TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result:
    GIRL!
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    1 boy (14 months)
    Number of Months TTC
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    Yes
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    I didn't do the LE diet perfectly. I know I went over on my calorie intake many a days and I went completely off the wagon during Christmas week when I was home for the holidays and had some serious cheat days in February when I was just burned out. I suck at dieting, however I did lose quite a bit of weight and was at my lowest adult weight when I conceived at around 102lbs.

I was vegetarian the whole time. Dropped soy products out of my diet and only had a rare 1 piece of fish per month when I had to eat at the in-laws.

I found I couldn't monitor sodium intake at all. Doing so would have made LE completely unrealistic, so let's say I did LE Light and skipped breakfast every morning since late October.

I would occasionally have a drink, maybe 1 - 3 a month, so wasn't sure what to put for alcohol intake.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    started to ease my way into LE instead of doing it cold turkey starting in Late November. I would say overall I was on the LE diet for around 16 weeks, but fell off the wagon during Christmas for a week, so do what you like with that.
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    DH did NOT change his diet at all and still ate plenty of red meats and other stuff. > I hope that doesn't come back to bite me (no bad pun intended)
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • A couple of drinks per week
    • No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I drink caffeine regularly
    Any Diet Details?
    Breakfast was 1 or 2 diet cokes every day. I usually just cooked food for DH and ate what he had minus the meat. I ate a lot of white pasta, veggies, corn taco shells with refried beans and iceberg lettuce, potatoes, some boxed mac and cheese, pop tarts, 3 musketeers bars...not a lot of the food I ate had much nutrition in it.
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    I did the best I could. I've always had problems dieting, but like I said I did lose around 10 lbs since going on LE
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    5'2" 102 so BMI of 18.7.
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    couch potato!
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    -
    Any VG potions used?
    • RePhresh
    • Acijel

CM pH at attempt
    didn't test
    DH pH
    didn't test
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • No idea

Any additional comments?
    I only did OPK kits 1x per day in the AM. I know that's not ideal but I didn't want to become a POAS addict. We got +OPK on Friday morning and DTD on Friday Night. I also got another +OPK Saturday morning but forgot to test Sunday
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • Abstained

BD Position
    Missionary
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • No

Any relevant attempt details?
    No Big O. (Haven't had one since January.) I was on top during our attempt. The swimmers actually entered me in a very shallow spot. I don't think much came out of DH. (sorry TMI)

I used a full applicator of Rephresh + 1/2 applicator of aci-jel around 14 hours before we DTD. Then I used maybe around 1/4 of the aci-jel applicator full of rephresh and 1/4 the applicator full of aci-jel around 2 hours before we DTD. I knew that would reduce odds of conception but I was OK with getting BFN.

DH soaked his "buddies" in a hot bath for a good 30 minutes right before our attempt. I also had him switch from boxers to boxer briefs (which he hated) for a good month before the attempt.

I was going to J+D but I don't think DH came all THAT much, and he abstained for 8 days before that, so I decided to just let it go figuring the aci-jel + rephresh would probably hinder the swimmers...
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • Vitex
    • Chitosan
    • Baby asprin
    • folic acid
    • Antihistamine
    • Saw Palmetto

DH Supplements
    • Licorice Root
    • Cranberry
    • Sudafed

Any additional supplement info?
    DH and I were on supps for quite a long time. I suspected he had high PH but I think the test strips from China we bought on eBay were just crap. I'm really not sure.

My cycles were suuuuuuper long and wonky because of all the supps I took. I tend to have 26-28 day regular cycles and my last cycle lasted like, 38 days
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    YES! Lavender essential oil, hot shower for me 2 hours before DTD, did my nails 1 hour before DTD, rose quartz and amethyst bracelet I wore all the time, Oed right before new moon.
    Moon Phase during conception?
    Waning Crescent
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    Bought a little pink princess/hello kitty bracelet with the baby name I want to use and put that under the couch (we DTD on the couch)
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    The fact that I was itty bitty skinny when I conceived, the prayer, the support I got from everyone here, O-ing around a Pisces new moon, actually DTD on International Women's Day
    Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    Fear in general... I worry I didn't do the diet "good enough" and I wish I could have exercised but it just wasn't possible with me watching DS all day in the dead of winter. I am honestly afraid of this baby right now, lol. I guess I don't wanna get my hopes up too much now. I just...I dunno. I'm afraid. I was expecting I'd have to TTC for at least 2 months. The fact that I got BFP our first month makes me nervous bc I was probably still very fertile which tends to be more boy friendly... Or maybe I got a BFP so quick *because* I've been doing so much praying and visualization? It's all in God's hands now. He will stay with me though the next several weeks while we wait to find out if the sway worked....
    Things worth mentioning:
    I prayed a lot before, during and after my sway. I did hypnosis trying to attract my daughter into my life. I created a vision board and visualized me with a daughter. I also ordered 2 spells from a company that casts spells for a fee asking for a daughter. One of them was cast 2 days before we DTD.

I do believe that God can see my heart and he knows its desire. I had to let go and trust that God and the Universe at large did the work that needed to be done to bring me a daughter.

I have to press on with faith that the outcome will truly be for the greatest good. I have to have faith that God heard me and decided to show His Grace and bless me with a baby girl.

Thanks to all of you who helped me though this. I want to experience the joy of a baby girl, and I pray that she's growing inside me right now.
    Last edited by BabyGirl4Me; June 2nd, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

2. Likes girl_hope liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AHHHH!!!! I am so happy for you!!! This is such a great day!!! Congratualations BabyGirl may all your dreams come true!! God Bless!!!!!
    2005 2007 2009

sometime soon!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you PolishPrincess! Can't wait until we are all expecting!
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sway looks awesome! Congratulations! Lots of pink dust for you! You are givig me hope for my first attempt in April! Happy and healthy 9 months with a sticky PINK bean! Congratulations again!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Soar! April is the BEST month for TTC girl according to a study Atomic talked about before. May you be blessed with pink in April!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your sway looks excellent!!! Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

I had to laugh about how you put the baby girl outfit under the couch because that's where you DTD!!!! Awesome!
    Me, 35
    DH, 37

We have three beautiful ages 9, 5, and 2.
    Unsuccessfully swayed for so will go HT in 2014 for her !

Cycle #1: 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 biopsied but both abnormal XY.
    Cycle #2: 17 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 biopsied. 2 abnormal XY, 1 normal XY.

Cycle #3: 18 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 8 biopsied. 1 normal XX!!!! (2 normal XY)
    FET August 11, 2015---beautiful transfer.
    EDD: April 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mindyjean View Post
    I had to laugh about how you put the baby girl outfit under the couch because that's where you DTD!!!! Awesome!
    Hahahaha, thank you MindyJean! We had to DTD on the couch bc DS was sleeping in his crib in our bedroom and we didn't want to wake him. It was just a little bracelet and not a full outfit but yes I had to be a bit creative, lol.

for you too!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Fab sway! Looks like you couldn't do any more..

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollydot View Post
    Congrats Fab sway! Looks like you couldn't do any more..
    Thank you Dollydot! I truly feel like I went as far as I could go, and I feel good about that. Thank you for your kind words and all the best to you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats BG4Me!! So happy and excited for you!! This is your DD I can feel it!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast