Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question What would you do?

Hi Ladies!

I'm looking for some advice/opinions. The clinic we are cycling with advise that you put back 3 embryos. I'm 27 i've had 5 healthy pregnancys no history of miscarriage so what are the chances of multiples? Obviously I want the best chance of getting one daughter, but i'm not sure about 3!! I could put 2 back but you could still get 3 that way. I'm not sure i'd be happy doing a SET as I want the best chance possiblei'm confusing myself here!!

I understand I have to be lucky enough to get even 1 girl embryo, but what would you do or advise?

Thanks
    5:bigboy 2013 and expecting July 2015

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO WAY. Where are you cycling? Anywhere that would tell a 27 year old mom of 5 healthy kids conceived naturally to put back 3 embryos ONLY CARES ABOUT THEIR OWN STATS and NOT YOU. I wouldn't cycle there or if you do, put back one if you want one baby. I honestly cannot believe that a doctor would tell you that(I mean I believe YOU, I cannot believe them).
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swear to God that's what they told me! That's why I had to ask someone because I didn't think it was right. By thinking of their stats do you mean so they have more pregnancy/live birth figures?
    I thought it was high especialy for my age. Yeah maybe your right about a SET I'm thinking of changing and going to HRC.
    Thanks NBP your a star x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When looking at a clinic's stats, you really should look at the average number of embryos transferred in each age bracket. Some clinics do transfer more embryos than others would. To tell a woman in her 20's to transfer 3 embryos when using IVF for GS and not infertility is awful. I don't know how else to descibe it. Did they know you had 5 kids? And they knew it was for GS? I would just look at other clinics and do a couple of consults with some reputable clinics before choosing that one. You have to consider your health, the babies AND your current family when doing this. The only thing I see that the clinic you talked to considered, assuming they had all your details, was their stats going up with you as a patient. Be careful. Sounds like you are doing the intelligent thing and going with your instict when something doesn't sound quite right. Good for you!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I told them I had 5 children. I just thought it was strange after reading in the forums, doctors like Dr P advise against this they would go for a SET. They knew it was for GS as well. I wouldn't cope with Triplets, let alone the health problems for babies and myself! I could cope with Twins but Triplets plus the boys no way!!! I'm going to stay looking around and getting consults till i'm happy. I am being pulled towards Dr Potter mainly for all the positive things anyone who cycled there have said, even if they had a BFN.

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, surprised to hear this . . . and by the way definitely reccommend Dr. P I personally think you should generally transfer 2 unless you absolutely can't handle twins--and should consider more only when there are other factors (age, failed cycle, bad embryos, etc.).

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know because potentially all 3 could implant and then they could split and that would mean = SEXTUPLETS!!! I would love a daughter but I don't think 6 in one is the way to go for me lol.
    Everyone who has cycled with or consulted with DR P all have good reports so i'm looking into that at the moment.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At your age I would never put back 3. For me, the potential of triplets would terrify me. Never put back more than you would be willing to carry.

5 failed MS IUI/IVF cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's crazy! I would look at other clinics and have a couple different consults.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that transferring 3 on your first IVF cycle would not be the best thing to do. I would approach another RE or express your desire for a SET or 2 at the most. We have seen it before when transferring three really does equal triplets.
    One perfect
    One perfect Thank you Dr P, Lori and Microsort!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast