Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

GSN pricing vs. PGD with Reprogenetics

How much is GSN with Reprogenetics as well as a 3 probe biopsy using PGD?

Is the false /positive ratio lesser when you do the day 5/6 biopsy? Can you really biopsy this late without the embryo arresting?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GSN is more expensive than PGD for sure. A 5 day biopsy is going to be the standard soon my RE tells me. At 5 days, they can get a better read on the embryo as well not be at such risk for damaging the embryo. A 6 day transfer will be the norm not too long from now. It is just as good if not better than a 3 day, it's just that not many places offer it yet but will soon.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The potential benefit from a day 5 biopsy is that they are able to use more than one cell and thus cross check the results whereas day 3, you have one cell to work with and if anything goes wrong, that embryo is counted out.

The risk of day 5 is that the embryo has to be a blast on day 5 in order to be able to perform the biopsy. If it takes until day 6, the embryo must be frozen and a later FET planned.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes GSN is more expensive

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i did a day 5 biopsy but only 3 out of 11 made it to day 5. out of the 3, there was only 1 normal xx and we're trying for a xy.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cj00 View Post
    i did a day 5 biopsy but only 3 out of 11 made it to day 5. out of the 3, there was only 1 normal xx and we're trying for a xy.
    How old are you? What kind of stim dosage were you on? How many days did you stim?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was quoted $3700 for GSN but I don't know if it is through Reprogenetics or not. I believe it is through GSN themselves but I don't really know that answer 100%. My clinic also has a biopsy fee of $1450. HTH!
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsbunny View Post
    How much is GSN with Reprogenetics as well as a 3 probe biopsy using PGD?

Is the false /positive ratio lesser when you do the day 5/6 biopsy? Can you really biopsy this late without the embryo arresting?
    GSN and aCGH are forms of PGD. FISH probes are also forms of PGD. PGD is just means preimplantation genetic diagnosis, so there are various ways of making that diagnosis. I believe Reprogenetics offers aCGH which is also 24 chromosome testing, though ever so slightly different from GSN. It will give you the same information. They quote a 1-2% error rate.

Using FISH probes I think is 5-10% error rate.

As long as the embryologist is experienced in 5 day biopsy, I have been told this is the safer way to do a biopsy, as its less damaging to the embryo and clinics report higher ongoing pregnancy rates from day 5 biopsies.
    and my HT

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any one have the price?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cfangelck View Post
    Any one have the price?
    It varies by clinic.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast