Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

coping with it all

Hi All

Every now and again something will happen and I am thrown back into the abyss. My brother/sis in-law completed their perfect little family with a boy after having a girl previous pigeon pair perfect, just like that.

The first thing my husband said was 'I love you, and remember I too wanted a girl' then proceeded to tell me what they had.

I am upset, I keep saying over and over in my head this week I deal with my own demons and next week will be fine. I love all children, and my nieces and nephews are all beautiful and I am excited to have a baby in the family again. The thing I grapple with is that I feel so torn, true bittersweet I feel envious, jealous, happy, sad, stupid, selfish, and proud all at once and there truly are no words to describe it to someone who doesn't know.

Many people say to me that they wouldn't care if they didn't have one child (at least) of each sex, and all of these people have a child of each sex.

When we go out in public we are a regular freak show, we get looks and comments and I love them usually and I use these comments to boost me, 'Yes I have four boys and they are all awesome' and I truly believe that. Its days like today that when we go out and do the after school shop and I have the several comments about my family make up that are going to be hard, I know already. Days like today I feel like everyone feels the need to comment on something I don't have...I don't walk around and say oh wow you don't own a house, oh wow you don't have a dad, oh wow you have a massive NOSE!!!! just today I could do without the comments of what I am missing and pointing out the very obvious make up of my 'perfect' little family.

On another note, lately I have had about five people ask if the kids are all mine....then are they from the same dad........seriously I also had cornflakes for breakfast!!!

Thank you for listening......
    2005200620082009 2012

I love them with all of my heart.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard. We're here.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry honey...some days just suck when it comes to GD. The lame ass comments from people dig that dagger so much deeper.

I can relate to all you are saying in many ways.

You made me chuckle...wouldn't it be great if we weren't so in shock when people made their lame comments enough to say things like "geez, you sure have a lousy haircut!!"

Hang in there....time has helped the comments and the sting. Big hugs mama...

My Gender Dreaming

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did someone really ask you if they were all from the same dad?? Wtf?!?! People are so unbelievable sometimes! I had someone once tell me, in front of my boys, that I finally "got it right" w the girl. Luckily my boys are pretty oblivious!
    200320052008:2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had that question too once and I have three. WTH man! Some people.
    Sorry you are finding it hard right now. I remember your post a while ago about how you were doing O.K with GD and enjoying your life with your boys.
    I feel like that every now and then but even if I do get to that place where I feel it most of the time I am scared that it will always come back throughout life with triggers such as that or when things are hard. That is why I decided I need to do HT because I don't want to have to deal with it. It must feel strange having all those emotions at once but it is totally normal and you sound like a nice person by how you love all the children in your family. I'm glad your husband is supportive. Hugs to you. How are you doing today?

I also try to rock at having an all boy family and hold my head up high. But on a bad day, the comments can be hard to deal with. I like your analogy about how they shouldn't be pointing out what we don't have in life and we don't go saying they don't have this and that like owning a house or something. That is just rude. I might try that in a comeback one day. Thanks
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting the unwelcome comments from strangers when I have my two boys with me now that I look unmistakably pregnant. Stuff like "Are you getting a girl?" and a lot of moms launching into stories of how they got their daughters after 2 or 3 boys. At this point I'm so overwhelmed with parenting period, I just want to try to get over my GD so I can be content with this being our last. I had my 20 week US and it is confirmed that this one is 100% boy, if only I could gestate like a hermit until the baby is out. Getting real tired of strangers' crap.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your responses, it helps to know I am not alone and people get it. I feel so much better even a day later....honestly I do. whether it is the support from here or just my coping skills are getting better not sure.

I look at my youngest and you know I would not swap him for a hundred girls.....he is devine and it matters not what is between his legs. he is Hamish he is a cheeky, fun filled and gorgeous person.

Thank you all for your support as I tumbled.... I know there will be other days, much as there is with getting over loosing a baby. We learn to deal but it is always there.

have an awesome weekend all xxx
    2005200620082009 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arimethia strangers crap is the worst!!! it really does make us evaluate more. Congratulations on your baby...have you got names?
    2005200620082009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone always asks me if all my kids have the same dad. A few days ago I saw my mom had posted a lovely picture of me and she wrote, "She has 5 kids and they all have the same dad". um. thanks mom.

Agree totally that everyone who says they wouldn't care if they had all one sex, has both or else has no children or only one with plans to have more.

Alll we can do is laugh it off!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi All,
    I have had a similar day to that today. My SIL has just announced they she is having a girl, 1st time round only months after i have had my 4th boy. I feel like such a failure and it upsets both me and my DH. Why does it have to be this hard and unfair!! Its great to hear you are feeling much better today. I too have become an avid internet shopper as i can not stand the comments about 4 boys. I know i will feel better able to cope after some sleep and its great to know i am not alone, so thanks for your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast