Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

microsort, seems the best option and PGD cost decreasing?

it seems obvious to me (a very LAY and unknowledgable person), to eliminate the particular sperm you DONT want to fertilize, in order to ultimately get your desired gender. i hear that MS is not very available in the US (and not much internationally). i see that it is not as accurate as PGD is.

why? why havent we come up with the technology by now to sort thru sperm, separate the X and Y with complete accuracy? how far are we from doing this?

it would be so much easier, to only use the desired sperm, shoot it up during ovulation (or assisted ovulation) and see what happens...right? cheaper too!

another question do any of you think that the cost of PGD for GS will decrease bc it is now becoming more and more popular (you know, like how flat screem tvs used to be a luxury item but now the price went down so everyone has one..except us...;-))??

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PGD is a luxury service and for that reason I do not see cost decreasing.

MS is available in Mexico and it is much cheaper than the US to cycle there. It is no longer available in the US unless you travel to Mexico, do a sort and freeze and ship it to a US clinic willing to receive it. If you're worried about cost tgat likely won't work for you.

The average cycle costs around $14,000 in the US but can be higher or lower depending on where you cycle.

There may be a test one day but as of now, biopsing the embryo is our only choice to guarantee gender.

Internationally, it costs less to travel but many clinics are not up to par with the US and Australia in terms of culturing embryos and PGD.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    PGD is a luxury service and for that reason I do not see cost decreasing.

MS is available in Mexico and it is much cheaper than the US to cycle there. It is no longer available in the US unless you travel to Mexico, do a sort and freeze and ship it to a US clinic willing to receive it. If you're worried about cost tgat likely won't work for you.

The average cycle costs around $14,000 in the US but can be higher or lower depending on where you cycle.

There may be a test one day but as of now, biopsing the embryo is our only choice to guarantee gender.

Internationally, it costs less to travel but many clinics are not up to par with the US and Australia in terms of culturing embryos and PGD.
    Where is it available in the US?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosweetboys View Post
    Where is it available in the US?
    Microsort is not available in the US.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I'm not sure Microsoft is the same as sperm spinning. I know for sure there is sperm spinning available in clinics around where I live (for gender selection) in California. it is just a lot less guaranteed than PGD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason why we haven't come up with the technology to separate X and Y sperm is that they are miniscule and identical in every way except for just a smidge size difference. Imagine trying to come up with a way to sort out a roomful of split peas that were green and then a slightly different shade of green that you can't detect with the naked eye.

There is also the issue that the sorting process could possibly alter the sperm somehow (which is what one concern was with Microsort)

I wouldn't wait around holding my breath for a new method of sperm sorting to come along. PGD is extremely accurate and so doctors are happy with that. NO offense meant to them but I think very few reproductive endocrinologists are staying awake at night worrying that we poor folk can't select our baby's gender. No motivation for prices to come down and I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon. They never run sales on mammograms either.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sales on mammograms? I like that. along with buy one get one free breast lifts...or babies...

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The reason why we haven't come up with the technology to separate X and Y sperm is that they are miniscule and identical in every way except for just a smidge size difference. Imagine trying to come up with a way to sort out a roomful of split peas that were green and then a slightly different shade of green that you can't detect with the naked eye.

There is also the issue that the sorting process could possibly alter the sperm somehow (which is what one concern was with Microsort)

I wouldn't wait around holding my breath for a new method of sperm sorting to come along. PGD is extremely accurate and so doctors are happy with that. NO offense meant to them but I think very few reproductive endocrinologists are staying awake at night worrying that we poor folk can't select our baby's gender. No motivation for prices to come down and I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon. They never run sales on mammograms either.

June ER @ HRC
    HB seen at 6w4d!

My HT son