going to panic again and drop your whole sway to boost odds of conception. So it makes more sense to me to just skip the things that don't work and cut odds of conception right at the start.

Agh my computer is freaking out, I gotta shut off and turn it back on, posting first half
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After a failed sway I would have you switch over to the PCO-type diet (even if you don't have PCOS, it's fine, it gets great results - only downside is it can make weight fly off and it's harder to stick to) https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html This will help do all the things that vitex and SP are meant to do only it actually works.

Many people do buy it online, I can't strictly recommend it but I will always help answer any questions if you have chosen to pursue that route.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic!! You are totally right - the challenge this time will be to just be relaxed and not automatically assume I am infertile if it takes me longer than say six months.

After all the self-imposed stress of conceiving the last two times though the relaxed approach sounds mighty appealing!! I am going to try my best to not act like I am ttc!

I think you are right - I won't do vitex or saw palmetto.

When you say 'failed sway' and link to the PCO diet, do you think I should do that right from the off instead of the traditional LE diet?

Also, do you think I should give it a few months before trying Femara (say six cycles) or should I go with this from the first cycle post breast feeding? I would be buying it online - thanks for any help you can give on that front.

As always, thanks so so much atomic. Your advice always much appreciated.

xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really mean "failed sway" I mean sway opposite.

Yes I think you should aim at doing the alt. diet from the start. You don't need to be fully strict on it as, say, someone who has PCO but we have really gotten fab results taking this approach with people who have had opposites in the past.

I would do FEmara from the get go. Absolutely.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic! I will do the alt diet and will get hold of some Femara. Am I ok to PM you just about the Femara? Much appreciated!!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for jumping on this post. Just wondering what femera is and how you get it from abroad? (Also in the UK). Does it have side effects or risks?

10. Likes ManchesterMrs liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ManchesterMrs, I just wanted to add that my basal body temperatures are even lower than yours, and I had a girl. I never heard that bbt sways, so that's new to me.

Good luck!

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes ManchesterMrs liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Sorry for jumping on this post. Just wondering what femera is and how you get it from abroad? (Also in the UK). Does it have side effects or risks?
    It's a fertility medication like Clomid and has very similar risks and side effects.

Most people get it from their doctor. Some do order online but I can't be a part of that for the obvious reasons

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry MrsE! I have just seen this! Thanks so much for this - it means a lot to know that I am just being silly thinking that BBT sways. I have just started my first cycle of Femara.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Hi ManchesterMrs, I just wanted to add that my basal body temperatures are even lower than yours, and I had a girl. I never heard that bbt sways, so that's new to me.

Good luck!

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast