Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Girl Diet and Christmas

Hi,

I have started the girl diet today. We are hoping to TTC from December. We will probably have some family around for Christmas, so it would probably be a bit weird to eat the diet in front of them. Having started today, should I have a few days off at Christmas will this completely ruin my progress until then?

Thanks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My diet officially started today too! (although I have been easing into it for the last week) I am using Fitday.com to track my intake. It allows you to count things like sodium, potassium, calories, protein, etc. I am basically on the LE diet so I plan to eat on Christmas day and Thanksgiving day and I am also going on a weekend trip to LA in December. (how can I not eat there?) However, I am going to use Fitday to be sure that I still dont go over on those days. Basically, will eat less than I usually would, will avoid the big no-no's (like my mom's yummy, yummy mashed potatoes) and will have overall smaller portions. I will likely only eat one meal those days and have a small portion of plain white rice for lunch. I think the overall picture is what is more important. My first attempt will be around Jan 18 so almost a good month after Christmas.
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I will actually be going to stay with my family for the week of Christmas and they will just have to think I am a freak. They already know how much my heart aches for a girl and they will feel bad for me anyway if I don't get one. I can tell you overall in the last week - when I really want to eat something I shouldn't, all I have to do is visualize my future daughter and the craving passes instantly!
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanksgiving and Christmas will probably be slight cheat days for me. I will still skip breakfast. I will avoid the big no-no's like potatoes and tomatoes and lots of salt. Eat much smaller portions. Skip the gravy. A little bit of turkey and green beans. Two small cheat days won't mess up your sway!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can buy low sodium gravy and low sodium salt, I'd also try to have smaller portions

which diet are you planning on doing?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    you can buy low sodium gravy and low sodium salt, I'd also try to have smaller portions

which diet are you planning on doing?
    I have started the Girl Diet yesterday (cranberry juice, some dairy, raspberries, strawberries, chicken, fish). I don't think any other diet would work as I am still BF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    which girl diet, I mean? FGD? IG? LE?
    I'm still BF too but did the LE diet. All of them will mean eating less variety of nutrients and less calories overall that you normally would, so if you find your milk supply is affected you might have to eat more - play it by ear.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, it is the one from the ingender forum (cranberry juice, some dairy, raspberries, strawberries, chicken, fish), but less of everything.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, but I would just try and keep up with it as much as I could. I would try very very hard to avoid meat if at all possible.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GeCon View Post
    Sorry, it is the one from the ingender forum (cranberry juice, some dairy, raspberries, strawberries, chicken, fish), but less of everything.
    The IG diet is restrictive enough, no need to try and combine the LE Diet and IG diet. Some people tried to do it at first and it was just impossible to stick to. Esp. when BF, it's just not a good idea.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast