Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Things to take and do in preperation?

I am hoping and planning on doing PGD for a girl sometime before i'm 30 (next september) and was wondering what your thoughts were on preparing my body for this whole process. I will be going through Dr. P already had a free consult and have all the orders for the sonohystogram (sp?) and bloodwork. I just ordered some DHEA (not sure i need it but it was a really good price buy one get one free and some prenatal vitamins and some Co-Q10 they should be here soon. I read on IG about something like bee pollen jelly or something like that to take? and then maybe going on a girl diet (not sure what that might be lol) anyways my biggest things have been losing weight and detoxing at this point i'm doing a parasite cleanse right now next will be a full detox of my system and maybe juicing. Started P90X and been watching my eating.. thanks for all your help i'm open to any suggestions on what might have worked for you.

super good prices btw on puritan.com for DHEA and tons of other supplements/vitamins take care and i wish you all the greatest luck in the world and hope you all get your dreams given to you

Shari

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, you are young and sound healthy. As long as you take a pre-natal vitamin for at least 3 months prior to your cycle, eat really healthy, and not caffeine or alcohol the month you cycle...you eggs will be the best quality they can be. Don't forget, this is IVF so only about 40% of your eggs will be "normal" if your lucky. The drugs really do a number on you. Taking all those supplements really will not make much a difference and there is so much side effects. Ask your RE, they will tell you. Unless you are an older woman with fertility issues, taking those supplements will not make much difference at all. Just be healthy and take a prenatal vitamin...its the best you can do. I know it really worked for me. My 1st cycle I was not taking a prenatal and most all my eggs were junk. 2nd cycle I had been taking one for over 4 months and 40% of my eggs were normal and healthy. It does make a difference. Good luck.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your pretesting is good, a prenatal is all you really need. I would not take DHEA unless you needed it.

Once you know your AFC, AMH and FSH you might want to add some supplements but you are young so you shouldn't need them.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums