Gender Result:
    GIRL!!!
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    boy (3), boy (5)
    Number of Months TTC
    6-9
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    Yes
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    I was diagnosed with Sjogrens last year, an autoimmune disease. My symptoms are dry eyes, dry mouth, joint and muscle pain, fatigue and a host of other symptoms. So I was on an abbreviated version of the LE diet with Atomic's help. I had to change up what I was eating several times over the 7 months because I either lost too much weight or just felt too crappy overall. At the end I was doing mainly smoothies 2-3 times a day. Cut out meat almost entirely. Ate a little debbie cookie with each meal and tried to eat as poorly as my body could handle! I skipped breakfast but had to have a glass of soy milk to take my meds first thing in the morning. Then didn't have my smoothie until at least 10, sometimes it was even after 12 noon. If I felt like I had to have a snack I would eat a piece of cheese - I did my best to keep my carbs and proteins separate when I was eating.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    7 months
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    No
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    He has been on a big exercise kick running almost daily and eating almost entirely protein, which is very different from what he was doing when we conceived the boys. But he still ate red meat, drinks several beers every night.
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I did not factor that into my sway
    Any Diet Details?
    The main things that make me nervous about my diet is that I was eating 1 avocado pretty much every day just so I could have enough fat in my diet overall. I also had no more than 1 banana a day with my smoothies. But the bulk of the smoothie was strawberries, at the end I started adding in peeled pears and apples, blueberries and some blackberries because it was getting so monotonous. I started drinking soy milk when I was diagnosed with sjogrens bc they advise to limit dairy. I was also adding a little honey to sweeten...so several scary foods daily but my body can't tolerate a lot of artificial sweeteners, I can't drink caffeine or alcohol because it dehydrates me and so we had to amend things as best as possible. In the evening I would throw some chocolate chips into my smoothie and sleep it off. The month we conceived I did have pancakes for breakfast a few mornings but still tried to keep long fasts between meals, and wait until my stomach growled before eating.
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    This diet is still very different from what I was doing with my boys...I used to drink green tea by the gallon! We would eat a good deal of red meat, potatoes, spaghetti with sausage, etc. I cut out all of that. I was also a religious breakfast eater, always had cereal in the morning first thing, hardly ever ate sweets and was a big snacker. So while I feel good about the changes in general I am still nervous for those avocados!!
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    about 110 which is on the lower end for me. I'm usually between 113-115 and 5'3" but very muscular.
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    This time I did no routine exercise and tried to stay as couch potato as possible. But I am very active anyway so I'm not sure how much of a factor that will play. With my boys I was definitely a moderate exerciser, walking a few times a week with weights. This time I know for sure I have less muscle mass and definition. I could never keep up with the girl exercise routine because of Sjogrens, so I opted to do no exercise.
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    I think around 4.5?
    Any VG potions used?
    • Other

CM pH at attempt
    unknown but we used conceive plus bc im SO dry already from SjS
    DH pH
    unknown
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
    I had been taking Diclofenac daily for my joint/muscle pain and then after 5 months ttc I realized that it may be preventing me from ovulating...so I quit taking it, started a baby aspirin a day instead. 2 months later we got pg. Also, I O'd much earlier in my cycle than I had O'd with the boys so the positive opk came as a big surprise! We had dtd the day before I got the positive opk so I'm not sure if it was same day, or 1-2 days before O. Because I am naturally VERY dry I was taking mucinex the week of O and we used a small amount of conceive plus (after months of trying with sylk and not getting pg...).
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • Abstained

BD Position
    Missionary
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
    Big O for me :-/ and I actually remember going to the bathroom (I didn't J&D but we dtd in the morning so I had to get out of bed ) and seeing a long stretch of CM looking stuff and thinking it was weird bc I didn't expect to O that early So I hope that we didn't jump the gun with the muci and CP but I do feel good that we only had one attempt after a long abstain (I was only a few days past AF ending when I got the positive opk)
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • Baby asprin
    • folic acid
    • Magnesium

DH Supplements
    • Licorice Root
    • Cranberry

Any additional supplement info?
    I have to take fish oil supplements daily for my sjogrens. I was also drinking Calm Magnesium drinks almost daily to help with my joint pain and digestion. After we got our BFP I found out my hubs was taking a multivitamin and fish oil as part of his "health kick"...ugggggggh. MEN. At least he was taking the licorice root and OLE (which he affectionately termed extract of a$$hole, lol)
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    I bought a rock salt lamp to put in my office. I work from home and do a lot of work on my computer but tried to keep windows open or a fan going at almost all times.
    Moon Phase during conception?
    -
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    wooden spoon and girls outfit under the bed, painted my nails a lot and tried to wear more pink and just anything that made me feel more feminine.
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    I changed a lot of things about my diet and my overall health condition now is WAY worse than with my boys. Also, I have changed careers completely - I was working a high stess sales management job in a male dominated office then and now I am a pro newborn and maternity photographer...so BIG 180 on that which hopefully helped my hormone levels!
    Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    There were so many things that I simply could not change because of my autoimmune issues. That said, I feel like I did do everything that I could and pushed my body to the most it could tolerate. I still feel like this is going to be another boy because of those things that I could not control. We are staying team "gray" until delivery but I am mentally trying to prepare myself for life with 3 boys. Either way, this is our last baby and if my crappy excuse for a body can make a healthy baby it will be a blessing.
    Things worth mentioning:
    I can not thank Atomic enough for all her support through this journey. She is absolutely amazing and I know that there is no way I could have survived ttc that long without her!! My DD is March 1 so I will update this once baby #3 arrives.
    Last edited by bethwade; February 22nd, 2015 at 05:15 PM.
    me{33}dh{33}
    ds1{2009}
    ds2{2011}
    Swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway! Good luck

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome sway honey you gave it your all!! Hope you get your pinky and stoked we are in the same due date group xx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck m'dear!! I'm so excited for you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As kitkat said, you so clearly did everything you could given your situation. I'm impressed. I pray all your hard work succeeded. Well done!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and well done for doing all you can x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your BFP!
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations :-)
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Looks like a really great sway! I eat avocados nearly everyday also, fingers crossed it doesn't really matter!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluebonnet I hope so! I was definitely trying to eat the bad fats too but too much sugar gives me a crazy bad headache and my body just hates me. I'm curious to see what we have cooking when he or she arrives in Feb/March
    me{33}dh{33}
    ds1{2009}
    ds2{2011}
    Swaying for a

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast