Page 79 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mumofsix I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I am sending you lots of love and healing. My heart breaks for you
    Four Amazing Boys!

One Sweet Girl - Thanks to Atomic and GD!

One angel watching over us

Praying and swaying for another so that , hopefully, our daughter can have a sister.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mumofsix, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this and sending lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family xoxo

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you don't mind me posting again, I still get notifications from my app when people post in here and like to keep up with your journeys from time to time, rooting for you all and I couldn't read and run.
    Mumofsix I am so so sorry to hear your sad news. I'm thinking of you all at this extremely difficult time. Sending you all my love and best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, need some advice - Midwife just called to let me know I am at risk for Downs Syndrome (Their cut off is 1 in 150 and my test came back as 1 in 130) so they want to have me in on Monday for a consultation about CVS and possibly do the procedure right then and there. I am so shocked and really scared as to what it all entails as I was low risk with my boys.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am so worried about miscarriage too!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw this through new posts- just to put this into perspective, you have a less than 1% chance of your child having DS. At 1.130, that is a .76% chance so a 99.24% chance all is well!

You can ask for a 4D scan and see if there are any other soft markers like a heart defect. If there are no soft markers seen, then you can decide to have a CVS or not. There are so many things that can affect the "test"- remember it is not diagnostic and simply an odds generator and most are false positives(it's not actually a positive though!).
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sam, absolutely devastating news. I'm so sorry. There are no words. I really hope you have support. Heartbroken for you honey. Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet mummy you poor thing how scary stephk just had the same thing I think she was 1 in 90 she chose to do a medical scan and her baby is 100% healthy. I too would advise this option before rushing into CVS so many things can affect the downs test your age, if the sonographer did not do the measurements properly etc etc. X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet mummy My sister had her son in jan. She had a 1:17 risk from the nuchal tests. She was told she would never have children so didn't do the cvs as he was her miracle. He was perfect at birth. I fell pg just after he was born. After all the worry during her pg, and with the ds risk clouding her pg, I opted to pay £600 for the harmony to get peace of mind. It was only the day or 2 before the section that I started to think about it. Good luck xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet Mummy what a shock. I would be taking up the other girl's suggestions. My friend has a son with Downs & absolutely nothing came up on the Original test. I have several friends who got high risk results & like you & they all turned out to be nothing at all so I think it has a lot of variables &
    Inconsistencies.
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your responses and advice girls! DH and I are doing our research and I already know whether baby has it or not we are keeping it, whereas hubby is very reluctant and wants me to do the test no questions asked.

I'm going to the consultation on Monday and see what they say. My gut says nothing is wrong but better to hear them out. I'd much prefer a medical scan than something invasive. This pregnancy has just thrown me for a loop compared to the boys! Will keep you all updated on what we decide...feeling quite numb to it all but hopeful xx

Page 79 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast