Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update Auroara78's girl sway...IT'S A GIRL!!!

*Still really early, was going to wait to post, but decided that I wanted to write this down before I started forgetting things...Approx due date is September 18th!*

NAME -auroara78 (Virginia)
    Gender Resulted -GIRL!!
    Swaying Attempt - Natural

PH
    CM Ph - Unknown. Did not want to raise T levels by obsessing over Ph. Had bought some strips before when I was on IG but I must have low ionic strength in CM, because the colors never really change. If anything they seem to be maybe a 5? But I didn't check the month of Dec. at all.
    DH Ph -Unknown.
    Douche type and when- No
    Replens- No
    Represh-No
    Big O -No
    Lube- No

DIET Was doing IG diet since October, but was NOT taking calicum or mag supps, just trying to get my diary increase up naturally via low fat milk & zero fat Greek style yogurt. Avoided my favorites like the plague: red meat, potatoes, and bananas. Then, when I came over here in November, I did have some cheat meals with potatoes (Thanksgiving & Christmas Day because I remembered Atomic saying there are "no magical foods, no magic bullets.")

I tried to keep my protein low and lean, and I lost about 5 lbs on the diet. Not a ton, but my metabolism is awful after having worked in retail (stay on feet all day, keep moving) for years to getting a desk job in July. So I did a combo of IG/LE diet but was keeping in mind the main things of avoiding anything too nutrioutious; avoiding olive oil, healthy fats, etc. I was eating fish here and there but no salmon or the like.

Being on the diet too strictly gave me headaches, etc made me feel too crappy to go to my job, so I modified it so that I could still go to work. Also, I did eat breakfast, but per Atomic's suggestion, I switched from oatmeal to cream of wheat, which is supposed to be less offensive.

Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? - Stayed on diet for a few days, about six. Wanted to give baby a chance to implant in a "lower blood glucose" envirnoment, if it was going to be a girl. Had resolved to stop TTC'ing until April to lose DS2's baby weight so was going to go back to eating more nutrioutious (tons more veggies) to help me lose weight, but then I got my BFP.

Caffeine- just naturally occuring in cups of Pep tea
    DH caffeine -usually 2-3 cups a day, sometimes none a day, DH would not let me mess with his coffee at all!

HORMONES
    Drinks - low fat milk, cranberry juice once in a while, 2-3 cups of peppermint tea from AF-O for 2 cycles.
    Supplements - Nada

SUPPLEMENTS
    Others - Folic acid, Baby Aspirin (Daily until about 6 days after O, then I started stair stepping off it.)
    DH supps - No, wouldn't let me mess with him, but I did convince him to stop taking his omega 3's/ multivitamin for three months.

TIMING HOW MANY TIMES WE BD: Had attempts on Sun. Dec 18th (a week before O, sure nothing came of that), Thursday, Dec. 22nd (this was when Weds changed into Thurs, just after midnight when it became the 22nd), then at 5 am on Christmas Day, Dec. 25th, which was the day I probably O'ed. When my temps didn't rise for 3 days after my supposed O, I panicked and we had an attempt on Thurs Dec. 29th, but I really don't think I o'ed that late, because that would have made my BFP @ 8 days without FMU. So I am sticking to Dec. 25th as my O day until told otherwise by my OB!

No abstaintance. We tried it in Oct after a 8 day abstain and my DH could not get it up at all...and he couldn't even for two weeks after that! It really affected him too much. He has a low sex drive anyway. We did have a BFN attempt in Nov with Rephresh and one BD on O day, so after that, I figured we'd need more than 1 attempt, but I didn't want to lump them all together, for fear it'd be a mass of tons of sperm hanging out at one time. Maybe this was wrong, but even if I wanted to, could not attempt too often because DH couldn't get it going. He has a slow charging battery!

Charting O with Temp -No
    Charting O with OPK only used one test (was all I had left in the box), and was a neg on Dec. 24, but I believe the urine was diluated, as there was definitely two lines, just not a pos line.
    Fertility monitor used/type No
    Suspected O date - Dec. 25th 2011

IONS
    Oed in what moon phase -New moon
    Changed ions in other ways? - I know a lot of you aren't believers in ions, but this was fun for me because i love jewlery so I had no problem picking up a hematite bracelt and rose quartz braclet. I also have a huge rose quartz necklace that i wore near the top of my underwear on Christmas Day, near my ovaries! It's funny now in hindsight, but I was superstitious! Also had a fan blowing on me at work and mini air purifier at home near my desk.

OTHER
    How many kids do you have? -2
    What sex? -Boys
    # of months TTC - 2 (have been on a diet for 3-4 cycles, since Oct was a failed attempt)
    Your Age -33
    DH age- 33
    BD position -Missionary, but not shallow. One attempt (on the 29th) was from behind, but I already think I O'ed by then.
    Jump and dump -No, not right away. Waited about 15 minutes each time.
    EWCM present/how much? - I am usually a EWCM producer! Like I can really, really make the stuff! (Sorry, TMI!) but this month was virtually nothing. My CM stayed creamy almost the entire week of O and the only bit of EWCM I had was on Monday, almost a full week before I O'ed.
    DH undies type - Tighty whiteys since October. He complained about it non stop too. He is definitely a boxer man!
    DH hot bath/shower - No.
    Under bed- No. Did not want to buy anything pink and jinx it!

COMMENTS?
    I hope this was enough! There were some roadblocks, such as my DH not being able to do FR or abstain....FR would have crippled him and made him unable to even have sex, he needs a few days recharging...when we were younger, he had a good sex drive, but especially over this last year, it just sputtered out, so here's hoping that's a good sign. I could not do the no breakfast thing, I tried for a few days and it made me so sick and nauseaous all day, it was not for me. I modified my diet and then on Christmas Day itself and the day after since I was off work, I was able to skip breakfast until around 10:30 am, which was a change for me.

I am praying it's my daughter at long last! But I will love another boy to pieces as well. My oldest son, who is 4, even said he wants a sister! He said no more "Evans!" referring to his baby brother.
    Here's hoping I'll have a daughter who will be madly loved and protected by her two bigger brothers!

*EDITED on April 20th--> Baby is definitely a girl!! I still cannot believe it really happened!! Things I was most worried about in my sway: not being able to skip breakfast, I ate cream of wheat instead of my usual oatmeal...I think this substition really, really helped! Things that I think went right: trying to stay relaxed, keeping T levels low, being obese, and losing some weight in the process, my husband being overweight and his low sex drive I think all helped make this possible! Of course a HUGE shout-out to all the ladies here who steered me in the right direction towards the PERFECT SWAY FOR ME! I would be carrying boy 3 I'm sure if it wasn't for all the help, support & love I recievied on this site!!!*
    Last edited by auroara78; April 20th, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: update for gender result
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

2. Likes sammysam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck auroara..I'm so happy for you!! I think your sway sounds great. I wonder if DH's low sex drive will be a good thing- perhaps he has low testesterone!! That would be GOOD!! Hoping to join you really soon. Fingers crossed for a PINK sticky bean XOXO!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FX FX FX hun
    UK Mummy to 4 beautiful boys, need to stop dreaming of a princess
    DS1 05
    9wks 5 days
    DS2 08
    DS3 10
    DS4 12
    Swayed for but failed twice
    GD SUCKS

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great sway BTW x x
    UK Mummy to 4 beautiful boys, need to stop dreaming of a princess
    DS1 05
    9wks 5 days
    DS2 08
    DS3 10
    DS4 12
    Swayed for but failed twice
    GD SUCKS

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you have done a great job auroara, I have my FX for you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great auroara! I think you have done the right thing by modifying the diet to suit you... if it is going to make life too hard it's just not worth it. A good sway and hoping for you

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a great sway. It reminds me a lot of mine and mine seems to have worked. Good luck!
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone!

Lobella, that is very reassuring! Thank you!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations and good luck! Sounds good!
    My oldest wants a baby sister too for the same reason
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AWW - We have a DS2 Evan as well, I had to laugh at what your little one said

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast