Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Here with a IVF/PGD question

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer my questions! I am interested in doing ivf/pgd and hopefully getting pg in august or september. I have found a clinic called RGI in chicago that does pgd for family balancing. They told me to find a local dr. who will do the ivf,egg retrieval and implanting,etc. They said once my local ivf dr. makes the embryos , a cell from each would be sent to RGI for analysis for chromo and gender. Once the desired one is found they call the ivf physician and tell them which one to implant.
    Is this typically what/how most ppl go through the process?
    I have four ivf centers i need to call and see if they will or not. however RGI has worked with 2 ivf clinics 2hrs from me in the past 2 yrs...
    Thoughts on this?
    Thankyou!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty typical.

Many places do not have an in-house lab. What kind of testing do they offer? FISH, Natera, aCGH? Day 3 or 5 testing?

I know of one other person that has cycled there...it's odd though, I cannot find them listed on SART.org's site or the CDC site reporting their stats...I don't know if they go by another name, but very odd.

If you want to join up with the other HT gals, you can become a Member and "see" the rest of the HT forum where all the past cycle data resides!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply. I will become a member to get more information. The RGI is just a lab and does PGD. I think sart only shows thw IVF clinic information, right? I also know of Dr. Morris in Chicago who does both IVF/PGD and works with patients out of state. I live about 6 hours from chicago. So I am trying to figure out which option would be best???
    Thank you! Did you get Finally get pink?? Will check out your information later, once the kids are in bed

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the name of the fertility clinic? We don't typically organize a cycle through the lab.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Im sorry, just realized you have 3 girls wanting boy...I have 3 boys, lol!! I must say I do love my boys! but my entire family is boys and so is my husbands so a girl would be nice...Thought we would try, if it doesn't work then its just not meant to be..
    The lab that does PGD is called RGI, Reproductive Genetics Institute, located in Chicago. They told me to go through IVF with a local fertility Dr. Have them do ET, ect. Send the cell of the embryo to RGI have them test it then they talk with IVF physician here at home and tell them which to implant. They have been very helpful at RGI, but need to learn more before making the investment..

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, they are the lab but who is the doctor or clinic that does the procedures? You usually work with the doctor or fertility clinic, not the lab directly. Who is the "local doc"?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Their are 4 options that are close to me according the sart website. Cynthia Austin with Cleve clinic, James M. Goldfarb with UNiv. Hosp, and 2 in another area, Richard W. Moretuzzo,
    Grant E. Schmidt is from a clinic that RGI(the Lab) has worked with in past.
    Joseph V. Karnitis is from another clinic that RGI has worked with.
    So I need to research them and see if they will do IVF on me I am (35) so I can say due to age/chromo reasons and if they are willing to work with RGI.
    Or do you think going through a place like Dr. Morris in Chicago/Dr.Potter in CA who works with out of town pts, you just have to do monitoring on your own and fly out for egg retrievel, implant a better option. So confusing..

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do those that you mention locally offer IVF with GS? You have to make sure that they do gender selection/family balancing. They all may but I am not familiar with any of them. The doctor does all the ordering, etc so they have to ultimately offer GS and if the lab they use is RGI, great. Some may have their own lab.

I think you need to contact a clinic/doctor and do a consult or first inquire if they will do family balancing. They have to offer family balancing or they will not tell you which embryo is which come transfer day.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just so you understand, the fact that the LAB will do PGD for gender doesn't matter. You have to find a CLINIC and DOCTOR that is okay with family balancing or you cannot have it done. So, first thing is to call those that you list and see if they do offer family balancing!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok Thank you! I will continue my search.